Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

A game that could and probably will beat WoWs numbers.

Grand theft auto IV – multiplayer. 

No it won't take anyone away from WoW (perhaps just a few).  And there is no additional monthly fee, but I'm guessing the number of people playing a month could beat WoWs numbers – but not long term

This doesn't really mean anything, just thought I would bring it up.  It's getting absolutely stellar reviews, it's a loved franchise and now has multiplayer.

This game is going to be huge.

If I had a point, it’s that I believe this will be to the consoles what WoW is to the PC. 

Comments

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726

Well, don't forget about APB.  Which is essentially a GTA MMO that is in the works and could be huge. 

Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

GTA IV isnt a MMO (Least thats my understanding).

IM not sure how we can compare the two

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,855

It needs to sell more than 10 million copies first.

Also, not everyone that buys GTA4 will interested in the online multiplayer. So it would need to sell between 15 million and 20 million copies to get 10 million playing online.

So, lets wait until then.

• RecantRecant Member UncommonPosts: 1,586

Oh yeah.  My guild cancelled raids this week because many people have said they would be playing GTAIV.  

I just hope they haven't made it too politically correct.

Still waiting for your Holy Grail MMORPG? Interesting...

• GreenChaosGreenChaos Member Posts: 2,268

Originally posted by Czzarre

GTA IV isnt a MMO (Least thats my understanding).
    IM not sure how we can compare the two

That's why I said "This doesn't really mean anything".  Just talking sh*t.  Bored at work.

• URMAKERURMAKER Member UncommonPosts: 671

I'm seriously thinking of grabbing a 360. i haven't played halo3 btw and the new gta is gonna be so awesome. i know i'd play the hell outta the single player mode as i have all the other gta titles but the multi-player mode i think its called "cops n crooks" or something similar sounds so awesome.

• TatumTatum Member Posts: 1,153

Does anyone know when theyre releasing for PC?  As good as this game probably is, theres still no way Im buying a 360 just for GTA...

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

Perhaps they will have more log-ins monthly (for at least a month or two).  But money wise, I highly doubt it.

• mgarcia85mgarcia85 Member Posts: 31

Got my copy on pre-order, yay tomorrow. Unfortunately this week is finals so it's like... study... but then I have GTA4... so it's like game! :O Talk about bad timing. Ah, and to the guy that said Halo 3.. beh that game sucks so much ass (to me!) Feels so crappy even the story sucked, after I beat the campaign I tried to play multi player but it was so damn boring. On the other hand Gears of War is sick as hell, though it's all buggy.

Halo 3 is great for those who enjoy it, I don't though, the graphics are like so shitty..

But anyways, yay for GTA tomorrow.

• xenogiasxenogias Member Posts: 1,926

I highly doubt it. Generally when you see so many promotions so close to the release of a game its because the game isnt going to be what its expectations are.  GTA's are fun for maybe a day or 2 to blow stuff up after that meh, childish game. I bet the new vanity magazine sells more coppies than GTA has in sells :P