Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need help before I get pissed and quit

McwallenMcwallen Member UncommonPosts: 70

Okay, so where do level 8's go to train? I have traveled across the entire starter island for Starkholm and all Im finding is those freaking ice spiders who give me 168 xp and I need 25619.  I read a "guide" that said go west of Straefehl or Valkhyre and find a camp of R0 and R1. First, I have no idea what R0 or R1 means and when I go west of those towns there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!  So much for a great noob guide, this was absolutely and totally unhelpful. This is really pissing me off cuz there is NOTHING I CAN DO to even level up. And if this is how the game is going to be then i quit right now cuz this is pointless. I thought I liked this game but if I cant reach lvl 10 in a Month, then this is pointless and needs serious reworking.

Comments

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657

I always found good level opponents by wandering around aimlessly as opposed to following a guide.

"I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • TrivenTriven Member Posts: 1

Bud, you need to hit 'm' to open your map. On the map you'll see icons, mostly in the shapes of monster's faces, in white. Mouse over them for info about them. Those white icons are 'zones' and in those zones are 'camps' of mobs.

Go kill them, they are dumb and weak.

just walk your little arrow on the map (you should look for a red arrow and that's YOU) into the zone area and you'll see das mobs.

• Seen_JusticeSeen_Justice Member Posts: 102

If you want my advice for shadowbane: Get pissed and quit now to move on with your life. I can think of just about a million things to do rather then playing this horrible griefing game...

Creativity : The ability to transcend traditional ideas, rules, patterns, relationships, or the like, and to create meaningful new ideas, forms, methods or interpretations; using originality, progressiveness, or imagination.

• Munkyman1Munkyman1 Member Posts: 221

hehe waht knd of pissed u mean?  lol give up on the old gen games, and move on to the new.  AoC, WoW, WAR, AION move on, shadowbane was a nice distraction but even a server whipe wont fix the game.  Enjoy the opinion im sure you wont want to hear it, but its true.  Enjoy the game while u can, new gen's will detroy it.  Peace

• McwallenMcwallen Member UncommonPosts: 70

To those that gave me advice, thanks. To those who said to try a new game..... well I already have and for one thing WoW sucks and for a second thing, this game is free. Im looking for a good free MMO, and shadowbane happens to be the best one Ive found in awhile.

• McwallenMcwallen Member UncommonPosts: 70

I owe you all a big thanks actually, cuz I went to the camp you mentioned and reached lvl 10 (2 level ups) in less than 10 minutes and I am now happily a Crusader

thanks a lot, and this game is worth it. Better than WoW at least. I mean this game is really old yet there is always people around. Pretty good compared to some other MMOs

• ValkanisarValkanisar Member UncommonPosts: 494

i have been playing this on and off for years now since beta and i do find it the best free game out there. i also find it alot better then wow as well. at least this game i can go back to and have fun. pvp in this game is great and i dont even care about getting camped or ganked as its all part of it. fun times for sure.

• Player_420Player_420 Member Posts: 686

Originally posted by Seen_Justice

If you want my advice for shadowbane: Get pissed and quit now to move on with your life. I can think of just about a million things to do rather then playing this horrible griefing game...
    why are you on the Shadowbane fourms? and why do you care enough to post?

Cry some more, I hope I slay your chars in either AoC, Warhammer, Aion....Guild Wars? Whatever game you choose.

I play all ghame

• Player_420Player_420 Member Posts: 686

lol Seen_Justice is gunna make a game apparently! ROFL

I play all ghame

• ryotianryotian Member Posts: 138

what they say is so true the tears of carebears outnumber us warriors 10 to 1

• throckmortonthrockmorton Member Posts: 314

Terrible griefing game?

This game has some issues with bugs/exploits/hacks/lag, but griefing is not one of them.

Griefing is part of the game though, so if you can't handle it, don't play.