Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

About logging in

ItsAlexItsAlex Member UncommonPosts: 32

Well, I downloaded this game and when I'm trying to log on i get some server error ("not a service area")

Does that mean that those crappy nexon mean that it is just for US?, cause I've got a nexon account before they got that "rule". And sometimes when I open my game I get some kind of korean error

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/8782/errorpc6.png

"Warning

The user cultural information id is not available, using korean instead"

I mean wtf?, and I can't find any support for this either, I've searched the site for this.

Comments

• thorwoodthorwood Member Posts: 485

I am from Australia and has a similar error message when I tried over a  month  ago.  A New Zealander posted that they too had this message.

I think it is only for US/Canada players at this time.

• ItsAlexItsAlex Member UncommonPosts: 32

Yeah, but the thing is that they were announcing that they wouldn't take any more registration except from US, or at least they shouldn't be able to play for example Maplestory(you could still play on your old account that was made before) And I've got a old account but still it doesn't work. But whatever they've probably made it only for US.

It really sucks cause I just downloaded this game for no reason now, since they didn't state it obvious on the site. Fail by Nexon.

• vompafoovompafoo Member Posts: 4

Nexon has imposed an IP ban for anyone outside North America.

I beleive it's because there are already a few servers in Asia which are more updated and Nexon doesn't want the lag from players overseas connecting.  Also, it could be that the other server owners requested the ban as to keep their players on their servers instead of migrating to the new one.

In return, the overseas servers have banned NA IP's from creating new accounts.  Nexon created a monopoly in NA for Mabinogi.  If you really want to get onto the game, there are some loopholes available using proxys.  I played for a few weeks with someone from Australia, so the ban has loopholes.