Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Eve Online Source Code Leaked

chaintmchaintm Member UncommonPosts: 953

If anything it is an interesting read and yet another reason to stay clear till these devs actually do some viable security checks in their MMO.

http://www.dreamnotoftoday.com/?p=643

My bad, seen another topic on this now, oh well :)

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/173966

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

Comments

• Plasuma!!!Plasuma!!! Member Posts: 1,872

Big deal, I decompiled the source code a long time ago. I still do it now and then to find out what they're changing when they update.

Having the client-side source code is like looking at the source of a web page. It changes nothing and the worst you can do is make a bot that macros for you.

• NeeAnderTallNeeAnderTall Member Posts: 79

I don't think CCP has anything to worry about. CCP is pretty proactive about pleasing their subscribers, even allowing 3rd party auditors inside so they can remain honest. Nice ethic.

There is an Evemulator out there. I just wish I could make an E V E Online Mod using Homeworld ships...but those 3D graphics need serious updating to the current standard. For now I am playing a Freelancer Mod with Homeworld ships called Onslaught.

I also discovered a mod to Homeworld 2 that is being made with E V E Online ships inserted into the Homeworld 2 RTS game. The developers there claim they got permission from CCP to use their models.

I applaud CCP's move to approve the use of their ships. It sends a positive message to other modders, and it also is a back-door advertisement of E V E Online's product.

Maybe someday someone will put the EVE Ships into Freelancer as well. Just about everyother sci-fi ship has been imported into that game in one mod or another.