Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

AION = guilwars2?

ZKaaZKaa Member Posts: 16

Yep, AION will replace guild wars 2? Or GW2 will come also ?

Comments

• WrithWrith Member Posts: 85

Same company different teams, totally different games all together. There is no real association between either projects other then NCsoft.

• murphys123murphys123 Member Posts: 216

Yeah, two games that have nothing to to with eachother besides the same parent company.

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860

Same publisher: NCsoft, different developers (Arenanet for GW, studio5 aka "Aion team" from NCsoft korea for Aion).

GW2 will come with time, Aion is a completely different game and franchise.

• sonicwhipsonicwhip Member UncommonPosts: 117

im pretty sure gw2 will be better since gw2 is using next-generation polytexture graphics meaning it will look freaking awesome!!

aion is almost out gw2 will come out in 2010.

• resonate6resonate6 Member Posts: 83

Originally posted by ZKaa

I don't like guild wars

• UpskirtPowerUpskirtPower Member Posts: 230

Aion is developed by the main NCsoft Korea. Guild Wars/2 is developed by an American studio. NCsoft is both a publisher and developer.

Guild Wars and Aion is two type of mmo. Guild Wars is called a mmo just cause theres a place/town where people meet up in massive. Aion is a full-fledge mmo.

• MystaMysta Member UncommonPosts: 94
    Originally posted by UpskirtPower

Aion is developed by the main NCsoft Korea. Guild Wars/2 is developed by an American studio. NCsoft is both a publisher and developer.
    Guild Wars and Aion is two type of mmo. Guild Wars is called a mmo just cause theres a place/town where people meet up in massive. Aion is a full-fledge mmo.

Actually last I checked, GuildWars isn't an MMO. They labeled it as a CORPG

• WeareweareWeareweare Member UncommonPosts: 195

There is almost no information out on Guild Wars 2, Aion is already in or past beta in Asian countries... such as Korea i believe. Both are completely different, I'm pretty sure Aion is focused more so on PvE, though don't take my word for it, while Guild wars has a wide variety of PvE and PvP( you don't need to pve whatsoever to pvp). Also, as others have mentioned, the release dates will be months (maybe even years?) away; Guild wars being the latter.

• HousamHousam Member Posts: 1,460

hmm your like the kid who thinks blizzard are going to ditch wow cos of starcraft 2

Aion is actually heavily geared towards PvP

• WeareweareWeareweare Member UncommonPosts: 195
    Originally posted by Writh

Ah thank you, i wasn't sure.

• JquikJquik Member Posts: 130

If anything I'd consider it Lineage III

Except diff storyline and no click to move.

However I'm hoping it will be even better.

• lyankyjlyankyj Member Posts: 63

on the ground you can use click-to-move controls. Your choice.

• HousamHousam Member Posts: 1,460

Originally posted by Jquik
    If anything I'd consider it Lineage III
    Except diff storyline and no click to move.
    However I'm hoping it will be even better.

not really..the gameplay is completely different...its like calling eq2 WoW 2

• AseenusAseenus Member UncommonPosts: 1,844

gw2 will also come out but aion will be better imo...

i love guild wars but i doubt gw2 will be better, in aion u can fly lol

• KatzuAionKatzuAion Member Posts: 81

Actually it's not. It's like a 50/50. and you can actually choose wether you would like to participate or not in pvp battles.

• Sparkie24Sparkie24 Member Posts: 14

Originally posted by Aseenus

gw2 will also come out but aion will be better imo...
    i love guild wars but i doubt gw2 will be better, in aion u can fly lol

I hope they put allot of effort into the wings because they rock!! And with the crytek engine it looks very nice to.

Originally posted by KatzuAion

Actually it's not. It's like a 50/50. and you can actually choose wether you would like to participate or not in pvp battles.

Best means to acquire gear is through PvP. Rifts between the two worlds causes PvP to happen in what would otherwise be a basic PvE scenario. I highly doubt there will be anyone that is not exposed to PvP. This game IS heavily geared towards PvP.

• foreweerforeweer Member Posts: 31

I love Aion online

• Player_420Player_420 Member Posts: 686
    Originally posted by resonate6

Originally posted by ZKaa

I don't like guild wars

lol

I play all ghame

• NeocloudNeocloud Member Posts: 1

Aion Seems more like a lineage 2 replacement considering its game play and such, also guild wars is kinda different in game play then most mmos so i wouldn't say that it's a guild wars 2, more as a Lineage 2 advance if u think about game play and style.

• KanubisKanubis Member Posts: 112

Originally posted by KatzuAion

Best means to acquire gear is through PvP. Rifts between the two worlds causes PvP to happen in what would otherwise be a basic PvE scenario. I highly doubt there will be anyone that is not exposed to PvP. This game IS heavily geared towards PvP.

The team are putting a LOT of PvE content in though, including endgame raiding.

I think the more accurate statement is that you can't just avoid PvP. Even if it's not your focus, you HAVe to go through the Abyss (the huge PvP zone) to get to raid instances, and you are always at risk to enemy players attacking through a rift.

Tbh it sounds like the perfect mix to me :D

• Sam123jo0123Sam123jo0123 Member Posts: 409

Just seems like an asian grinder to me :(

Account has been stolen, why would someone want to steal my account?

• KanubisKanubis Member Posts: 112

Originally posted by Sam123jo0123

Just seems like an asian grinder to me :(

All reports suggest it very much isn't. It has a nicely developed world and lore, lots of quests (enough to cover levelling certainly) and lots of group content. aionsource.com has a post with an example of a level 20 boss and the fight to kill it.

The team have said since the beginning that asian MMO's are at a stage where they need to evolve in to the content-driven MMO's of the western market. It definitely seems a million miles away from the grindfest of games like RF Online.

But I know the sentiment, as soon as asaw the asian style appearance of the game, it took a lot of research before I was convinced it wasn't a grinder :p

Oh, and if you hate the normal asian grinder character creation, you'll be pleased that the customisation for characters is very detailed.

• QinshienQinshien Member Posts: 26
    Originally posted by UpskirtPower

American MMo's have too much hype and not enough Umph!... Also they are on easymode ie:WOW... I'm glad Aion is made from the Korean team, expect it to hammer you!

Don't hate because I'm awesome