Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Coming back for DoY?

bsherlockbsherlock Member Posts: 491

Does anyone know if anybody is going to come back to Neocron, or start playing neocron when DoY is finally released?

I just came back myself and am hoping that lots of people either start playing or return because the cerver populations are really low, and this is a very good game, which, like ronseal - does exactly what it says on the tin. and does it well, or would if there were more people image

(please dont use this thread to slag neocron off, or complain about the fact that there were problems years ago like all the other threads are full of)

MUAHAHAHAHAHA

MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Comments

• 51505150 Member UncommonPosts: 222

I might give DoY a shot...I'll see how I feel

• TazhaTazha Member Posts: 2

Reakktor has a point of view on this question.

Look at the trailer and, if you know a little le the game, you'll don't find so many new things... Why ?

Because Reakktor decided to make NC:BDoY an entire new game (that's why now you have to call it Neocron 2: Beyond Dome of York). They want to find new players on their game. That's their priority now.

All old players are still welcomed of course, but are no more the center of market fo ReaKKtor.

But... come back, this game is so... different and unique ;)

• ezzaezza Member Posts: 88

well tbh the old vets are going to make up the bulk of the new people to start with, i think a number of former players will be returning, if only to check it out.

coming back for DOY?

i never leftimage

• OnnidrahOnnidrah Member Posts: 56
    I think il make a trail account to view what they made from it after the beta

Onnidrah- Horizons
    Onnidrah- Neocron
    Onnidrah- Shatterd Galaxy
    Onnidrah- Ryzom
    Onnidrah- SWG (trail)
    Onnidrah- Runescape
    Onnireg- Earth & Beyond
    Regnerus2- Anarchy Online
    Onnidrah- Anarchy Online

Onnidrah- Horizons
    Onnidrah- Neocron
    Onnidrah- Shatterd Galaxy
    Onnidrah- Ryzom
    Onnidrah- SWG
    Onnidrah- Runescape
    Onnireg- Earth & Beyond
    Regnerus2- Anarchy Online
    Onnidrah- Anarchy Online

• Fatal1tyFatal1ty Member Posts: 10

i never left, too :P

Neocron is a great Game and BDoY will be a great new Game too.
    Join us @ Jupiter :P (STORM)

• purge1purge1 Member Posts: 16

I just reactivated my subscription.

What scares me is there are very few peopel on the server I played on.. I had a mid leveled charactar and I'd hate to start him over on another server.

Purge1
    Internet Warlord!!!!
    Leth Deich Aon
    a mutli-gaming guild, supporting internet MMORPGs, RPGs, and FPS games
    http://www.ldaguild.com/

• phariuspharius Member Posts: 1

I'm 50/50 as to whether I give DOY a shot, I was one of the very first people to sign up for open beta and played for about 5 months after that but quit when I realised I wasnt having any fun, there was a massive amount of missing content we were promised, the large amount of bugs still in the game at that point were too substantial to simply be whitewashed over and that the levelling system was taking years off of my life (drive to swamp dungeon, pump up on drugs, equip claw, sync downwards, click solidly for 10 minuites on identical looking creatures, resurface, rest, rinse, repeat ad absurdum).

DOY looks promising, and if they release a free trial (that works this time :p) ill definatley give it a shot but I dont want to get too excited about it as KK are still ineffective at best.

No god, only religion.

No god, only religion.

• Mode6NineMode6Nine Member Posts: 56

Originally posted by pharius

I'm 50/50 as to whether I give DOY a shot, I was one of the very first people to sign up for open beta and played for about 5 months after that but quit when I realised I wasnt having any fun, there was a massive amount of missing content we were promised, the large amount of bugs still in the game at that point were too substantial to simply be whitewashed over and that the levelling system was taking years off of my life (drive to swamp dungeon, pump up on drugs, equip claw, sync downwards, click solidly for 10 minuites on identical looking creatures, resurface, rest, rinse, repeat ad absurdum).

DOY looks promising, and if they release a free trial (that works this time :p) ill definatley give it a shot but I dont want to get too excited about it as KK are still ineffective at best.

No god, only religion.

See you actually missed all the fun stuff, all the fun stuff took place during closed beta (B3). B3 was a blast, had more fun during B3, B4 (open beta) and the first month of retail than I have had during the year or whatever since retail

The problem was all the whiney carebears in the forums, and Reakktor actually listening to the please of their customers, good response, but in the end it ended up making the game so unfun.

Lets see of DoY can pull a few strings and make it fun again, instead of a bunch of "l33t pK boi's" running around with their Cursed Souls and gold power armor.

• HyperTechHyperTech Member Posts: 13

I was thinking about coming back, but my old account is long gone by now. Not looking forward to starting from scratch... ugh... But my decision comes down to restarting Neocron or waiting for Face of Mankind, which looks very good and somewhat similar, or atleast my style.

• JestJest Member Posts: 6

Originally posted by HyperTech

I was thinking about coming back, but my old account is long gone by now. Not looking forward to starting from scratch... ugh... But my decision comes down to restarting Neocron or waiting for Face of Mankind, which looks very good and somewhat similar, or atleast my style.

No accounts have been wiped so your character and stuff should still be there.  Reakktor said they wont wipe anything till after NC2 starts. 

Also I encourage any one who is thinking about giving Neocron another try to definitely do it.  The game looks sweet plain and simple, and NC2 might bring in the main thing NC1 is lacking, more players.  ;)

MMOs Currently playing - Neocron -

Neocron - Pluto - Black Dragon

• HyperTechHyperTech Member Posts: 13

I thought they said accounts inactive for 3 months would be deleted... If not, great.

yup they did say that, i belive accounts should of been deleted in this way from start of retail, however this never happened.

so they have said that from DoY on wards, 3 months and accounts will be wiped.

so if you have an inactive account atm, it will still be there but come DoY time you could see it disapear

• TheMorph2000TheMorph2000 Member Posts: 6

i can confirm this image

a year ago, or longer i had my account(s) deactivated for more than 4 months image

after re-activating them they where untouched image

Server Saturn

- Heavy Tank
    - Meele Tank
    - APU Monk
    - PPU Monk
    - CST Spy
    - RES Spy

• DX_IntruderDX_Intruder Member Posts: 65
    I will come back for BDoY when Reakktor sends the darn beta accounts/passwords for the contest winners.. image

• iretiret Member Posts: 8

Originally posted by DX_Intruder
    I will come back for BDoY when Reakktor sends the darn beta accounts/passwords for the contest winners.. image

Good luck in them getting off there lazy butt to do anything. I will try out NC2 but my accounts expire 1 month after the current launch date. If i dont like it i will give out alot of stuff. Last count i had around 5600 techs and about 15 MC5 parts and 4 built MC5's. Most my multi slotted rares (4 and up) will go to old clan mates and good freinds IRL and ingame.

Slaughter or Slaughteruall on most forums

Slaughter or Slaughteruall on most forums

ugh ignore me
  • DX_IntruderDX_Intruder Member Posts: 65
    I read that one of the updates for BDoY will be "an updated engine". Does anyone know what that means? I was hoping they would add better physics, but I don't think that's it. Then I thought it could be a better lighting engine, but the trailer for BDoY showed the Dome of York area to be lit up equally like most other areas... like, all the surfaces are bright, there are no dark shadowy corners or anything, etc... Anyone know what they updated?

• hallammihallammi Member Posts: 3

theive redone coding the game on a new engine forgot what it was called but it was stated by a Dev on the forums.

allthough I still remember the name of the old engine which was Tekktonikn (or something similar)

allthough I am only 99% sure.

give me a pen and paper to sign on plz

Originally posted by DX_Intruder
    I read that one of the updates for BDoY will be "an updated engine". Does anyone know what that means? I was hoping they would add better physics, but I don't think that's it. Then I thought it could be a better lighting engine, but the trailer for BDoY showed the Dome of York area to be lit up equally like most other areas... like, all the surfaces are bright, there are no dark shadowy corners or anything, etc... Anyone know what they updated?

i belive they are using Direct X-9 for the new game, where as they use i think direct x- 7 atm, so will allow for better textures lighting etc.

and hopefully better FPS

• CeratiCerati Member Posts: 6
    If they make a 1 or 2-character english server I will be there.

• MasentajaMasentaja Member Posts: 31

Originally posted by Cerati
    If they make a 1 or 2-character english server I will be there.

Why limit your playing experience? I never understood the Plutos rules, one slot character server. If I wanna play restricted game, hell i play minesweeper.

Otherwise, I'll be playing now, and after DoY. image

• GaneshaBEGaneshaBE Member Posts: 6

The 1 char server aren't allways a limitation you know.  the reason for that is that 4 chars servers tend to get messy with all the alts.

I Played on both and my experience tells me that a lot (not all) of people on 4 char server make either mules or make chars in all different factions. No problem if the would roleplay em different, but there lies a problem. Far to many times i killed a CA player (being TG) to be killed 2 minutes later by a TG cause i killed his CA alt. This is what blows imo. If you have 4 chars play 4 chars but not one with 4 alter ego's.

• ZebraZebra Member Posts: 8

It is really up to the individual and one should not try to force his opinion onto another.

If you only want to have one char, so only have one char.

If somebody wants to have more or a mule, what is it to you? You have the choice of having a mule too. What difference does it make if somebody has two chars in two factions, how is that different to a husband and wife team playing, or two friends.

Not everybody has a bunch of friends or relatives around them.

Live and let live, do not try and expect others to chose your preferences

• MattimeoMattimeo Member Posts: 18

I actually cancelled in response to Neocron 2 image

not because of the item wipe. Not because of the missed release dates once again, but because they're raising the fee to $16. waaaaayyyyy too much for what they give in return.

• MasentajaMasentaja Member Posts: 31

Originally posted by GaneshaBE

The 1 char server aren't allways a limitation you know.  the reason for that is that 4 chars servers tend to get messy with all the alts.
    I Played on both and my experience tells me that a lot (not all) of people on 4 char server make either mules or make chars in all different factions. No problem if the would roleplay em different, but there lies a problem. Far to many times i killed a CA player (being TG) to be killed 2 minutes later by a TG cause i killed his CA alt. This is what blows imo. If you have 4 chars play 4 chars but not one with 4 alter ego's.

Gotta agree on that, about the killing CA character, he brings his main TG char and PK's you, that is silly. Many clans has gotten in war 'cause they kill enemy factioner, and later on they find out that it was some allied factions alt. And gets in war. Well, some people are just plain stupid. image Should stay as TG if they wanna be TG. I personally play all my characters in same faction, and in same clan.