Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Storm damage

streeastreea Member UncommonPosts: 654

Is everyone in the central states okay so far? My complex got hit pretty hard in Dallas (most of Dallas/FortWorth was hit very hard) but I know Oklahoma was busted up even worse.

Also, if the storm is heading your way, be very careful about it... the time it took for the weather to go from a steady windless rain to a tornado and insane rain/lightning was about 3 whole minutes. It comes at you very fast.

Comments

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

My skylight is leaking a bit. That and trash in my yard.

• abbabaabbaba Member Posts: 1,143

Gusting 40 mph wind and rain here right now, I'm not looking forward to venturing outside later today.

• pyrofreakpyrofreak Member UncommonPosts: 1,481

Originally posted by abbaba

Gusting 40 mph wind and rain here right now, I'm not looking forward to venturing outside later today.

Bah! I love going outside in intense storms, it's rather thrilling.

Of course, if you actually have to get something done while outside, I could understand not enjoying it.

Now with 57.3% more flames!

• VampirVampir Member Posts: 4,239

I live in albuquerque and am shielded on mountains for the most part, I dont live anywhere near an active fault line, and their isn't enough rain to flood.

I have nothing to contribute to talk about severe weather except im immune.

98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you''re one of the 2% who hasn''t, copy & paste this in your signature.

• LaserwolfLaserwolf Member Posts: 2,383

I'm in Oklahoma but luckily I am in the center, east of OKC. Most of the major stuff passes south of me or North of me, the rest usually hits the corners and panhandle. Unfortunately I work in a very unlucky city, Moore, and so I am just glad that the majority of Tornadoes touch down after I am off work and am home.... though I would probably be safer at work then in my house...

Tornadoes don't bother me too much though. It seems the majority of those killed by them live in trailers or are caught in their cars. I could lose my home, but I doubt I would be seriously injured. However I would still like to get myself a Storm Shelter for peace of mind.

I am getting more pissed off at the recent wildfires and major ice storms hitting every Summer and Winter now. I am used to Tornadoes, but this new stuff causes all new problems.