Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GU5 Racial Mounts

TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

A little break from the trolling doom and gloom...enjoy...or not.  /shrug (I'll probably get another warning for NOT trolling and being nice again)

www.massively.com/tag/vanguard-Game-Update-5/

Comments

• OrphesOrphes Member UncommonPosts: 3,039

Huh, how can they have time to do some mounts when they are supposedly working(wasting time) on a trial island?

I find it nice to have these mounts. I won't get a permanent flying one any soon, guess it is just as off the map as APW is for me. So this is welcomed.

Not to mention the faction change.

I'm so broke. I can't even pay attention.
    "You have the right not to be killed"

• MuruganMurugan Member Posts: 1,494

They might not be doing trial island until GU6 now, not sure the big news for me was the return of real faction.

I am looking forward to seeing how that turns out.

• ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888

I'll start it off since we know it's coming.  Why are they wasting their time on this pointless fluff when the game is full of bugs..

Now that thats out of the way, these new mounts look so cool.  I'm kinda pissed now I'm gonna have to make a dark elf...  Why is it dark elves are getting all the best stuff.  They get a cool dragon pet as their racial trait and now they have an amazing looking spider mount....

Sucks to be a half elf.. I get to rid around on a turtle..

---
    Ethion

• TorakTorak Member Posts: 4,905

Originally posted by Orphes

Huh, how can they have time to do some mounts when they are supposedly working(wasting time) on a trial island?
    I find it nice to have these mounts. I won't get a permanent flying one any soon, guess it is just as off the map as APW is for me. So this is welcomed.
    Not to mention the faction change.
    Well, one thing is not to use this site as a source of news / information.

This crowd is good for arguing with but...on top of current events....not so much.

Racial Mounts

With the release of the citizen favor system comes the first factional rewards -- racial land mounts! All races have been granted a unique looking mount with improved speed over other mounts in their tier. These mounts can be attained at levels 30 and 50 after you have gained the required faction and number of platinum coins. Players will be able to get any of these mounts as long as they do the work involved for their attached cities. Below is a list of the mounts for each race:

Race

City

Level 30 Mount

(Speed: 70 Stability: 50)

Level 50 Mount

(Speed: 90 Stability: 70)

Raki Ca'ial Brael Gataro Gataro Skulkers
    Wood Elf Ca'ial Brael Vinewalker Vinestriker
    Goblin Martok Wolf Spider Corrupt Wolf Spider
    Orc Martok Okami Warbread Okami
    Kojani Tanvu Dire Lobster Battle Lobster
    Half Elf Tanvu Dragon Turtle Battle Turtle
    Dark Elf Hathor Zhi Widow Blood Widow
    Qaliathari Khal Beetle Antlion
    Mordebi Khal Xakrin Lynx Xakrin Prowler
    Kurashasa Lomshir Scorpion Scorpion Hunter
    Gnome Mekalia Cockatrice Swordbeak
    Dwarf Bordinar's Boar Dire Boar
    Vulmane Dahknarg Wolf Dire Wolf
    Varanjar Halgarad Nomadic Behemoth War Behemoth
    Lesser Giant Halgarad Rhino Dire Rhino
    High Elf Leth Nurae Cougar Leopard/Panther
    Halfling Rindol Field Ant Drone Soldier Ant
    Thestran Tursh Fox Fox Hunter

Kojani get a Dire Lobster?!?! Yum?

• sephersepher Member Posts: 3,561

3. ANTI-HITCHING

As always, increasing performance remains a high priority for our development team. To that end, with this update we will be introducing new anti-hitching code that should have an immediate and noticeable effect.  

4. NEW PARTICLES

Sometimes, things just need to look cooler. That was the case for many adventuring class spells and/or abilities. Blood Mages, Disciples, Dread Knights, Druids, Necromancers and Sorcerers all received new an improved particle effects. 

Dunno why that site thought those two mentionings were after thoughts, but those are two of the most important things to me. The rest is heavy, if not entirely re-use/finishing of existing content and code.

• TonevTonev Member Posts: 462

I swear man, everytime I cancel my account and say how I hate and loathe this game they bring out some $*&^ that makes me resub. I don't know if that is a sickness I have or what,but I tell ya.

One thing that trip me out though about this when I seen it. They put in the racial mounts, but we don't see any of the racial weapons or armors that they said they were gonna put in the game. 

• rmk70rmk70 Member UncommonPosts: 408
    Originally posted by Tonev

I swear man, everytime I cancel my account and say how I hate and loathe this game they bring out some $*&^ that makes me resub. I don't know if that is a sickness I have or what,but I tell ya.

I'm the same way. Just as I quit they release a content patch that catches me interest and I resub. I should just learn that over time Vanguard will continue to disappoint but still have it's occasional peaks.

• TonevTonev Member Posts: 462

Okay, from what I see, again, you have to join a group to spend another 400 hours in APW as well as faction grind again (glad faction is back in and important). I had to read over the notes on the official forums,because this sounded to good to be true.

I guess playing the grind game is a necessary evil with the developers, but they should know that it is also a big risk they take in running off people to.

• Death1942Death1942 Member UncommonPosts: 2,587

are you serious?  those are the coolest mounts i have EVER seen.  my Dark elf is gonna have a great time freaking people out on his giant spider...

MMO wish list:

-Changeable worlds
    -Solid non level based game
    -Sharks with lasers attached to their heads

• URMAKERURMAKER Member UncommonPosts: 671

yea those mounts are awesome

• BaronJuJuBaronJuJu Member UncommonPosts: 1,832
    Originally posted by URMAKER

yea those mounts are awesome

"If we don't attack them, they will attack us first. So we'd better retaliate before they have a chance to strike"

Originally posted by sepher

3. ANTI-HITCHING

As always, increasing performance remains a high priority for our development team. To that end, with this update we will be introducing new anti-hitching code that should have an immediate and noticeable effect.  

4. NEW PARTICLES

Sometimes, things just need to look cooler. That was the case for many adventuring class spells and/or abilities. Blood Mages, Disciples, Dread Knights, Druids, Necromancers and Sorcerers all received new an improved particle effects. 

Dunno why that site thought those two mentionings were after thoughts, but those are two of the most important things to me. The rest is heavy, if not entirely re-use/finishing of existing content and code.

Can't deny that antihitching looks like a great thing. But actually I was more intrigued by the mounts and faction.

• DailyBuzzDailyBuzz Member Posts: 2,306

Spider?

Pfft, who wouldn't rather have a scorpion!

Wonder how many people will run the Uni/Hound quests now.

• swede2swede2 Member Posts: 975

Originally posted by DailyBuzz

Spider?

Pfft, who wouldn't rather have a scorpion!
    Wonder how many people will run the Uni/Hound quests now.
    I think people will still get them if there anything like me i loves my mount collection , i quested for both the uni and hound and ive spawned both of them maybe  twice each  never ride either of them , still prefer my horse and barding but i had to have them lol. And if it isn't to much of a grind all probally get most of the racial ones to and never ride them either  Am just starting the griffon quest all probally spawn that badboy i bet more often though
  • DanlmanDanlman Member UncommonPosts: 13

Racial Mounts.

Now thats what Im talking about. This is the type of stuff I love about Vanguard. Most other MMORPG's act as if all this bling would spoil the players or something but not Vanguard, they say..Hey let them have there fun with this cool stuff. I was having a hard time deciding which MMORPG to play so I purchased accounts on 4 MMORPG's this month (DDO, FFXI, LOTRO and VANGUARD)  and this is the sincher, simply because the developers aren't stingy with the really cool stuff.

Dan H

Originally posted by Danlman

Racial Mounts.
    Now thats what Im talking about. This is the type of stuff I love about Vanguard. Most other MMORPG's act as if all this bling would spoil the players or something but not Vanguard, they say..Hey let them have there fun with this cool stuff. I was having a hard time deciding which MMORPG to play so I purchased accounts on 4 MMORPG's this month (DDO, FFXI, LOTRO and VANGUARD)  and this is the sincher, simply because the developers aren't stingy with the really cool stuff.

4 different games at once? wow...You have some time on your hands

My impressions of those titles...

DDO - has some great dungeons, I'll give it that. Pretty poor world last I played, in fact there was no "world" it was just a quest hub city.

LotR - has great LINEAR storyline based play. If you don't follow the books they put in, you are pretty much hosed. Looks great but plays like a cross between WoW and a linear console game.

FFXI - has...well...a great grind. World is pretty good and it has some interesting quest but the grind...oh the grind....my eyes...my poor bleeding eyes.

Vanguard is the most well rounded of them IMHO.

• csthaocsthao Member UncommonPosts: 1,121

mounts? MOUNTS?! how many more different mounts are they going to give out and how many more bugs/fixes are they going to ignore? There are more important things that I would rather see done then to get people's attention by adding in more useless stuff that doesnt change the gameplay. nuff said, and flame away. :)

Originally posted by csthao

mounts? MOUNTS?! how many more different mounts are they going to give out and how many more bugs/fixes are they going to ignore? There are more important things that I would rather see done then to get people's attention by adding in more useless stuff that doesnt change the gameplay. nuff said, and flame away. :)
    Keep in mind that is not a complete list of GU5. They said there is more.

Originally posted by csthao

Bugs and bugs. I think it due overtime they add fluff and content.

• MuruganMurugan Member Posts: 1,494

To each his own I guess, I don't know how anyone can say this game has the "worst" graphics lol.

I also laugh every time I read a post from someone who does not play the game any longer complaining about bugs.  There are bugs in every MMO, my experience with bugs in Vanguard is now is no worse than it was in FFXI, EQ2, DAoC or COH/COV.

It has bugs, and they work on them every patch just like all the other MMO's, this is one area where Vanguard has improved exponentially since Sony has acquired them.

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

I'm sticking with my horses for my characters thank you very much.  Those mounts do nothing for me.   In fact I think they are a total waste of time and resources that could be better used "FIXING" what is broken!  Like "QUEST!" and "BUGS!"

When are they going to put stuff under the water?   OMG there is a whole other sphere of lands underwater that are not used.  In fact they totally neglected that sphere and it is a barren wasteland...nothing is there.

Kojan needs some serious love.

What about combat from horse back instead of making new mounts!   OMG....who the frak is in charge of this games direction...a complete idiot?

• SaggraSaggra Member Posts: 99
    Originally posted by Teala

I'm sticking with my horses for my characters thank you very much.  Those mounts do nothing for me.   In fact I think they are a total waste of time and resources that could be better used "FIXING" what is broken!  Like "QUEST!" and "BUGS!"
    When are they going to put stuff under the water?   OMG there is a whole other sphere of lands underwater that are not used.  In fact they totally neglected that sphere and it is a barren wasteland...nothing is there.
    What about combat from horse back instead of making new mounts!   OMG....who the frak is in charge of this games direction...a complete idiot?

Those mounts have been around sence beta sony just fixed them up abit and stuck them into the patch , much like APW is something sigil almost had ready for the game and sony just finished it up and stuck it in the game

So where do you find all these bugs and broken quests cause its been quite awhile sence ive seen anything in vanguard that i would even consider a minor annoyance , in fact i cant even remember the last time i even ran into a bug and i play alot

Originally posted by Saggra

Originally posted by Teala

Those mounts have been around sence beta sony just fixed them up abit and stuck them into the patch , much like APW is something sigil almost had ready for the game and sony just finished it up and stuck it in the game

So where do you find all these bugs and broken quests cause its been quite awhile sence ive seen anything in vanguard that i would even consider a minor annoyance , in fact i cant even remember the last time i even ran into a bug and i play alot

Drama...

No thread would be complete without it.

• NergleNergle Member UncommonPosts: 253

Originally posted by Saggra

No, those mounts were never in beta. The only mounts that was in beta were the flying mounts (griffon,Wyvern,Wyrm and pegasus). I never seen a Spider mount for Dark Elves in beta nowhere, and I been playing since they had inquisitor trainers in Hathor Zhi.

I think it's pretty good that they are adding things in the game,other than fi xing client code issues and such,butI think it is too late too little also. Conan,War and WOW 's expansion  is right around the corner and think a good majority of the people fiddling thumbs in the game will be hauling once they are out. I think I'll give Vanguard a good rest and return maybe in a year or two as my DRK,Pal and Necro aren't going anywhere (maybe I'll find love for it again once devs start thinking quality).