Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

even thou they say f2p

sidfusidfu Member Posts: 170

i admit i enjoyed the game some but nexon is to money grubbing to me so i dont play this anymore.

here are my reasons

1. everything including main story/shop selling has to be bought from item mall

2. once u get to lvl 18 the time to lvl praticaly doubles.

when u see most games thats f2p u think well u know its got a cash shop but u can enjoy 90% of the game without a cash shop items but not with mabogini. by time your charcter gets to age 18 u get 0ap by ageing also ur stats for lvling are low.

to do the story line quests u have to buy one of their cash shop servces for 30 days and its more expensive than most p2p games.( if i wanna have to spend 15$ a month to play a f2p game ill just go pay for conan)

the game is enjoyable but u have to spend to much just to get what other f2p games give out for free or for way less.

looking at the game now from beta to retail the population is slowly going down. currently not even half the number of people play as when it first went retail.

my advice try it out but if u plan to spend 0$ on it u out of luck just spend your money on conan and such.

Comments

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

You only need to buy the rebirth card every month or two.  As for the storyline, you don't have to do it, it's optional.  This game is much cheaper than p2p games, so stop crying.

• sidfusidfu Member Posts: 170
    Originally posted by mike470

You only need to buy the rebirth card every month or two.  As for the storyline, you don't have to do it, it's optional.  This game is much cheaper than p2p games, so stop crying.

your competely wrong.

• wong1628wong1628 Member Posts: 16

Ok, I haven't been keeping track of this scam they call a game, but what was said about the rebirth cards was right.  Now, I'm not sure about my accuracy of the costs, if one wants to play this game for all it's worth, but it is a lot. 

It costs, I think, $10 to be a premium member, a month.  Then there are rebirths, I think, $15 for each card. 

This rounds up to $25 a month, assuming one rebirths every month.  If twice every month, then $40, if thrice, then $55, and lastly, four a month, a whopping $70.

If I really want to burn a hole in my wallet, cause I have to much to spend, I'd have better outcomes just pouring sulfuric and hydrochloric acid on it, while it's in my pocket.

Also, it is not that hard to get back to lvl 18ish, after you rebirth, so it is more likely that people will want to rebirth more than once a month.

--------------------------------
    If it isn''t broken, fix it until it is.
    -A Techie''s Quote

• HamburglerHamburgler Member UncommonPosts: 8

You're only allowed to rebirth once every 3 weeks, and it costs 8 dollars; not 15.

As for everything else that is purely "extra"

8 dollars every 3 weeks is cheap if you ask me, and most people don't even rebirth that often

when a game is advertised as competely free u know there gonna be some cash shop items and such but atleast 65% of the game is accessible. yet with mabogini u can only access about 35% the game if u dont pay anything and the prices are still redicous on any scale if i wanted to pay hat much for a f2p game i would just save for a new comp for age of conan

• MetaniteMetanite Member Posts: 3

(It costs, I think, $10 to be a premium member, a month.  Then there are rebirths, I think, $15 for each card. 

This rounds up to $25 a month, assuming one rebirths every month.  If twice every month, then $40, if thrice, then $55, and lastly, four a month, a whopping $70.)

Ummm... First off, you only need a premium card to rebirth, so that is $10, and if you want to maximize on getting all possible AP then you won't end up rebirthing for for 15 weeks which is a little less then 4 months making the game only about $2.5 a month. (Note: this is based on the fact you still get atleast 1 AP until you reach the age of 25 and then you can rebirth, another reason you might want to wait until that time is because you can only rebirth 20 times) so... if you calculate that all out over the course of 6 years, you end up spending a whole $200... but that is for 6... years...

• AznChimpAznChimp Member Posts: 35
    AGREED!!! In fact im gonna say this to the developers of Mabinogi...

Dear developers of mabinogi.... FREE TO PLAY MY ASS YOU GUYS ARE LIARS!!!! EVEN THOUGH YOUR NEXON MAPLESTORY STILL BEATS YOU

AznChimp and his other self ShigideyDawg

Originally posted by Metanite

(It costs, I think, $10 to be a premium member, a month.  Then there are rebirths, I think, $15 for each card. 
    This rounds up to $25 a month, assuming one rebirths every month.  If twice every month, then $40, if thrice, then $55, and lastly, four a month, a whopping $70.)
    Ummm... First off, you only need a premium card to rebirth, so that is $10, and if you want to maximize on getting all possible AP then you won't end up rebirthing for for 15 weeks which is a little less then 4 months making the game only about $2.5 a month. (Note: this is based on the fact you still get atleast 1 AP until you reach the age of 25 and then you can rebirth, another reason you might want to wait until that time is because you can only rebirth 20 times) so... if you calculate that all out over the course of 6 years, you end up spending a whole $200... but that is for 6... years...

once u get to lvl 18 and do all the quests there not many quests left if u dont get a preium service all u do is grind games not worth to even rebirth once cause if u look at it there is no conent realy if u dont p2p it

Some people are more impatient than others when it comes to lvl and development of their characters.

Anyways, it is still very devilish of Nexon to say that this game is f2p, when really you *have* to pay to get the full experience.  However, I have played those games, and the full experience is only for the most hardcore of players, specializing in their current and favorite game.

I'm sure there are other games which people say that are f2p, but must pay for cash shop items, but this game just goes overboard, pretty much forcing players to p2p, if you look closely at the game play/system.

-A Techie''s Quote

• UtMoonUtMoon Member Posts: 99

It is sad when Devs have to trick people into playing their game by saying it is 'free', only to charge for key items later. Luckly, there are some games that truly do cost nothing to play to the max, ever. *points to his sig*

I changed my mind. PlaneShift is not worth the time.

• They are having like 20% off sale right now on the services, but even I don't think that's enough. I agree it's a bit expensive to get a full package, something only really needed by a crafter. A regular mage/fighter will be fine without full services and just a rebirth card here and there. But the price is too high for the rest, another 50%-75% drop and it might be a good deal.

• apocalanceapocalance Member UncommonPosts: 1,073

The game looks interesting enough to try, but this thread has convinced me to stay away. Thanks for the discussion.

so...

• squalleitorsqualleitor Member Posts: 16

Developers need a bit more "imaginations" to make people buy stuff in f2p games, i know thats their market but charging for essential items its kind of depressing...

• GishgeronGishgeron Member Posts: 1,287

Originally posted by squalleitor

Developers need a bit more "imaginations" to make people buy stuff in f2p games, i know thats their market but charging for essential items its kind of depressing...

Agreed, Flyff made tons of money off nothing more than cosmetic upgrades to your character from an item mall.  That, and the scrolls which protected items during upgrades past +3.  All of that game was open to players from the word GO...and they are making money.  I see no reason for actual CONTENT packages being paid for in F2P games.

Originally posted by apocalance

The game looks interesting enough to try, but this thread has convinced me to stay away. Thanks for the discussion.
    the game is interesting but they killingit with way they pricing apoc i would say try it but only pay ifu plan to be hard core
  • KamayaKamaya Member Posts: 2

Mabinogi is not that expensive. Anyways, its age 25 when you stop getting AP and that is like 15 weeks which is like 3-4 months. And you spend about $7 for 3-4 months. That is all you need, Everything else is just optional.

Yes you have to pay to set up a shop, but doesn't that remind you of Maplestory, (by the way, I think MS sucks, just my opinion). And it's not just setting up a shop, you get double the amount of inventory space with that service. Yes, Nexon is money grubbing, but so are many other companies in the world. I mean look at gPotato, they get like thousands of dollars each week.

Also, you can only pay $9.80 just for one of the services for 30 days. I think you are thinking of all of the services which is only $14.50 per 30 days.

• ragnarokekragnarokek Member Posts: 134

here's proof that nexon (the publisher of mabinogi) is some sort of a scam.

at the start of open beta, i happen to capture this screenshot from their faq section:

but then, like the works of harry potter, after a few days, they changed it to this:

you might say, hey thats still not bad, they only charge for customization and inventory slots, but noooooo, thats still a scam, you need rebirth to even advance in this game and if you want to play the storyline, you have to pay for that too. the game itself is not bad, its sort of like runescape in gameplay but the publisher's greed is another thing.

consider this as a warning to all!

• xoblivionxxxoblivionxx Member CommonPosts: 77
    Originally posted by sidfu

when a game is advertised as competely free u know there gonna be some cash shop items and such but atleast 65% of the game is accessible. yet with mabogini u can only access about 35% the game if u dont pay anything and the prices are still redicous on any scale if i wanted to pay hat much for a f2p game i would just save for a new comp for age of conan

I agree with the first part.

• IshanzIshanz Member Posts: 1

I thought this game was great until i found out u need to pay in order to get the storyline. Of course some people say the storyline is annoying or it takes a long time but once you play for a week without paying u get really bored because the only thing to do is collecting quests and fighting quests with no fun(they get to be annoying) and there are alot of botters and spammers(it is really ridiculous once u see it)I thought the cash shop was for special equipments and special pets(normal pets are also in the cash shop) maybe a few special features(like special revival or extra storage) but it ended up being the whole point of the game in the cash shop.

• ZartyzzoZartyzzo Member Posts: 17

Get used to it if you play asian games.

• xoblivionxxxoblivionxx Member CommonPosts: 77
    Originally posted by Zartyzzo

Get used to it if you play asian games.

thats why i don't play asian games

• MylonMylon Member Posts: 975

So how is the storyline tied to the cash shop? I have no idea how to get started on the story in this game.

• dwarflordkingdwarflordking Member Posts: 265

i loved the combat - something u never seen in an mmo to my knowledge

the anime look is awesome...

but they ruined it by being greedy

theres nothing really in the cash shops but a front for subscriptions

i thought cash shops are suppose to be dirt cheap...

guess ill keep waiting till another mmo with good combat+anime comes out... which is never

does anyone know of one?

• zerathoszerathos Member Posts: 11

I agree with most of those that are against the way the system is set up. Mabinogi is only partly f2p.

Mabinogi is the type of the game that one can specialize in almost anything. Every time you need to level up a skill you need AP, and the only way to get AP is to level up, aging, quest. So when one person get to 25 years (3 years = 1 month), one cannot get AP when you level up. So one should "Rebirth."

The system is nice in a way that one can almost try, magic abilities and combat skills using only one character, however, you need to pay around $10 or 8$ (premium or basic character) everytime you want to rebirth (only once every 3 weeks).

Also the game is divided into Generations. Every generation is like part of the game. Right now, they are on Generation 3 for US and I think Generation 7 for Korea. And to be able to get into the "mainstream" one must pay about $10 per month. If you dont pay for one of the service, then you cannot get the quest for mainstream.

The game, I think, its awesome. The combot system is nice and challenging. It is not the type of games that is just an easy game, the combot system need practice. The customization is great. Its hard to see people looking the same. Bot is always a problem when game uses nProtect GameGuard because its to well know and easy to hack. Therefore, to many bot and gold spammer.

I think I will stop playing the game, without mainstream; farming gold and leveling is not that fun and it get boring.

Btw, the job system is very nice and useful.

To conclude, there is good and bad things about this game. And REMEMBER, "you get what you pay for."

-A Techie''s Quote