Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help me find my MMO! Please..

FierdonFierdon Member Posts: 65

So I have a long history of MMOs. Here's just a small list of the ones I've played (and roughly the time I played them for):

P2P(in no particular order):

Ultima Online - About 4-6 months.. I was young and didn't have the money to continue paying..

World of Warcraft - 2 years.. Just got boring, and i hated the fact that gear is what made you good, not skill.

Star Wars Galaxies - 4 months or so.. Pre-CU/NGE had to stop playing it because of funds.

Tabula Rasa - 2 months.. It got REAL boring very fast..

LoTRO - 3 months.. Lack of decent PvP and the small world compared to WoW drew me away..

City of Heroes/Villains - 4 months or so.. Got real repetitive and boring after a bit..

Auto Assault - 30 minutes.. Horrible game.. really..

Lineage 2 - 15 minutes.. Seriously, just didn't like it at all.. Characters ran funny too..

Guild Wars - 1 hour.. Instanced everything and I just didn't like it..

F2P(in no particular order):

Dream of Mirror Online - 1 month.. still playing, its fun.. but just lacks several things I want in an MMO.

Project Torque - 1 month.. still play it from time to time.. Id rather an open world  than a track only.

Maple Story - 5 minutes.. A friend made me try it.. I can only take beating snails for so long..

Perfect World - 1 week.. Still playing.. It just doesn't seem to live up to its hype in my opinion..

I'm sure I've forgotten some.. And some I'm just now trying.. But I can't seem to find an MMO that I can stick with.. If SWG were in Pre-NGE/CU I would play it hands down.. I want a game as close to SWG as I can get.. Mainly with its depth.. THe housing, the rides, the open world, the customization, the pvp.. Anyone have any suggestions?

Comments

• xephonicsxephonics Member UncommonPosts: 672

what lvl r u in PW?  It keeps getting better as you go, so do give it a try (plus it is open beta currently, so not all of the content has been brought to the english side)

As for other games you might wanna try EQ2 or anarchy Online (once the graphics engine is revamped)

My god has horns.... nah, I don't think he is real either.

• FierdonFierdon Member Posts: 65

I'm only like level 5 i think in PW, but it just seems too hack and slash.. I don't see how it could be any different from the rest of the F2P games..

I am keeping my eye open for when the graphics upgrade hits Anarchy Online.. But I've never tried EQ2..

lvl 5 is not really a good time to judge pw, maybe try going to lvl 20

ps if ur on delphi, tell me i could bring you in guild and help you see the good parts of it

eq2 is pretty fun, but the endgame content is basically just raid monsters, it can be fun or horrid depending on what you like

I can't honestly remember the server I'm on, but I can start a character up on Delphi. Which race?

I still cant decide on if I want to be a warrior or an archer.. I like being able to fly from start, but I've never been a big ranged fan.. Always a rogue-type or warrior-type..

And on a side note, they haven't added housing yet have they?

Originally posted by xephonics

lvl 5 is not really a good time to judge pw, maybe try going to lvl 20

ps if ur on delphi, tell me i could bring you in guild and help you see the good parts of it

eq2 is pretty fun, but the endgame content is basically just raid monsters, it can be fun or horrid depending on what you like
    Well, if endgame is just a grind for gear and the pvp is mainly just whoever outgears you wins.. Then I probably won't like it..

I never raided in WoW because I just didn't like the idea of running the same dungeon over and over again just for gear..

no housing is out in the chinese version, but not the maylay-engrish version

any race really, archers are definately fun, but wrs are not that bad either.  My main is a WB

just post ur ingame name here or pm it to me and ill try and look u up in game

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742