Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Whats up with the subscription?

SeismicaSeismica Member Posts: 24

Ok i downloaded the free trial for this game and i think it's good. it advertises on it's website $15 per month. So why does it then say €20 per month? As the euro is currently stronger than the dollar, this means they are deliperatly ripping off their european customers. Sure i can pay in dollars, but i'm not sure where my bank stands on foreign currency transactions.

i was considering getting this game, but this has completely changed my mind. I'll see out the rest of the free trial and move on to another game. Congratulations EVE, you lost a potential customer.

Comments

• Nu11u5Nu11u5 Member Posts: 597

You are likely looking at the cost of activating a new account, which has always been $20 dollars/euros. The per month price after the first month should still be $15/euros.

The 1 for 1 rate between dollars and euros in the pricing is another issue. You can always take another route and purchase a Game Time Card from a 3rd party site (which will use the true exchange rate). You can use one to activate a new account as well without any addition fee or penalty. In the end it saves you at least $5.

//insert sig here
  • RayalistRayalist Member Posts: 211

I don't recall why, but during one of the fanfests the CEO answered why they had to effectively charge Euros more. They don't want to, but some law or somesuch forces them to. It's unfortunate and no one can blame Euros for still being pissed off over it.

• SeismicaSeismica Member Posts: 24

I got confused sadly... The $15 figure came from this website. the €20 figure that i saw was the first month yeh

But its still €15 if a buy 1 month. I suppose inflation has put the price up as the game prices on this site havn't been updated for a while. If i pay for more than 1 month its cheaper, which is good to hear, i might buy a 3 month if i'm impressed in the rest of my 14-day trial.

Still havn't made my decision to buy then. Mistake on my part, i'll still consider buying the game.

• TrinsecTrinsec Member Posts: 22

I could recommend going to a ETC card reseller site and buy it in dollars, and also activate your account with the Eve Time Code card instead. With the current ratio of dollars versus euro, paying the Eve site in euro is basically ripping yourself off.

• SeismicaSeismica Member Posts: 24

Ideally i'd pay for it in pounds, did i say that i'm not sure where my bank stands on foreign transactions?

But a game that does sell in pounds actually puts it the same price as in dollars i.e. double the price. Well, that was a while ago, but the pound has been over the dollar for nearly 15 years

• TrinsecTrinsec Member Posts: 22

I buy the ETC at a reseller's site (in my case at battleclinic.com) with PayPal. So I pay that site in dollars, but via PayPal I pay in euro with the current currency conversion rates. It really doesn't matter, you'll be ultimately paying in pounds off your bank account if your default is pounds.