Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Problem with official website

MortorinMortorin Member UncommonPosts: 46

Hi all,

I've only recently found out about this upcoming MMO. I went to look at the official page (www.fallenearth.com) but every time I go to it, my internet explorer hangs. It loads so much of the page, then it hangs. I'm running Vista with service pack 1 installed, and I havent had any other problems.

I was just wondering if anyone else was having this problem?

Comments

• Are you just on the main page or do you enter something in particular that makes everything hang up? I entered the site to have a look at it works fine for me. Have entered everything with no problems. I use Windows XP with Pack 2 installed.

• CaldicotCaldicot Member UncommonPosts: 455

Try Firefox instead www.mozilla.com

If you wish to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first invent the universe. - Carl Sagan

• MortorinMortorin Member UncommonPosts: 46

No, just the very first page. Down the bottom left of Internet Explorer it says it is downloading images, and it gets as far as 46 then it hangs.

• wolfmannwolfmann Member Posts: 1,159

Have you tried Firefox?

I had that issue for a time, and only firefox worked. Tried reinstalling all addons for explorer but no go.

Wasnt until I reinstalled Explorer 7 and then reinstaled all addons that things started working again. Though, I've been using firefox since heh.

You'll notice more and more webpages that locks up your explorer..flash, shockwave, advanced scripts..

Use firefox, while reinstalling explorer 7.

imageThe last of the Trackers

• Hmm... Well it works perfect for me. Do you have Mozilla, if not try that. Just like Caldicot suggested. Might work better. ^^

I'm not a fan of firefox to be honest, might just have to use it to access this one website though, because I do want to find out more about the game.

• I was not a fan of Firefox either. But later on I realised it made it alot easier. Like your problem with sites that hangs up. Now I dont even remember how Explorer was. =P

I have been on the Fallen Earth site so many times now, still waiting for a release date.. -sigh- Cant wait. ^^

• wolfmannwolfmann Member Posts: 1,159

Originally posted by Morton

I'm not a fan of firefox to be honest, might just have to use it to access this one website though, because I do want to find out more about the game.

Before my troubles started, my buddy who was a firefox fan always got chased outta my apartment with things flying his way..about daily too.. Never shuting up bout firefox..bastid

But the bug forced me to use something else than explorer, and by the time I finally managed to wipe it(3 reinstalls of explorer really, not just 1 as I described above) I just found I liked the way firefox did things heh. But you aint telling my buddy that!

imageThe last of the Trackers

Heh no problems mate ;)

I downloaded Firefox and i can access the site now - the game looks good! I've signed up for the newsletters so fingers crossed for some more info soon :)

• cabal001cabal001 Member Posts: 166
    Originally posted by Morton

Heh no problems mate ;)
    I downloaded Firefox and i can access the site now - the game looks good! I've signed up for the newsletters so fingers crossed for some more info soon :)

there hasn't been a newsletter in a while. best source for info are the question o' the weeks we get.

arguing with a corporate fanboi is like teaching special education.
    even if you teach him something...at the end of the day he's still retarded.