Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Friday Feature : Office Tour

2»

Comments

• ObeeObee Member Posts: 1,550

Originally posted by Valeran

Originally posted by Bob_Blawblaw

Originally posted by Sam123jo0123

Originally posted by p920037

They are not designed to impress people, simply to give insight into the offices/studio. For aspiring game developers/animators/modelers - this is interesting.

I'd be willing to bet that any aspiring game developers/animators/modelers know to stay far away from SOE if they want a decent job.

I am sure the realists interested in the industry won't be interested in the childish squables of  a few guys.

I do work in the industry, and I can tell you that while it's true that juniors generally don't complain when given shyte titles to work on (as they need all the breaks they can get), industry vets don't apply at companies who are synonymous with low quality. Some avoid admitting working on certain projects altogether...

www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,69075/

Thanks....   Star Wars Legos will not forever be tainted for me due to Nancy's association with it. 

She was just the VP of marketing for LEC, she wasn't actually involved in the making of anything.  She was just the head of the department in charge of putting a happy spin on whatever LEC did.  She was promoted after her efforts to put a positive spin on the NGE.  Considering she caused more backlash than sales, much like the NGE itself, I doubt he promotion had anything to do with those efforts.

• cabal001cabal001 Member Posts: 166

Originally posted by Asmiroth20

They aren't really helping their image by those pictures.  Even for a skeleton crew, I'm not impressed.

They are not designed to impress people, simply to give insight into the offices/studio. For aspiring game developers/animators/modelers - this is interesting.

to make sure nobody wants to work there?

arguing with a corporate fanboi is like teaching special education.
    even if you teach him something...at the end of the day he's still retarded.

• ThunderousThunderous Member Posts: 1,152

That is rather hilarious that the Smuggler Ideas are in the trash can in that picture...  So, so, so fitting.

Tecmo Bowl.

• Bob_BlawblawBob_Blawblaw Member Posts: 1,278

Originally posted by Obee

Originally posted by Valeran

Originally posted by Bob_Blawblaw

Originally posted by p920037

I'd be willing to bet that any aspiring game developers/animators/modelers know to stay far away from SOE if they want a decent job.

I am sure the realists interested in the industry won't be interested in the childish squables of  a few guys.

I do work in the industry, and I can tell you that while it's true that juniors generally don't complain when given shyte titles to work on (as they need all the breaks they can get), industry vets don't apply at companies who are synonymous with low quality. Some avoid admitting working on certain projects altogether...

www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,69075/

Thanks....   Star Wars Legos will not forever be tainted for me due to Nancy's association with it. 

She was just the VP of marketing for LEC, she wasn't actually involved in the making of anything.  She was just the head of the department in charge of putting a happy spin on whatever LEC did.  She was promoted after her efforts to put a positive spin on the NGE.  Considering she caused more backlash than sales, much like the NGE itself, I doubt he promotion had anything to do with those efforts.

While I can't speak for LucasArts directly, I happen to know that in many of the larger developers, it's the marketing folks who make many of these kinds of drastic design decisions. Why? Because these decisions are made around focus tests and market 'research'. Even then, in my experience, much of the research they gather is edited to back up speculative (ie: WoW is popular because there's so little reading involved)) data they dreamed up which would make them look like angels should the powers that be give them their buy-in and authorise the changes the marketing team suggest.

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

here you can find intresting info on what the developers are capable of , if they sitting before black monitors and play with action figurines or sleep at office :

http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/6/view/forums/thread/176490

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)