Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pros/cons

gathgath Member Posts: 424

Originally posted on the Open Beta forums, but i guess here it's more logical.

*original post*

Been playing for a few days, and... still not sure if it's worth it or not.

Pro:

better graphics then the first glance can catch (althought isnt something i look for)

Click on map to move to that spot

diablo style of play (althought lots of diferences)

crafting gear (as far as i can see, the best gear is crafted, and not drops)

Bot !! (you configure it, and go for lunch!)

Maybe the faction wars, but not enough people/lvls and info, to know.

a few more things like Housing, Mounts, Country chat, auction house, branch of class skills, and a few more.

Cons:

... the grind, not even the bot helps. At late 40s it takes 2+ days, 24/7 botting same lvl mobs to get 1 miserable lvl. Game has atleast lvl 70 (no one actually knows what the max lvl is... that mutch of a grind!)

Bot !! yep, also in cons... seeing 5 people in team, by multi-client, killing all mobs in sight, isnt funny. This happens in "any" game, by with the bot configured properly, heals, dps, potions, loot, anything is done. Also, almost everyone lets the bot on mob spots over the night (and day!). With 3-5+ people on 1 spot, it's very hard to get any kill.

crafting... oh yeah, also in cons... altought i love crafting of any kind, this one is also a grind! Do 480 of this to get the next crafting lvl. Now, do 640 of that... ffs.

everyone looks the same. There's just slight changes, that after you played some, you can see that that char is a certain class, but besides your knowledge over time, everyone looks the same.

althought this might not be for everyone, but there's alot of "location/actions" lag. This is: while using 2 chars, to team or trade, most of the times there's a delay of 2 seconds or so, for the char A to see the char B in place. Have 2 clients open, get one char to follow the other, change to the 2nd client, that char isnt seeing the 1st char yet, i wait a couple seconds, and there he appears...

dont have mutch experience with it, only been in neutral maps a few times... but... will be almost impossible to lvl in neutral maps at higher lvl. Enemy faction + ability to config the bot to attack enemy faction + somewhat small maps + the possibility of having ALOT of people on 1 server = disaster.

only 1 city per faction. There's a small village in the map you start, then the main city on the next map, then a small outpost in the last faction map before the neutral lands. That's it. The creators say each server can have 3000 players online at any time.... ouch!

grind for Skill Books. Yep, you want to use the next lvl skill? grind for 2 days on those mobs over there, untill with luck, one drops...

and some more, like limited space of inventory/warehouse, in conflict with the grinding crafting where you have to use around 800 peices of material to get from lvl 3  to 4 of a certain branch. A few events aparently are hour based "you can only enter if you talk to NPC between hour 19 to 20" kind of thing.

I'm sure i could get several more Cons... but i'll leave it at this, since i am still playing it for now...

*end of original post*

I'm getting very, very bored of hte game, nothing waiting for me at high lvl, except grind for lvls, the occasional faction war, that is rigged since the faction with more players will most likely win. I'll give it 1-2 days, if i find nothing else worthwhile in the game, i'm leaving.

Senhores da Guerra

Comments

• gathgath Member Posts: 424

So... been doing some PvP... it's pathetic.

Some reasons:

Full "multi-client" teams.

Almost impossible to kill anyone that has/is a healer.

If you dont use the bot to pvp you will problably wont use potions or skils in the correct time.

If you do use bot in pvp, you are bound to run towards a group of mobs to try to kill the player that is on the other side, agroing all, and dying in the process.

Lag. You cant belive until you get it. Crossing half a map knowing you have a player right next to you, hitting it, but... not seeing it!

The balance between classes is terrible... at best.

Also, althgout this aint 'fact', many people called "hacks" several times. I watched a couple of this situations, and... it's fishy, or, too many bugs, or way too mutch lag. Either way, kills any fun one might had.

So basically, all that was waiting for me at "end game" was PvP and high lvl weapon/gear crafting.

Crafting... disapointment, in many ways, AND, the only way to craft the really good stuff, is paying for items in the 'Mall'. No other way to make stuff, except that. Sure, they want to make a profit out of hte game, but the all end game is by payment...

And for the so many reasons posted in this thread, i left the game.

If anyone enjoys it... more power to you.

I dont.

Senhores da Guerra