Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

i need your views about second life!he

ismaisma Member Posts: 13

Hi everyone

My name is isma and i live in mauritius which is a small exotic island in the indian ocean.

All of you people seem to be active users of second life!Can you give me your views about it?is it worth start using?

Comments

• joe2008joe2008 Member Posts: 11

second lif is cool. Wana escape the pressures of a tough D at work…go into second life and have some wild kinda fun, meet other people…heck u can do ANYTHNG

• ismaisma Member Posts: 13

Thank you so much for your reply joe! Hope you will be able to tell me more about second life! I have never used it myself…Do I have to be an Internet freak or some expert in the IT field to be able to use it? I am just wondering whether I possess the specific skills needed to be allowed into this virtual community…

When loggd in, ther were a few tests that I had to complete, sort of lik a walk thru or beginner’s guide tutorial, which taught me how to move around, how to fly, and all that!! So you do get the chance to learn all the tricks. Just jump into itJ

You seem to love the place! I heard that second life prides itself with more than 13 million users. What do you think makes second life so popular?

To be able to socialize, own a house that you may never own in real life, change ur appearance anyway u want, steal candy from a sleeping baby without feeling guiltyJ,gamble, attend job interviews and conferences, …not that I would be interested in those!!

Sounds wicked! So when and how can I start using this?

Just go to www.secondlife.com, download the application and create an account (it's free)! Will be meeting up with ya there…

After all you have said about second life joe, my friend Archana and I are dying to try it out! so which place in second Life would you say is most suitable for a newcomer?

I first started out in the Shelter where there were other newcomers like myself. I was kinda confused the first time but everyone was willing to help. no complaints  

• GayiaGayia Member Posts: 89

LOL this whole conversation sounds like a lame attempt at advertising. Need to work on it though its worse than watching an infomercial.

Don’t tell me there is no cloud in that blue sky though! Have you ever had any bad experiences in second life?

• mrdoublerrmrdoublerr Member Posts: 269

holy shit, I cant stop laughing!

best thread ever

hmmm...advertising not my field gayia

Yeah!I have been bannd from my favorit nightclub!Hell, what wrong with going wild in a virtual space? Let me undress anywhere I want! it was just to fool around anyway!

• GayiaGayia Member Posts: 89
    Originally posted by mrdoublerr

holy shit, I cant stop laughing!
    best thread ever

LOl agreed

Hi gayia, this may seem like advertising but its not!Its true that second life life does interest me..however  your views are most welcome!so do you also think that second life is worth using?

And joe…You must have been shattered to be bannedJ So how were you prevented from entering the nightclub again?

That’s an understatement! Crushd, depressd petrified, u name it!JThere was that huge RED square around the place which would let me get closer!These rules suck.

At least you had a good laugh there gayia!I guessed you are disppointed this is not advertising afterall!

Some people say that everything in Second Life takes forever to load. Have you ever had that problem?how about you joe?

I used to have loading lag but my Internet connection is pretty good now so I don’t have that problem anymore.

So joe...I heard there are loads of weirdos in Second life. There has been ongoing discussion about this in this forum itself. Personally do you think a 14-year old can wander about leisurely in it?by the way, thanks a lot for answering my questions...this is helping!!i hope i won't be pushing my luck too far by asking u a few more questions

Well, I would not let my 14-year old sister near it especially if m zoning out on som dancefloor.Guess that depends on who ya know in Second Life. If you don’t know many people its boring and if u know too many, then better be more selective!When u really into this thingy, u learn to distinguish the crappy lot from the good ones. U just develop the eye for it.

Who are these mysterious figures known as Lindens? I have stumbled upon these names quite often when I visited the second life website!

'Linden' is the surname of the employees of Linden Labs, the creators and hosts of second life. They are often criticized for each and everythg that goes wrong in it.

Do you think that this virtual community space can indeed be a second Life to people as the name seems to suggest?Is it like YOUR second life?lol