Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PvP column in the Game List

Impulse47Impulse47 Member UncommonPosts: 159

First off, I would like to say thank you, MMORPG.com staff, for finally adding a column for PvP in the game list. I am glad that the community is evolving to better realize PvP's importance in games of this nature. However, I am not sure that this column is being used as effeciently as it could be.

What I would like to see is more options describing the nature of the PvP within the game. For example, Asheron's Call 1: Darktide and Guild Wars are both currently labeled as "Has PvP". However, the PvP in each game is significantly different - enough so to justify breaking it into different sub categories.

My suggestions would be  to expand the options for the PvP column to include:

- Open / unrestricted PvP (such as the chaos found in AC1:Darktide and Shadowbane)

- Organized / structured PvP which is an integral part of the game (such as Guild Wars, Planetside, and DAoC RVR)

- Organized / structured PvP which is more of an afterthought or option (not important)

- No PvP at all

I'm at work posting during my break so I havn't had a ton of time to develop my thoughts here, but you get the idea. The reason I post this is because I have spent the past 5 years searching for a game to replace my Darktide addiction (currently waiting patiently for Darkfall), and it would make things easier on me and others like myself to have the list a little more differentiated in this respect.

Thank you,

Impulse

Comments

• Impulse47Impulse47 Member UncommonPosts: 159

Reviving an old post in hopes of it getting noticed.

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

Hey

Is it only mine where they have question marks for nearly all of the games for pvp?

?

Bump because there is a huge difference between Darkfall and WoW and yet they still have the same pvp icon in the game list.

I am tired of scouring each game's message boards for a description of the pvp every time a new game comes out.  Improve the list!

Thread necromancy.

• AkaJetsonAkaJetson Member Posts: 1,167

Interesting stuff.

?