Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Alchemy goes pass 300

erikk3189erikk3189 Member Posts: 306

Hey,

Currently, I'm a level 300/300 Alchemist which means I can make many potions.  Up on Ironforge I checked with the trainer and there were 3 potions I didn't have because I hadn't trained on them. So I had them taught to me. Now all the potions from the trainer in Ironforge which reach 300 I already have.

But I thought 300/300 was the limit, the highest level on Alchemy. But it seems its higher. On the Auction House I see several potions which I can't make which happen to be higher then the ones I can make.

Now I know you can find or loot  books or scripts or formulas teaching you potions as well as other things. But you still need training in order to learn these skills which are higher then what I am at the moment.  For instance: in the auction house they have these formulas but it says I need level 345 to learn them so where can I go learn the next step pass 300 on Alchemy?

Once again many thanks for any help provided

Comments

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

You need the expansion for anything past 300/300

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    And after you have bought the expansion, you can find info on who trains you higher rank alchemy from wowdb.com

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

good site for tradeskill recipe info

wow.crafterstome.com/recipes/alchemy.html

• Pappy13Pappy13 Member Posts: 2,138

All the professions and secondary skills (cooking, fishing, first aid) were bumped to a max of 375 with the expansion.

• erikk3189erikk3189 Member Posts: 306

OK, thanks alot guys.

I managed to go to Outland and once in the fort, its called hells-something I accidentedly went to a trainer inside one of the towers. I trained in a few of the skills. But damn if they're expensive, 5 vials cost 2 gold. I hope you can make good money cause judging by the prices you going to need it.

But unlike before when you begin to make new potions on the new skills you just trained on, you don't see yourself going up in points like you did before and like you do now in any profession back on Ironforge. 

Also, I saw the next potion I can train on was just 5 points away, at 305. So Im at 300, I make 5 potions and when I go back to the trainer to check I couldnt train on the 305 potion. So I make 2 more and I still couldnt train. Back then I would of been at level 307 by then.

So is it diffrent now?

Thanks again

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888
    Are you really sure that you haven't bought your account from someone?

First, check you that you have trained the skill so that you can get skill ups (if it's 300/300, you can't get skill ups but need to train new rank, so that the skill becomes 300/375).

Second, what skill does the potion you are making require. You get skill ups only from potions that require skill near your skill level (shown as orange, yellow, or green on the crafting window), if it's gray your skill won't go up. And even if it's yellow/green your skill won't always go up.

Originally posted by Vrika

First, check you that you have trained the skill so that you can get skill ups (if it's 300/300, you can't get skill ups but need to train new rank, so that the skill becomes 300/375).

Second, what skill does the potion you are making require. You get skill ups only from potions that require skill near your skill level (shown as orange, yellow, or green on the crafting window), if it's gray your skill won't go up. And even if it's yellow/green your skill won't always go up.
    No. I haven't been to woW in 3 long years and in that time I've forgotten a few things although as I spend more time I'm begining to pick up where I left off.  Plus, they've added a lot of new content in the LC.

What I'm inquiring about in the alchemy field is part of the new content. I am a 300/300 alchemist as I've stated before. Now, I don't know if the same thing is happening in other professions once you hit 300 at the LC. But unlike before, now when you try to level up (in my case, making the new potions I just got and trained on in LC,) the numbers don't go up like they did before.

One of the new potions I trained on is at 300, some potion take takes out curses and poisons I believe. I can't recall the name of it. After getting the expensive vials I managed to get the herbs to make it. The potion was shown as being orange which as you know gives you a point per item made. I made 6 potions and it still remained orange but once I finished I was still 300/300. It didn't go up like it usually does.

In this situation after making 6 of the new potions I should of been at 306 with the chance to be able to train at another new potion listed in the 305 level.  But I wasn't able to.

Anyway, I appreciate your time and responses.

Thank You

Originally posted by Vrika

I just realized what you said about getting the new rank.  The trainer I went to trained me in 3 new potions at level 300.  And I saw a list of about another 12-15 potions, all red to me of course since they're higher then 300.

Now, I'm thinking the reason I haven't gone up is I need to train in a new rank.  It didn't say anything about me needing a new rank.  Gee, I'm slow. Just trying to shake off the rust from my long layoff.

But where can I get a trainer for a new rank and how can I get there?

I owe you one, Vrika.

Thanks a lot, guy.

• MehjrianMehjrian Member Posts: 127

Hmm sounds like you only trained the actual recipes for your skill level, and didn't train in becoming  a master alchemist (or whatever the title is), to increase your skill to 375. Talk to the guy in Honor Hold again in Hellfire Peninsula, and see if you can train in the next "title" of alchemy. If you can't, you may have to trek it to Shattrath, but I am pretty sure the trainer in Honor Hold will teach you..

• Pappy13Pappy13 Member Posts: 2,138

All of the professions/secondary skills had the skill cap raised to 375, but you must be lvl 300 already  and you must find the Master trainer for the profession/secondary skill and have them train you to become a master.

Find the Master Alchemist in Honor Hold in Hellfire Penninsula (where you are now).  I think he's in the Inn, but I'm not certain about that.  He'll teach you to become a Master Alchemist which will raise your possible skill level in Alchemy to 375.  Once you do that try again and you will level up. 

Just wanted to thank you guys for your help.

It was right in front of me all along, I just didn't see it.  But now it's ok as I've traioned in rank so now I can proceed along. It's what happens at times when you've been gone a long time.

Thanks again