Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Cabal (US) Review

Rebn77Rebn77 Member Posts: 321

Ok, so I finally feel comfortable reviewing the game. I've been at it for a bit now and recently hit level 45.

The game looks and feels exciting. The graphics are fairly nice, and the environments are pleasing to look at. The game music is pretty good at first, but becomes stale and semi annoying after hearing the same tracks over and over again. The skills are all shiny and fun to use. The skill system seems rather interesting, just make sure you know what your doing before you start spending your skill points.

You will get bombarded from the start with RMT spam that's never ending. I had to turn chat off.

As you progress in the game it slowly becomes apparent just how grindy it is. At first the questing is fun, then you get a "Go kill these things for 20 of this item", and it takes 200 mob kills to score the 20 items you need. And it just gets worse from there. I've played my share of grindy games (Lineage 2, Sword of the New World, etc.) and this one isn't any better in that department.

The cash shop is WAY overpriced compared to other cash shop games. For example, the "Permanent Astral Board" runs you 700 astros ... 1000 astros = $50 USD.

Overall it isn't a bad game as long as you can handle the grind, the botters, the RMTers, and forking over your kidney for cash shop items.

Comments

• crunchyblackcrunchyblack Member Posts: 1,362

I agree, best f2p from levels 1-95.

after level 95 the came changes completely.

gone are decent drops, your ability to fight multiple mobs, or even a sigle mob unless in a party. but you get nation pvp.....

i recently quit just because of the bore of grinding on mobs that kill you in 2-3hits, never getting a useable drop, and then having to grind on the lv50 map (yes grind the lv50 map levels 95+) just to make enough money selling crap drops so i can pot myself for the level 95+ maps.

i had great hope for cabal but it turns out to be like ever other f2p after lv95

although the pvp is great, getting up to a competative level is a nightmare, and forget being able to max your sword and magic skills (a MUST to pvp) without paying out the ass for premium.

so in conclusion...one of the greatest games ive played untill lv95, after that, you either love it or hate it.

• VehuelVehuel Member Posts: 112

Originally posted by crunchyblack

I agree, best f2p from levels 1-95.
    after level 95 the came changes completely.
    gone are decent drops, your ability to fight multiple mobs, or even a sigle mob unless in a party. but you get nation pvp.....
    i recently quit just because of the bore of grinding on mobs that kill you in 2-3hits, never getting a useable drop, and then having to grind on the lv50 map (yes grind the lv50 map levels 95+) just to make enough money selling crap drops so i can pot myself for the level 95+ maps.
    i had great hope for cabal but it turns out to be like ever other f2p after lv95
    although the pvp is great, getting up to a competative level is a nightmare, and forget being able to max your sword and magic skills (a MUST to pvp) without paying out the ass for premium.
    so in conclusion...one of the greatest games ive played untill lv95, after that, you either love it or hate it.
    I totally agree with the 2nd to the last paragraph. All newbies should understand it before committing to Cabal Online or they may be utterly upset with the huge amount of time spent on the game.

Currently Playing: 3ds Max 2009
    Played and Loved: World of Warcraft, EVE Online, Warhammer Online
    Best F2P MMO: Requiem Bloodymare
    Want to Play: Aion (See Teaser), DCuniverseOnline (awesome gameplay videos)

• daffasdaffas Member Posts: 56

About the music that you get in game it does get really boring hearing the same tracks, but you can also add your own songs.