Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Could someone please explain to me...

TussTuss Member Posts: 103

Why runescape completely crashed and burned when they took out the wilderness. I've been wondering this for a bit, and I hoped that you (the pk loving public) could tell me why pking was such an important part of runescape. Please don't say "because it was fun" because I'm sure it was for those who did pk. I wasn't one of the ones who did, so I can't relate, which explains why I'm asking this.  

I lost all my dignity a long time ago.

Comments

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

Originally posted by Tuss

Why runescape completely crashed and burned when they took out the wilderness. I've been wondering this for a bit, and I hoped that you (the pk loving public) could tell me why pking was such an important part of runescape. Please don't say "because it was fun" because I'm sure it was for those who did pk. I wasn't one of the ones who did, so I can't relate, which explains why I'm asking this.  
    The true answer is "because it was fun".  That's why people do things.  But it was also different.  It was the way the wilderness was designed.  If you wanted to PK single, than you would go to Edgeville.  If you wanted to get with a small group of friends, go to vorrok wildy, so you could team on an unsuspecting victim.  It required team work, and a slight amount of skill....If you wanted to pk with a huge group of people, around all levels, then you could go up to the higher levels of the wilderness and wonder around there.  People could get in huge clan wars...Ahh yes, they were the days.

Now, bounty hunter was a disgrace.  (I'll go over multi first).   The multiplayer bounty hunter was a freakin' joke.  It took no skill.  People just had to get in the biggest group they could find, and then defeat people wandering alone or in small groups.  There was no friends involved.  It was all about joining the largest group of people, and then praying that they would let you join their group.  If you planned on pking with a small group of friends, well then you were screwed.  Also, bounty hunter is only enabled in 5 worlds.  This means that each one is incerdibly packed with players, so if you wanted to go pking with a small group, you will surely die.

Bount hunter (single)-  It's a joke.  Simply put.

Clan Wars is absolutely pointless.

The point is, Jagex took out the one part of the game that many people enjoyed it for.  Also, the PvP now (FOG and bh) are both pathetic.  They are perfect examples of how Jagex cannot handle making a big update, because they clearly don't think ahead.  They just make an update, and they just hope people stickm around.  There is no planning.  They do not think of the possible outcomes.  They do it, and forget it.  Like when they made the update a while back...Bounty hunter is a joke, and they know it.  And with FOG, its just playign hide and seek with some rock, and people don't even get grouped with their levels.

There is now no rewards for pking.  You get little tokens and buy a bunch of junk, woopdy doo.  You go in the duel arena, but don't worry, you can still stake 3k!!! 

The only thing more pathetic than RuneScape is Jagex.

• TussTuss Member Posts: 103

You didn't fully answer the question. I asked why runescape died when thye took out the wilderness, not your opinion on the subject.

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396
    Originally posted by Tuss

You didn't fully answer the question. I asked why runescape died when thye took out the wilderness, not your opinion on the subject.

You know what, my opinion is the answer.  Cause some people say that the game was made better by this update.  Some people agree with it.  Your answer to the question was an opinion, since RuneScape did not die.  They still have one million members, and that won't change for a while.

• TussTuss Member Posts: 103

Thanks for that clarification, mike. Now I know why everybody is upset with the lack of good pking. But you don't have to be so negative about it...