Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Free week of play in re-enlistment week.

adrianemeryadrianemery Member Posts: 250

Just been sent this about a free weeks play during re-enlistment week. Numbers must have fallen pretty badly when they are offering this.

The AFS Needs You!

It's been six months since our great struggle against the Bane began. In that time, the AFS has released a barrage of free updates designed to enhance and empower allied troops in the field. To celebrate our victories, you are invited back into the fold for a week of carnage, for free!

To take part in the Re-Enlistment Week, all you need to do is log into your account between May 2nd (1600h BST) and May 9th (2200h BST). Before you know it, you'll be back on the frontlines experiencing the substantial changes the AFS has made to the Tabula Rasa universe.

Comments

• twistedvenomtwistedvenom Member Posts: 118

What has changed so much for us to come back even for free?

Dont get me wrong, I love the fast pace action but I can get the same fun out a FPS with out the fees later.

• Warbird1Warbird1 Member Posts: 13

Do yourself a favor and save yourself some stomach lining.

Wait until they take the game out of the beta test mentality.

Since beta ended only about 5% of the mechanics are the same.  Classes are being continually nerfed and changed due to a weak game engine and PVP whining in the guise of "rebalancing."

Right now the game is more suited to being a council game than a PC MMO.

Wait 6 months and see if they come to their senses and get back to their original vision for the game.

• JadetoothJadetooth Member UncommonPosts: 372

I downloaded the client, but yea, GTA4 is arriving at my doorstep tomorrow hopefully so not alot of hope for TR to see me again.

------------------------------

• ToxiliumToxilium Member UncommonPosts: 905

Originally posted by skinnys

I downloaded the client, but yea, GTA4 is arriving at my doorstep tomorrow hopefully so not alot of hope for TR to see me again.
    Enjoy mindlessly killing NPC hookers!

This free-week is such a joke. What have they added since said "invasion" that would make us want to come back?

• bstuartbstuart Member UncommonPosts: 135

yea the game is still being run into the ground by starr long

but the offer of free time for returning players being offered after only 6 months doesnt look good for the gsme

• vipjerryvipjerry Member UncommonPosts: 157

"...barrage of free updates..." this is a joke right?

What they are doing now is mockery of everyone who bought this game.

Probably they meant "barrage of Broken Promises..." they should let this game die in peace.

• abhaighabhaigh Member Posts: 390

*chuckle*

And here I've just gone and cancelled my account

Logging in to find that my favourite spy has just been nerfed beyond recognition and knowing that the grind to level 40 and more missions just got 50% longer was enough

Maybe I'll be back in a few months to see just how badly they've managed to fuck things up

Maybe I won't

-=A=-

in B4 'can I have all your stuff?'

• A.BlacklochA.Blackloch Member UncommonPosts: 842

Originally posted by adrianemery

The AFS Needs You!

It's been six months since our great struggle against the Bane began. In that time, the AFS has released a barrage of free ...
    Hmm has it been already six months? Damn I still can't believe this game fooled me, I actually thought It was THE scifi mmorpg I've been waiting. To me, TR failed even worse than the "legend" Auto Assault. It just bored me to death and it only took less than one month. 

Auto Assault, I never quit it because the game sucked in some weird way, I quit it because my old computer couldn't handle it's requirements. :) I'd propably install AA again and have some fun with my friends if it were possible.

Oh, and Auto Assault has a very cool soundtrack. Even that makes it better than TR. :)

• green13green13 Member UncommonPosts: 1,341

Originally posted by twistedvenom

What has changed so much for us to come back even for free?
    Exactly.

This was one of the (many) mistakes the-game-formerly-known-as-Horizons made, repeatedly.

These 'come back and try the game again' promotions backfire if the game isn't actually better.

• DradiinDradiin Member Posts: 259
    Originally posted by Mortemia

Originally posted by adrianemery

The AFS Needs You!

It's been six months since our great struggle against the Bane began. In that time, the AFS has released a barrage of free ...
    Hmm has it been already six months? Damn I still can't believe this game fooled me, I actually thought It was THE scifi mmorpg I've been waiting. To me, TR failed even worse than the "legend" Auto Assault. It just bored me to death and it only took less than one month. 

Auto Assault, I never quit it because the game sucked in some weird way, I quit it because my old computer couldn't handle it's requirements. :) I'd propably install AA again and have some fun with my friends if it were possible.

Oh, and Auto Assault has a very cool soundtrack. Even that makes it better than TR. :)

LOL too bad AutoAssault is no more..  they pulled the plug on that game 3-4 months ago.

Originally posted by Dradiin

LOL too bad AutoAssault is no more..  they pulled the plug on that game 3-4 months ago.

Auto Assault had it's last day in the end of August 2007. Almost 10 months now. *sob*

• openedge1openedge1 Member Posts: 2,582

Ok

So, I got this notice, and thought about firing it up...but, you guys really are down on it? Can you maybe give me a run down on the issues since open are.

I lost all hope on opening when all the nerfs took place, performance was off, and the gameplay just was overly boring.

Does anyone have something good to say besides the combat is fun?

Thanks

• indiramournindiramourn Member UncommonPosts: 884
    Originally posted by Mortemia

An interesting side-note.  Tracy W. Bush composed music for both TR and Auto Assult.  en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracy_W._Bush

Originally posted by indiramourn

An interesting side-note.  Tracy W. Bush composed music for both TR and Auto Assult.  en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tracy_W._Bush

Yes well, TR's soundtrack isn't worth mentioning. :)

• DimexDimex Member UncommonPosts: 27

can you guys clear something up for me?

This free week , do i have to resubscribe to the game to get this free week? or should i be able to just log back into my account?

• openedge1openedge1 Member Posts: 2,582

Originally posted by Dimex

This free week , do i have to resubscribe to the game to get this free week? or should i be able to just log back into my account?

I was able to log back in.....

..................and log right back out...

• ToxiliumToxilium Member UncommonPosts: 905
    Originally posted by openedge1

Originally posted by Dimex

I was able to log back in.....

..................and log right back out...

Ya I literally went in for about 20 seconds. Hmm, a few new "changes." Lame. Alright I'm out 20 seconds later.

• Autodidact82Autodidact82 Member Posts: 64

Yea, I logged in for a half hour today. Played around with my Guardian for old times sake. Then logged the heck off, because with these supposed new updates. Just show's the dev's for this game don't know wtf their doing and have no direction for this game.

They seemed more worried bout making it able for a Khal to jump at me from the other side of the map. Rather then fixing anything worth while.

Just tried it again and I must say the game is terrible as a lvl 50 medic my direct armor tool doesn’t work on me and doesn’t auto reload anymore and my injector guns just stop working at all for periods of time most of the combat abilities either didn’t work or misfired. The combat was much slower because most things have much higher health then they should have its a real shame TR could have been a good game had they not hired incompetents like starr long to destroy the game

• Plasuma!!!Plasuma!!! Member Posts: 1,872

What's this? Not a single defense for TR?!

So this is it... we are victorious!

Either that or the people who once defended the game have reached the point where it has lost it's sparkle... less than 6 months later, even.

I wonder, will TR last long enough to see a first-year anniversary?

• abhaighabhaigh Member Posts: 390

the fanbois are all facepalm.jpg

'OH NOEZ TEHY WERE RIGHT ALL ALONG!!!'

• _Shadowmage_Shadowmage Member Posts: 1,459

Hardly - work have cracked down on non work related internet access - so no more browsing the forums on my lunch break.

At home real-life has cut my gaming back to two nights a week, and as you can imagine I would rather be playing than posting.

But having just spent 2 hours playing TR, I thought I would stop in before I head to bed.

• _Shadowmage_Shadowmage Member Posts: 1,459

Originally posted by bstuart
    Just tried it again and I must say the game is terrible as a lvl 50 medic my direct armor tool doesn’t work on me and doesn’t auto reload anymore

Try reading the patch notes. You now press the F key to heal/repair yourself. This works a lot better than not healing yourself because some NPC ran past and the game decided you meant to heal them instead.

• turnipzturnipz Member Posts: 531

Thus is human nature, people in america all say they never defended bush either..

and yet he got another 4 years

Originally posted by _Shadowmage

Originally posted by bstuart

Just tried it again and I must say the game is terrible as a lvl 50 medic my direct armor tool doesn’t work on me and doesn’t auto reload anymore

Try reading the patch notes. You now press the F key to heal/repair yourself. This works a lot better than not healing yourself because some NPC ran past and the game decided you meant to heal them instead.

thank you for the info and i did read the patch notes but didnt see that in it

can you tell me what buttons i need to hit to get my injector guns to work?

or what buttons i need to hit to get the actions to fire from my tool bar?

because as of last night none of these items are working properly