Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

is it worth it??

jimbo833jimbo833 Member Posts: 158

im thinking of buying guild wars as i cba paying a monthly fee..

and i was wondering just for the normal game, is there a lot of content to keep me busy for a while and is there a lot of things to do in groups, as i prefer working in groups

Comments

• Lonesamurai1Lonesamurai1 Member Posts: 1,210
    Originally posted by jimbo833

and i was wondering just for the normal game, is there a lot of content to keep me busy for a while and is there a lot of things to do in groups, as i prefer working in groups

well, I've racked up over 6,000 hours in game, so yeah, its worth it

imageimage

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

Seems to be quite a large amounts of posts about this recently Anyhow the answer is short; yes.

Guild Wars will offer you fun and lots of contents for quite a long time. You won't find yourself running out of content and neither will you probably be bored. There is long time to enjoy it and you can always go back to it after trying something else. Grouping should also not be a problem although you will not find many person eager to group. In PvP you can always go to an arena where you are in a group; like TA, HA and AB.

Finally I would like to advise you to get the Nightfall campaign since it will offer the best experience for you, as a beginner. It also introduces a lot of features like heroes which will prove valuable in your further adventures in Guild Wars. Additionally you will also be able to compete with the other players if you get the Nightfall campaign, since you got access to (almost) all Dervishes and Paragons (the professions that were introduced in Nightfall) skills.

• airstrikeairstrike Member UncommonPosts: 373

Imo it's well worth it,it's fun,can be picked up easy and has very nice team oriented pvp.It doesnt take long to reach max lvl ,actualy if you just want to pvp you can reach max lvl in about 5 clicks.

• Ascension08Ascension08 Member Posts: 1,980

I've played GW, it's a very fun and well rounded game. The only downside is the instanced aspect of it, but that's my personal taste. The biggest advantage is the low level cap. No grinding = more fun. The second biggest is no monthly fee, and for me the third biggest would be graphics. Very nice for a f2p game, the animations are wonderful. It's worth a shot at the very least!

--------------------------------------
    A human and an Elf get captured by Skaven. The rat-men are getting ready to shoot the first hostage with Dwarf-made guns when he yells, "Earthquake!" The naturally nervous Skaven run and hide from the imaginary threat. He escapes. The Skaven regroup and bring out the Elf. Being very smart, the Elf has figured out what to do. When the Skaven get ready to shoot, the Elf, in order to scare them, yells, "Fire!"

Order of the White Border.

• LydonLydon Member UncommonPosts: 2,938

It most definitely does have alot.

There's a long PvE campaign consisting of a number of missions and many quests. Once you've done with all of those, you can work on obtaining Titles for your character as well as rare weapons and elite armor sets. If you've done all of that, which will take a you a good load of time, you can retry the campaign on Hard Mode which is (duh) much harder but gives you better rewards. To top it all off, Guild Wars has what I consider to be the best PvP out there. There are a numeber of different types available for both the casual and hardcore PvPer. Finally, once you've done with the first campaign, you've got two more and an expansion to buy should you wish!

P.S. I'd personally recommend getting the first campaign, Prophecies. It has the most amazing storyline imho, introduces you to the game nice and slowly, and there's nothing like experiencing Pre-Searing Ascalon as a newbie (you'll find out what that is soon). Sure, the other campaigns offer extra professions and some offer Heroes, but the original players never needed those when they started out, so you won't either.

• jimbo833jimbo833 Member Posts: 158

ok, thanks everyone game sounds good but got 1 more Q....

does anyone no were to get access key for trail, cant seem to find it on the main site

thanks

• GodliestGodliest Member Posts: 3,486

ok, thanks everyone game sounds good but got 1 more Q....

does anyone no were to get access key for trail, cant seem to find it on the main site

thanks

ANet doesn't offer trials, instead you must ask for it from another player. And that you've done, so you will most likely get some help with it.

• jimbo833jimbo833 Member Posts: 158

kk thanks.

so if anyone can give me a trail code it would be greatly appreciated