Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Does this game have ANY bugs?

jimothypetrojimothypetro Member Posts: 1,437

I have been playing since the beginning of NA release back in November, and I think I can honestly say I have never come across a single bug.

And the same with server crashes.  The entire time playing FFXI I think I may have seen 2 server crashes on Alexander.

Have you ever seen a bug in this game? :P

----------------------------------

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
-- Ken Olson, chairman of Digital Equipment Corp, 1977

Comments

• PsycosisPsycosis Member Posts: 362

no me either, although i think there might be the odd translation error... and i have read that there are a few exploits in the game.. although all the sites that have the exploits on them are ones that you have to pay a monthly fee to join, and i don't really find the idea of paying to know about a couple of useful bugs that will probably get sorted in a couple of months apealing.

Haven't had a server crash... the only problem i have is when it loses full screen and terminates... which is not a bug, its designed to do that so bots are not as easy to run and stuff... but when u knock a button that does it with ur arm (play can get quite frantic) and it closes its one big bugger.

--------------------------------------------
    Was that a thought I just had, or and echo of a thought I was thinking of having?

Was that a thought I just had, or and echo of a thought I was thinking of having?
    http://www.soundclick.com/wizard-sleeve
    I produce music, DnB, Trance, Metal Fusion, RaP and whatever i feel like. You might like it
    http://www.nexusradio.co.uk - Online radio promoting unsigned artists

Just remembered one....

The boat in selbenia... when it gets to the "edge if the world" doesn't go over... instead it keeps on going and gives the apearance of it flying above the water haha.

I produce music, DnB, Trance, Metal Fusion, RaP and whatever i feel like. You might like it

• StrifeousStrifeous Member Posts: 39
    Theres a fun bug for airships i dont want SE to know of. U run into the wall of airship till u go over. Then your just floating off the side of the airship with 5000+ ft underneath u of land

• ramadinramadin Member Posts: 1,304

The game itself is one big bug.  Worst MMORPG I have ever played.

Laying in bed, looking up at the stars, a single thought passed through my head. Where the fuck is my roof?

-----------------Censored------------------

• XzaroXzaro Member UncommonPosts: 1,719

Well it probably has rarely any bugs at all because the japanese people found all of them when it was released there and then it all got fixed before the NA version got released. ::::04::

• StrifeousStrifeous Member Posts: 39
    Ahhh Ramadin finally came to flame. Please stop flaming such an excellent game like FFXI and flame horrible games like SWG and EVE image

• DrakaeonDrakaeon Member Posts: 630

Originally posted by Strifeous
    Ahhh Ramadin finally came to flame. Please stop flaming such an excellent game like FFXI and flame horrible games like SWG and EVE image

Don't forget Lineage II in there. That is a bad game if I ever saw (played) one.

Originally posted by Drakaeon
    Originally posted by Strifeous

Don't forget Lineage II in there. That is a bad game if I ever saw (played) one.

Lineage II is the perfect example of a game with very good graphics, but absoloutly HORRID gameplay and erm... everything else other than graphics.

• jimothypetrojimothypetro Member Posts: 1,437

Originally posted by Xzaro
    Well it probably has rarely any bugs at all because the japanese people found all of them when it was released there and then it all got fixed before the NA version got released. ::::04::_______________________________________________image

Well.. look at Lineage 2...

----------------------------------

"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
    -- Ken Olson, chairman of Digital Equipment Corp, 1977

Originally posted by jimothypetro
    Originally posted by Xzaro
    Well it probably has rarely any bugs at all because the japanese people found all of them when it was released there and then it all got fixed before the NA version got released. ::::04::_______________________________________________image

Well.. look at Lineage 2...

It's different, different servers and everything. FFXI doens't have japanese-only servers and NA-only server, it's all the same. They just needed to translate everything.

And plus, NCSoft are dumbasses, Square-enix aren't.

• WartWart Member Posts: 84

There's some cases, like me, that when you install FFXI on PC, it "masks" your network settings and your icons in the bottom right of the screen disappear too. Fix that, by uninstalling the QOS packets in the properties for a network connection. ::::20::

I went crazy because I thought I had a virus or something.

===
    Currently Playing: Guild Wars 2

Originally posted by ramadin
    The game itself is one big bug.  Worst MMORPG I have ever played.

Laying in bed, looking up at the stars, a single thought passed through my head. Where the fuck is my roof?

Winge winge winge, moan moan moan.... Hi i'm ramadin and I think i am really cool for having nothing better to do than post pointless message after worthless message in the final fantasy forum. Look at me.. I am an elite member with such a big post count which 90% of them were flames for FFXI.. WOOOHOO I AM SO COOL...

• sidebustersidebuster Member UncommonPosts: 1,712

Originally posted by Psycosis
    Originally posted by ramadin
    The game itself is one big bug. Worst MMORPG I have ever played.

Winge winge winge, moan moan moan.... Hi i'm ramadin and I think i am really cool for having nothing better to do than post pointless message after worthless message in the final fantasy forum. Look at me.. I am an elite member with such a big post count which 90% of them were flames for FFXI.. WOOOHOO I AM SO COOL...

Can I BE YOUR FOLLOWER!?!?! by the way FFXI is teh sux. Am i in now? ::::02::