Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AGE of CONAN...Best MMORPG game to date!!!!

Comments

• fantarosfantaros Member Posts: 394

AoC also cures cancer nad in some rare cases arthritis!!!!!!11111eleven!!!!

true story. Discuss

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

Bitter, aren't we?

There are two games out there that may actually get released. You may want to check them out instead of coming on the AoC boards and sound so bitter.

• ArckenArcken Member Posts: 2,431
    Originally posted by fantaros

AoC also cures cancer nad in some rare cases arthritis!!!!!!11111eleven!!!!

true story. Discuss

Its true, AoC saved my marriage, paid my mortgage AND helped me regrow hair! No wonder Avery likes this game so much!

• DragonOakDragonOak Member Posts: 322

I really believe that on these forums when there is this much hate posting it translates into the game is freaking awesome, I am sure I will buy after I get my new system.

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371

/sigh

• allennc55allennc55 Member Posts: 28

I havnt had a chance to play any betas on this game iv got a key i gave away.. simply because i didnt have the time.. so im hopeful its gonna be awesome. iv been looking for a mmorpg to fillt he gap thats been missing in my gaming world since i left SWG years ago! so im optimistic

• IllyrianIllyrian Member Posts: 300

Originally posted by DragonOak

I really believe that on these forums when there is this much hate posting it translates into the game is freaking awesome, I am sure I will buy after I get my new system.

Currently the "hate" post is every post that doesn't state in advance that the game will be great.

By reverse logic there are also so many fanboi posts that the game should transalte in complete and utter garbage.

I beleive it will be decent, possibly worse, but not much more then that.

Originally posted by Illyrian

Currently the "hate" post is every post that doesn't state in advance that the game will be great.

No not every post, but most are the "dis gamerz sukkcerz asserz" comments, when in reality this community seems to be a breeding ground for hating any MMORPG that comes out, except for the few that play one game and say it "rockcerz!!".  Take a moment and read thru the commentary and see how many hate vs fanboi comments in this thread alone, you actually may have a moment of epiphany.

By reverse logic there are also so many fanboi posts that the game should transalte in complete and utter garbage.

Actually that would be nice if that logic worked, and most people would.  But here is the problem, generally most gamers are the instant gratification, has to be their way, whiniest, cry baby, if I can't gank it suckcerz crowd.  Meaning most of the have an ideal game in their head, most likely based on a game 5+ years old, and if any game is not exactely like that it "suckcerz".  The most basic and easiest resolution is to go back and play that dream game, because nothing will ever be exactly what they want.

To each their own, not everyone will like every game out there.  But assume what you want, no one will know for sure until they try it.  But again when the ADHD, ADD, OCD crowd screams it sucks, I have always found it is better than most.

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860

Originally posted by ProfRed

Just a heads up Aion is not going to be another Lineage.  It's a complete WoW clone mixed with some Lineage features and wings.  The UI, the gameplay, the questing, and everything is a complete WoW ripoff.  Check the forum for Korean beta information since there is no American NDA yet...

Sorry, but aren't you exaggerating quite a bit? The interface (the modified one, not the default) you saw looks similar to wow's in organization, its graphicaly way better tho, and from that you got it's a ripoff? How are the quests a ripoff, or the gameplay?

OT, I think this opninon and the whole thread is quite subjective, Im glad to see many people enjoyed the pvp weekend and pity I couldn't attend, hopefuly ill try it out in open beta before making my opinion, if I enjoy it I might be spending a pair of months here ^^. 

And loled at the new "anti-carebears" flagship, now they'll be spamming the shit out of everyone with that game just like they did with Darkfall.

• judgebeojudgebeo Member Posts: 419

Bah! discussing this is... sensless... the game is not released yet, so, really it can be "best" or "worst" mmorpg to date cause "dont exist" as final product. And, lot of people that is talking, didnt ever played this game, and! another thing, when you start playing a game is really MORE exciting than 6 month after... how can anyone judge a game that dont have a month on his own? I said... sensless...

No not every post, but most are the "dis gamerz sukkcerz asserz" comments, when in reality this community seems to be a breeding ground for hating any MMORPG that comes out, except for the few that play one game and say it "rockcerz!!".  Take a moment and read thru the commentary and see how many hate vs fanboi comments in this thread alone, you actually may have a moment of epiphany.

Actually that would be nice if that logic worked, and most people would.  But here is the problem, generally most gamers are the instant gratification, has to be their way, whiniest, cry baby, if I can't gank it suckcerz crowd.  Meaning most of the have an ideal game in their head, most likely based on a game 5+ years old, and if any game is not exactely like that it "suckcerz".  The most basic and easiest resolution is to go back and play that dream game, because nothing will ever be exactly what they want.

To each their own, not everyone will like every game out there.  But assume what you want, no one will know for sure until they try it.  But again when the ADHD, ADD, OCD crowd screams it sucks, I have always found it is better than most.

I would agree with most things you stated save that I feel your approach is to label con crowd as ADH, ADD, OCD instant gratification whiners.

In the end the pro crowd is threading the official hype line, con crowd is not and that gives them more crediblity providing if and only if their position is argumented.

Bad or mediocre games that have been released too early with too much hype are the fact. Next coming of MMO is highly unlikely and each and every game comming out during past few years was cheered by fan crowd as ZOMFG amazing.

I beleive most games will fall in the middle and be decent or mediocre.

I would agree with most things you stated save that I feel your approach is to label con crowd as ADH, ADD, OCD instant gratification whiners.

In the end the pro crowd is threading the official hype line, con crowd is not and that gives them more crediblity providing if and only if their position is argumented.

Bad or mediocre games that have been released too early with too much hype are the fact. Next coming of MMO is highly unlikely and each and every game comming out during past few years was cheered by fan crowd as ZOMFG amazing.

I beleive most games will fall in the middle and be decent or mediocre.

I disagree, I am not labeling the con crowd, they do that themselves.  But I have learned to watch the pulse of the "hater" crowd, because personally the more they yell about how much they hate a game the more I have found I enjoy it.

Look at it this way, haters take a negative point of view, and can scream for years after a release how much they hate a game because they tried it one time for 20 minutes (sadly most could not keep their attention on the game, and there is a HUGE rise of ADHD, ADD, and OCD among the youth and younger adults in proportion to other generations and diagnosis.  Not may 60 year old ADD out there now are there?

The "fanboi" as you call them, actually enjoy a game even to the point of looking beyond a few minor issues maybe even bugs in the game, because they can accept that nothing is perfect.  So if these people enjoy a game who has the RIGHT to take away what entertains them?  The haters?  Pffftttttt as soon as the next big thing comes out they all move over there. 

30 days ago it was all about the hate for TR then PoBS and now because AoC is the hot ticket they all come here.  Watch the crowd move to whatever most people enjoy and start bashing it.  I personally believe there is a large portion of those "haters" that don't even play MMO's they just troll forums with some deep seeded desire to "upset the apply cart" for everyone else.  Then there are a few competitors that troll these forums stirring up the crowd to create this crap.  Just because the crowd hates TR so much I am tempted to try it, if only I could play 12 hours a day.  I will not try PoBS because I swore to never buy a game that SOE has anything to do with.  And based on what I see here, I will buy AoC and try it because the hater crowd seems has no clue what they want, but it usually is what I want.

To be honest fanbois and trolls are exactly the same, just sitting in the opposite trenches.

Fanbois also have a tendency to overlook everything and not just few minor issues. Again you are painting fanbois as dedicated fans and trolls as malicious bunch that is here to flame the game just for the kicks of it.

I am a sceptic and I am usually grouped with trolls for the simple reason everyone who is not cheerleading can be nothing but a troll. 

Positive thinking be damned, due to poor past experiences I am sceptic and I will not change the position until proven otherwise (reviews after the launch first, try the game later).

That being said I agree with majority of your statements however I would like to hear do you have any critiques against pro crowd? If not I think the discussion is moot and it is basically stating - fanboi = good, troll = bad.

Originally posted by judgebeo

Bah! discussing this is... sensless... the game is not released yet, so, really it can be "best" or "worst" mmorpg to date cause "dont exist" as final product. And, lot of people that is talking, didnt ever played this game, and! another thing, when you start playing a game is really MORE exciting than 6 month after... how can anyone judge a game that dont have a month on his own? I said... sensless...

Pretty much, and well said.

• marmagmarmag Member UncommonPosts: 72

/agree

But, anyway, we have right to predict what we want, or we need to ask you?

My prediction is best mmorpg 2008 without competition.

master piece from FUNCOM.

/signed

• SnikesSnikes Member UncommonPosts: 76

Thinking "get a life" when reading a fanboy's or troller's post is a sign that you're getting too old for MMOs.

I think my days are over...

• markoraosmarkoraos Member Posts: 1,593

Ya know, actually the only thing stopping me from preordering AoC is exactly the amount of rabid fanboism about this game...

What's with you guys?

If you really like this game it doesn't mean that all the others are crap and that the people liking them are idiots. Get informed or something.

I'll be playing it cause I like the IP and it really looks nice and all but imo the game really didn't address any of the serious problems plaguing the MMORPG genre. The amount of effort and love the developers have put in it is awesome and worthy of respect and I believe it's going to show. However, I'd be much happier  if they concentrated a bit more on being revolutionary in something else besides gfx and combat system...

I expect the game to last me 6 months, which is just a perfect filler till WAR comes out. I might resub to check out new dev-made content occasionally but that's it. AoC is still just a game which pushes pre-made content while WAR, whatever it's other flaws may be, is attempting to elevate the genre to the level of a hobby...

However I might be wrong there.. It all depends on the stuff we haven't seen yet - the size of free PvP areas and the level at which you can start influencing the world around you. AoC has battlekeeps in the open world while player cities are hidden away in instances... Meh. I'd rather have whole capitals and zones being burned to the ground and rebuilt through player effort (like in WAR). On the other hand I'd really like to see players actually placing buildings on the ground like in AoC.

At the end of the year It seems we'll find ourselves back where we started: no perfect MMO... If only the devs would combine the best features of the best ones out there (say WoW open world and UI with GW skill progression and PvP + EVE style sandboxyness) and we'd have the "perfect" game... Alas....

• PandraxPandrax Member UncommonPosts: 341
    Originally posted by markoraos

Ya know, actually the only thing stopping me from preordering AoC is exactly the amount of rabid fanboism about this game...
    What's with you guys?
    If you really like this game it doesn't mean that all the others are crap and that the people liking them are idiots. Get informed or something.
    I'll be playing it cause I like the IP and it really looks nice and all but imo the game really didn't address any of the serious problems plaguing the MMORPG genre. The amount of effort and love the developers have put in it is awesome and worthy of respect and I believe it's going to show. However, I'd be much happier  if they concentrated a bit more on being revolutionary in something else besides gfx and combat system...
    I expect the game to last me 6 months, which is just a perfect filler till WAR comes out. I might resub to check out new dev-made content occasionally but that's it. AoC is still just a game which pushes pre-made content while WAR, whatever it's other flaws may be, is attempting to elevate the genre to the level of a hobby...
    However I might be wrong there.. It all depends on the stuff we haven't seen yet - the size of free PvP areas and the level at which you can start influencing the world around you. AoC has battlekeeps in the open world while player cities are hidden away in instances... Meh. I'd rather have whole capitals and zones being burned to the ground and rebuilt through player effort (like in WAR). On the other hand I'd really like to see players actually placing buildings on the ground like in AoC.
    At the end of the year It seems we'll find ourselves back where we started: no perfect MMO... If only the devs would combine the best features of the best ones out there (say WoW open world and UI with GW skill progression and PvP + EVE style sandboxyness) and we'd have the "perfect" game... Alas....

Sigh, anyone who refuses to preorder because of someone actually saying they want the game to suceed is alittle strange, in my opinion. Yes, the "fanboys" are alittle off sometimes and have a tendancy to be a tad dramatic and over hype the game, but it's mainly because they are excited, enthralled, and have found a game they can finally love. There is no shame in that, only shame in the people who put them down and insult them for promoting what they believe and love.

As for warhammer, Anyone who goes around looking will  realize warhammer is going to flop, and flop hard. If any game has been plagued with overhype it would be Warhammer.

Edit: I forgot to mention I used to look forward to Warhammer, and in a way still do. But they have alot of work, and I doubt they're launch will be as smooth as AoC if they launch at all this year.

~ ~

Had I the heavens' embroidered cloths, Enwrought with golden and silver light, The blue and the dim and the dark cloths Of night and light and the half light, I would spread the cloths under your feet: But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams.

• kingofnothinkingofnothin Member Posts: 112

why can't everybody just agree to disagree. maybe everybody is just bored.  each person likes their own types of games, not everybody is going to like the same game, or aspects of that game. i enjoyed playing star wars galaxies and i feel this game is as much like it as there is right now. and until something else comes out that comes closer, i will stick with this game. if there is another game that's closer let me know.

i come on this forum because i'm bored at work and i'm trying to find a new mmo. i try making a counter on yes or no from people with this game. but seems like it's worthless being as people don't like a single aspect of a game, so they eliminate it as a whole. i don't mind spending 50-60 on a game even if i play it for 30 days, just to find out if the game is any good myself. if it sucks i toss it out, if it's good i go ahead and continue. if you wanna compare games go to general pub. come on here and talk about age of conan alone.

• markoraosmarkoraos Member Posts: 1,593

Originally posted by pandrax

What's with you guys?

Sigh, anyone who refuses to preorder because of someone actually saying they want the game to suceed is alittle strange, in my opinion. Yes, the "fanboys" are alittle off sometimes and have a tendancy to be a tad dramatic and over hype the game, but it's mainly because they are excited, enthralled, and have found a game they can finally love. There is no shame in that, only shame in the people who put them down and insult them for promoting what they believe and love.

As for warhammer, Anyone who goes around looking will  realize warhammer is going to flop, and flop hard. If any game has been plagued with overhype it would be Warhammer.

Edit: I forgot to mention I used to look forward to Warhammer, and in a way still do. But they have alot of work, and I doubt they're launch will be as smooth as AoC if they launch at all this year.

Well, it's one thing promoting what you love and the other calling everybody else an idiot because their taste differs from yours...

At least I try to keep informed on games that I comment on. If i read one more "WAR is a WoW clone" from AoC fanbois I really am going to blow my top and bury AoC for good. This isn't the crowd I want to play with, even at the point of a sword.

As for WAR flopping, I've been looking at it hard enough since the development started and I see no flop incoming. I've been following AoC as well pretty much from all the way back and imo it'll have a bit of a bumpy start but nothing anyone should get concerned about. It'll be a fine game but it is the endgame and staying power that concerns me.

As I said, I'm sure AoC is going to be a blast till I burn through the pre-made content. How it plays after that we'll see... I'm sure guild oriented PvP-ers and PvE raiders will get their money's worth. As for me ... I'm casual / small group oriented because I like to play with my RL friends and a few cool people I care to hang out with that I've met online. I'm not sure AoC will cater to my playing style very well once I hit 80.

• EuthorusEuthorus Member Posts: 491

Originally posted by MasterLuu

I have a feeling that Age of Conan going to be something like dungeon siege or something just my feeling.
    If so then World of Warcraft will still rank higher then it.
    Then again Starcraft 2 is coming out and its surely going to be a success.

The PvP event brought very strong memories of MKII in an arcade but with enough controllers and quarter slots  for 30 people. Fun - yes, but fun 6 hrs later ?

FUNCOM - putting the FUN in disFUNctional !

• AmazingAveryAmazingAvery Age of Conan AdvocateMember UncommonPosts: 7,188
    Originally posted by Euthorus

I have a feeling that Age of Conan going to be something like dungeon siege or something just my feeling.

The PvP event brought very strong memories of MKII in an arcade but with enough controllers and quarter slots  for 30 people. Fun - yes, but fun 6 hrs later ?

Thats a mini game for you. I've never played one 6 hrs straight. Get bored after a while. But for a quick go here and there, they are pretty popular, just have to look at GW games for that.

• Realm-ReaperRealm-Reaper Member Posts: 501

Originally posted by AmazingAvery

Originally posted by Euthorus

Thats a mini game for you. I've never played one 6 hrs straight. Get bored after a while. But for a quick go here and there, they are pretty popular, just have to look at GW games for that.

agree...

It's an easy way to get into the game or if you only have a few minutes to play...why not jump into a Death Match with a few buds! The bottom line is AoC has a tone of game play options. This is one of the reasons I know this game is going to be HUGE!!!....

GAME OF THE YEAR HUGE!!!!

• faunusfaunus Member Posts: 33

Has Funcom acknowledged the assassin exploit which is frustrating alot of players in this beta pvp? Kind of makes me worried that even in a showcase of a feature there are some bugs and easy exploits already.

<-- Miagi's alt cause god forbid you don't conform to the masses and have legitimate questions

• LeucentLeucent Member Posts: 2,371
    Originally posted by pandrax

What's with you guys?

Hehe on the WAR part you re so off , and yes i do know if you ask how do i know. As far as launch for WAR goes it could do so now and be a great release, but they re taking their time for an amazing release. I can t comment on how AOC s release will be because all i saw so far was a so so mini game weekend but i can say WAR flopping hehe now way.