Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Money- messed up economy.

DuilyonDuilyon Member Posts: 326

How the hell do I buy anything in this inflated economy? level 5 weapons going for 4k gil? How can I even afford this? I am only level 8!!!!!

How do epople get weapons in this game? I can't afford new armor or anything!!!

Comments

• AnodyneAnodyne Member Posts: 36

Sell crystals and loot everything you kill. Soon enough you'll make money to get decent gear at low levels. Another way is to befriend a higher level player and usually they are nice enough to let you borrow or even buy you the gear. I have found that almost everyone that plays this game has a good heart when it comes to helping the little guy out.

Like I said, the best way is to sell crystals on the Auction House (AH).

• Katashi-kunKatashi-kun Member Posts: 517

...and FYI thats not an inflated price...that fairly normal now!  Square has been combating the Gil sellers for awhile and the prices are at an all time low.  Those same weapons just a yr ago were up around 10-20k gil.

You also shouldn't be buying anything from the AH yet...just sell your drops in stacks...don't sell them to an NPC...just about every item that mobs drop have a use by someone!  Go buy your gear from the NPC shops for now until later on.

Kemih ~ 13 Red Mage | Currently playing FFXI & LOTRO, awaiting Warhammer Online & Aion...

• PhilssPhilss Member Posts: 433

I feel your pain , im a new player myself and struggling to get some gil most income come from selling crystal off AH n selling to vendor when i get to many . If you started in a the good citys you should have the gear fro your class from vendor for pretty cheap . hope that help!

• BlazeyerBlazeyer Member UncommonPosts: 562
    Originally posted by Katashi-kun

...and FYI thats not an inflated price...that fairly normal now!  Square has been combating the Gil sellers for awhile and the prices are at an all time low.  Those same weapons just a yr ago were up around 10-20k gil.
    Isn't it funny what most new players consider inflation we older players consider it more of a recession.

You also shouldn't be buying anything from the AH yet...just sell your drops in stacks...don't sell them to an NPC...just about every item that mobs drop have a use by someone!  Go buy your gear from the NPC shops for now until later on.
    I disagree, don't buy any armor from NPC shops as they are usually very expensive compared to there same AH counterparts. But don't buy equipment from the starting city AH's, as they are usually more expensive than in  Jeuno-Whitegate.

• DemonTaoistDemonTaoist Member Posts: 23

lol I have like 15 million sitting on my suspended account.

Used to be 30 million.

They took a lot of gil out, but a lot of the money from the inflated times is still there with the older players.

• k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048

Yeah prices are really really low now. I remember when a hauby cost around 12mil now I just bought one for 200k the the other day. The bad thing I have a sword I payed 1.3mil for and now ill be lucky if i can get 130k out of it. Prices are lowering by the day. Stuff I put up for sale one day at 100k are selling for 85k two days later. Its getting crazy the only way you can sell a lot of your loot is to undercut the prices by a lot and that just aint cool. Though I do like it when im buying stuff.

• SailorCallieSailorCallie Member UncommonPosts: 54

I'd rather earn Gil the old-fashioned way:

• Completing quests
    • Selling unwanted items
    • Auctioning off items at the AH

I wouldn't even DARE try to earn Gil in exchange for real-life money, or else my account would be banned and/or deleted.

• lilfoolilfoo Member Posts: 38

This is the current chart of all time # of gil in the economy since FFXIAH started recording it. Deflation has for the most part stoped and the game is at a balance it was 4 years ago (before the IGE gil blow out sale at the low low price of $4 mil which distroyied the economy in about 3 days.) Atm be happy. it is not too hard to get money as a lowbie but you have stable prices to work with.

• maltosmaltos Member Posts: 94

aye prices are at an all-time low.  Gil-sellers raised prices so high, and then practically  over night prices plummeted after the first wave.  Shame its so bad now. lol its mirroring the U.S. economy! hehe

-Maltos-

• k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048

Yeah except for people are not enjoying the recession in the US economy. I on the other hand am loving all these low prices for stuff on the AH. Yeah the stuff I farm is worth a lot less then it used to be and the time it took to make a mil takes the same amount of time to make 100k. The great thing for me is what used to cost 8 mil costs 200k so im making enough gil for stuff in 1/4 of the time it used to take. So im really happy now. On top of that I'm thinking of adding gardening into my gil making schemes. Hopefully that will double my profits over time of course depending on what I decide to garden and how that all works out.