Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Questions about increasing graphics / registering expansion...

DuilyonDuilyon Member Posts: 326

So I got the 2007 FFXI package and I was able to register FFXI thinking I could go back and register the 3 expansions at a  later date...

Now I cannot find where to REGISTER these expansion!! could someone tlel me where on PLAYONLINE i can do it?>

Also the graphics look like shit. How can I increase the textures and all that jazz??

thanks<>3

Comments

• DuilyonDuilyon Member Posts: 326

I do not know how to get to my registry...

and I wen tto Start menu then found the Playonline file but It does not contain the FFXI File in it with its config stuff....

so i cant change myresolution and such..

ugh

• lilfoolilfoo Member Posts: 38

"Windows key" + R

Type: regedit

follow the steps in the second post.

• SatimasuSatimasu Member UncommonPosts: 900

Or you could just go to the start menu and get to the FFXI config from there. You have to be totally out of the game and POL though.

To be the best, you must help each other become the best.
    FFXI Character: Satimasu
    FFXI Server: Valefor
    FFXIV Character: Tamorae Fonteil

Went to the start then PLAYONLINE but th eFFXI file isnt in the start menu and shit.

Ugh I cant find the FFXI CONFIG!!! : [

and where do i do the WIndoiws key + r????

in ffxi?

• SatimasuSatimasu Member UncommonPosts: 900

It should be there under start > playonline > final fantasy xi > ffxi config. The window button + r is for run, so you can type it in. It will pop up after you do that.

To be the best, you must help each other become the best.
    FFXI Character: Satimasu
    FFXI Server: Valefor
    FFXIV Character: Tamorae Fonteil

The Final Fantasy XI file isnt even with the PlayOnline FIle in the Start menu!! :[

wha tis going on!!!!

this is really starting to anger me. I go into Start > playonline but then there is NO FFXI file under that. So what th ehell am i to do? I can't play this game with shitty graphics.

And I can't for the life of me understand that registry code. UGh. I hate playonline.

• porgieporgie Member Posts: 1,516

Originally posted by Duilyon

this is really starting to anger me. I go into Start > playonline but then there is NO FFXI file under that. So what th ehell am i to do? I can't play this game with shitty graphics.

And I can't for the life of me understand that registry code. UGh. I hate playonline.
    Go to the directory that you installed the game to, then look (usually called "PlayOnline") then go the "SquareEnix" directory and then go to the "Final Fantasy XI" directory.  Scroll down until you find "ToolsUS" and go inside there.

You'll find a file called "Final Fantasy XI Config".  Double click that and it will start it up.

I have in installed on Vista and it didn't put a shortcut to that file on my system either for some weird reason.

-----------------------
    </OBAMA>