Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No friendly fire but how will borderlandsgroups fight eachother if there is members from the same gu

virtuellavirtuella Member UncommonPosts: 699

How will this be handled,because i'm sure a lot of guildmembers will head to the borderlands and end up in a PUG and sooner or later clash into a group where there is a guildbuddy in the enemygroup.

How will this turn out?

What if it's a full group of guildmembers that attack your group.Are you the only man standing because your guildbuddies can't attack you?

Will you get PvP experience for your guildmembers killed by your group?

Can you use PUG's like this to spy and to lure your PUG into a trap?

I can see a lot of potential for abusement or griefing.

Comments

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

You're assuming the there won't be any raid groups. Why? (Oh, I've been re-reading what you say and I just realised that you're talking about PvE servers and border kingdom PvP, not Keep sieging).

Why would you attack your guild buddies?

What exactly are you supposed to be doing in a hostile group in the first place?

I can't picture the game you're basing your concerns on.

• virtuellavirtuella Member UncommonPosts: 699

Originally posted by Xasapis

You're assuming the there won't be any raid groups. Why? (Oh, I've been re-reading what you say and I just realised that you're talking about PvE servers and border kingdom PvP, not Keep sieging).
    What exactly are you supposed to be doing in a hostile group in the first place?
    If you're playing on a PvE server it's not all your guildies who like to PvP at all times incl myself,so sometimes a few people just head to the borderlands to PvP.

Then later more people head to the borderlands for some PvP action and suddenly you end up facing your other guildies in another group.

Just wondered how that will turn out.

• VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908

Personally, I would leave my PUG and join my guild group... If this wasnt possible, I would leave the fight entirely.

Nothing else makes sense to me.

• alakramalakram Member UncommonPosts: 2,301

Originally posted by virtuella

Originally posted by Xasapis

If you're playing on a PvE server it's not all your guildies who like to PvP at all times incl myself,so sometimes a few people just head to the borderlands to PvP.

Then later more people head to the borderlands for some PvP action and suddenly you end up facing your other guildies in another group.

Just wondered how that will turn out.

I canfigure out 3 posibilities:

1- you can leave this group and join the one with your guildies.

2- both group can agree to not attack each other

3- you can become the first guildiekiller

• FischerBlackFischerBlack Member Posts: 573

I think what the OP means is the ability for individuals to be hired as mercs to either attack or defend a keep (also i assume this can be done for contested harvesting areas aswell). It is conceivable that people from the same guild may be hired by opposing forces. Perhaps there were will be some kind of lock put in that once a guild name has been hired by another guild other guildies cannot join the opposing force? Or perhaps you temporarily became a member of the guild that has hired you and can kill your guildmates on the opposing side during the battle? Just my guesses tho, haven't heard any officla work yet - its a good question

• MavkielMavkiel Member Posts: 46

If you are hired to do a job/group etc you should do your bloody job. If it happened to me I'd  do my damndest to off my guildie. Afterwards I'd give him a beer to cry in with my nice cloak

Honestly , I think anyone who leaves their group in a serious lurch is going to get some bad word of mouth. Imagine it from the otherside, you just get to the pvp area and in middle of your fight the priest disbands.. how pissed off would you be?