Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Friday Feature : Office Tour

You can check out some of the developers here;

starwarsgalaxies.station.sony.com/players/news_archive.vm

Account has been stolen, why would someone want to steal my account?

Comments

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

the  people  on  the pictures  of that link looking like being incapable of what they do, clueless and like  they  wanna try a new game trial  after school, see "Millbarge" and "Loche" pic.

One of them  "Jaskel" looks like sleeping at office.

Other  one "Millbarge" has small action figurines on his desk  and seem to play with them.

"Valara" don't work at all seems  get money for being absent all the time.

and "Deadmeat" sitting before black monitors

no comment on "Calcipher" , maybe she had some exit time from mental hospital.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• iwantmyswgiwantmyswg Member Posts: 301

Originally posted by DarthRaiden

the  people  on  the pictures  of that link looking like being incapable of what they do, clueless and like  they  wanna try a new game trial  after school, see "Millbarge" and "Loche" pic.

One of them  "Jaskel" looks like sleeping at office.
    Other  one "Millbarge" has small action figures on his desk  and seem to play with them.
    "Valara" don't work at all seems  get money for being absent all the time.
    and "Deadmeat" sitting before black monitors
    no comment on "Calcipher" , maybe she had some exit time from mental hospital.
    i wouldn't want to work with those people they all look like they spend too much time playing with toys then doing their job.

funny as when raph koster was running the game that's what $OE did worked on the game.

then again i bet many of the fanbois wish their job could be to sit around and play with toys.

• DessanoDessano Member Posts: 76

the guys on the pic looks very booring. Seems they are very boored from what tehy do, no wonder they are doing bad work.

• ObraikObraik Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 7,261
    Originally posted by Dessano

the guys on the pic looks very booring. Seems they are very boored from what tehy do, no wonder they are doing bad work.

They look to be smiling in the pics...

Originally posted by Obraik

...knowing about  still receive paycheck for doing boring bad work.

smart to a point ...

-We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• VolatileManVolatileMan Member Posts: 45

As a former Master Smuggler I found the picture with the 'smuggler ideas' in the trash can very ironic, or should I say Iconic.

Pathetic really

• Sam123jo0123Sam123jo0123 Member Posts: 409
    Originally posted by Obraik

Of-course, but you know what it's like - Twist and manipulate :)

• Asmiroth20Asmiroth20 Member Posts: 346

They aren't really helping their image by those pictures.  Even for a skeleton crew, I'm not impressed.

Originally posted by Asmiroth20

They aren't really helping their image by those pictures.  Even for a skeleton crew, I'm not impressed.

They are not designed to impress people, simply to give insight into the offices/studio. For aspiring game developers/animators/modelers - this is interesting.

• DracusDracus Member Posts: 1,449

Ok people, listen up. We're taking pictures today.  That's right, pretty smiles and please, please, please, be sure to display your Star Wars flare.

Whoever has the most Star Wars flare will enjoy a full weekend off.  Those without Star Wars flare won't have their picture taken.  And of course, m'yeah, come in for a full working weekend.

And that is why...

Conservatives' pessimism is conducive to their happiness in three ways. First, they are rarely surprised -- they are right more often than not about the course of events. Second, when they are wrong they are happy to be so. Third, because pessimistic conservatives put not their faith in princes -- government -- they accept that happiness is a function of fending for oneself. They believe that happiness is an activity -- it is inseparable from the pursuit of happiness.

Originally posted by Dracus

Ok people, listen up. We're taking pictures today.  That's right, pretty smiles and please, please, please, be sure to display your Star Wars flare.
    Whoever has the most Star Wars flare will enjoy a full weekend off.  Those without Star Wars flare won't have their picture taken.  And of course, m'yeah, come in for a full working weekend.

They would of course have to of asked permission to use the dev's photos on the net. They also probably ask them to smile, afterall it is a photo.

• SuvrocSuvroc Member Posts: 2,383

First picture I see is of Jar Jar - and that doesn't fill me with a lot of confidenece.

Originally posted by Suvroc

First picture I see is of Jar Jar - and that doesn't fill me with a lot of confidenece.
    If your self confidence is low there is a lot of things you can do,

http://www.mindtools.com/selfconf.html

A mere google search turned this up.

On topic - however.

Thanks for the responses, It's great to meet the dev team.

• TillerTiller Member LegendaryPosts: 11,167

Anyone notice the plate that says "Smuggler ideas" in the trash? I wonder if that's what SOE thinks of player ideas for the game hahahaha!

SWG Bloodfin vet
    Elder Jedi/Elder Bounty Hunter

Originally posted by Sam123jo0123

On topic - however.

Since you're having difficulty understanding let me be a little more clear for you. The first 2 pictures taken at that office are of 2 things that have no connection with  ANH - the time period in which this game is set in.

This should speak clearly to people that this game lacks continuity, therefore cheapening the experience one should expect from a Star Wars title.

Serioulsy, what's next? The Death Star didn't really blow up but just cloaked?

• ValeranValeran Member Posts: 925

On topic - however.

Since you're having difficulty understanding let me be a little more clear for you. The first 2 pictures taken at that office are of 2 things that have no connection with  ANH - the time period in which this game is set in.

This should speak clearly to people that this game lacks continuity, therefore cheapening the experience one should expect from a Star Wars title.

Stop giving them ideas.  

--------
    Ten Golden Rules Of Videogame Fanboyism

"SOE has probably united more gamers in hatred than Blizzard has subs"...daelnor

Originally posted by Valeran

On topic - however.

Stop giving them ideas.  

lol I was just thinking I should register that idea before they loot it from me :)

• ThunderousThunderous Member Posts: 1,152

Those guys must hate their job.  It's obvious they don't even play the game they design.

Tecmo Bowl.

• bstuartbstuart Member UncommonPosts: 135

Those guys must hate their job.  It's obvious they don't even play the game they design.

That’s because $WG’s dev team is SCE’s janitorial staff

They code Star Wars Galaxies in between cleaning the toilets

And buffing the floors

• p920037p920037 Member Posts: 24
    They are not designed to impress people, simply to give insight into the offices/studio. For aspiring game developers/animators/modelers - this is interesting.

I'd be willing to bet that any aspiring game developers/animators/modelers know to stay far away from SOE if they want a decent job.

Originally posted by p920037

I'd be willing to bet that any aspiring game developers/animators/modelers know to stay far away from SOE if they want a decent job.

I am sure the realists interested in the industry won't be interested in the childish squables of  a few guys.

• Bob_BlawblawBob_Blawblaw Member Posts: 1,278

I am sure the realists interested in the industry won't be interested in the childish squables of  a few guys.

I do work in the industry, and I can tell you that while it's true that juniors generally don't complain when given shyte titles to work on (as they need all the breaks they can get), industry vets don't apply at companies who are synonymous with low quality. Some avoid admitting working on certain projects altogether...

www.mobygames.com/developer/sheet/view/developerId,69075/

Originally posted by Bob_Blawblaw

I do work in the industry, and I can tell you that while it's true that juniors generally don't complain when given shyte titles to work on (as they need all the breaks they can get), industry vets don't apply at companies who are synonymous with low quality. Some avoid admitting working on certain projects altogether...

OMG illiteracy Nancy don't mention her masterpiece the  -"not much reading" - for dummies- NGE.

"deny to read" Nancy  is probably to blame for the whole NGE in first place !

omg how coward not to have her masterpiece listed in her vita  lol

good find and thx  good to know that  the queen of the written word is  ashamed about the current game at the end.

-i like it how small people with big mouth decide on where to navigate a ship and after it is sunk they bahave like "it wasn't me" , "i was never on that ship" --cowardly small people who don't care about drowning passenger/customers.---

• adammainadammain Member Posts: 35

Anyone else get a feeling of understanding when they looked at the whiteboard and it mainly consisted of a drawing of a Dragon drinking a soda, and a Pie graph depicting how othen they spend thier time "Rollen, Haten, and Ridin Dirty"?

• ValeranValeran Member Posts: 925

Originally posted by Bob_Blawblaw

Thanks....   Star Wars Legos will not forever be tainted for me due to Nancy's association with it. 

--------
    Ten Golden Rules Of Videogame Fanboyism

"SOE has probably united more gamers in hatred than Blizzard has subs"...daelnor