Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

IGN open Beta client wont patch!

I downloaded the client two days ago from fileplanet. yet i am still getting a fatal error message everytime i try to patch the game. Is anyone else having this problem?

Comments

• wangkomwangkom Member Posts: 119

Open Beta hasnt begun yet, starts the 2nd may if im not wrong.

And yea, everyone else gets the fatal error aswell :)

• MaeEyeMaeEye Member UncommonPosts: 1,106

Originally posted by wangkom

Open Beta hasnt begun yet, starts the 2nd may if im not wrong.
    And yea, everyone else gets the fatal error aswell :)
    Starts the 1st of May.  Registration begins the 2nd of May (for like the free mount code etc..)

I think...lol

/played-mmorpgs

Total time played: 9125 Days, 21 Hours, 29 Minutes, 27 Seconds
    Time played this level: 39 Days, 1 Hour, 24 Minutes, 5 Seconds

• KcissemKcissem Member Posts: 276
    Originally posted by Ecstasy25

I downloaded the client two days ago from fileplanet. yet i am still getting a fatal error message everytime i try to patch the game. Is anyone else having this problem?

duh, ever think it's because open beta has not started so the servers are not live?

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,180

Originally posted by Kcissem

Originally posted by Ecstasy25

duh, ever think it's because open beta has not started so the servers are not live?

Patching working for me right now. 166 files updating, 181MB

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• sabbinasabbina Member Posts: 3

I have patched but  when i try to run the game just to see the login screen all i get is a black screen a pointer and music that cuts in and out

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

Everyone should be able to patch their client now. 

• millbromillbro Member Posts: 71

Mine keeps freezing while updating .. never gets done..

• SiyahSiyah Member Posts: 131

Client patched just fine... getting all the way to login screen, but obviously and sadly authentication server is not up yet.

Originally posted by sabbina

I have patched but  when i try to run the game just to see the login screen all i get is a black screen a pointer and music that cuts in and out

Happened to me...i restarted, pressed ALT+ENTER to get into windowed mode, that seemed to refresh the graphix and it all worked fine, even swtiching back to full screen, after that.

• Has anyone heard any hints about what time the servers go live?

• CharlizdCharlizd Member UncommonPosts: 923

0900 est from what i have been told :)

Andrew "Charlizd" Phippen | Lead World Builder | The Saga of Lucimia MMORPG

9am PST...it's on the fileplanet frontpage, just below the BIG AoC BETA Banner

• A.BlacklochA.Blackloch Member UncommonPosts: 842

Correct me if I'm wrong but is 09:00 EST same as 16:00 GMT+2 ?

Originally posted by Mortemia

Correct me if I'm wrong but is 09:00 EST same as 16:00 GMT+2 ?

http://wwp.greenwichmeantime.com/time-zone/usa/eastern-time/

• AbstruseAbstruse Member Posts: 22

If you are having trouble patching, disable spyware/virus protection.  You may also need to give firewall permission to ConanPatcher.exe.

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Originally posted by Abstruse

If you are having trouble patching, disable spyware/virus protection.

Do not disable spyware or virus protection for patching. Spyware and virus protection should both be kept on all the time, the only exception to this is when applying some patches to your operating system, or to the spyware/virus protection program itself.

Age of Conan is neither your operating system, nor your virus protection. Unless there is at least official statement telling that some virus/spyware program doesn't work correctly and thus needs to be disabled while patching, do not ever test if disabling antivirus program would get something to work

• GarfunkelGarfunkel Member UncommonPosts: 224
    Originally posted by sabbina

I had that until I updated to the latest Nvidie drivers now I'm fine. Can't log in yet but can watch the intro movie.

• njdevi66njdevi66 Member UncommonPosts: 216

I tried the alt+enter, and im still getting the black screen with music. Any thoughts?

• MaliviusMalivius Member Posts: 114

I tried the alt+enter, and im still getting the black screen with music. Any thoughts?

Here are a couple of things that I tried that might fix it.  Found them on the AoC forums.

First, check to make sure you don't have a CD/DVD in your drive.  For some reason this is resulting in black screen (w/ cursor) and music playing for some people.

The other option is to go into your Funcom/IGN Beta Event directory and find the .exe named SimpleConfig.  Under resource database, click verify/repair.

I did both of these simultaneously (removed CD while verifying) and mine worked like a charm afterwards.

BTW...very impressed with the CG Cinematic.  Can't wait!

-Mal

• apocalanceapocalance Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

Originally posted by millbro
    Mine keeps freezing while updating .. never gets done..

Mine was doing the same thing. I uninstalled and am installing again this morning. Unfortunately I had to leave for work, so I don't know if it's going to hang there again or not. Hopefully it will fully patch.

It seemed to just sit there (before) on "Patching resource database...".

so...