Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ArenA: Rise of Champions - (preAlpha)

Hello, we are working on a small scale MMO called   "ArenA: Rise of Champions".  Currently we are in the preAlpha stages of the game, still designing, concepting, working on models etc. Basically we have a small team of about 4 people (1artist/1programmer dedicated)  so everything right now is under construction.

The basic idea of ArenA is that you are taken as you travel and enslaved to fight in the arena's. This is where the game takes place, but right now the story and dialog are not in-game. Whoever play-tests with us will be shown how to create items and armor, as well as how to travel about to the different Arena's in the works. We hope you enjoy seeing the game progress with your input.

Heres a screenshot:

www.zealotstudios.com/arena/images/arenascreen1.jpg

We're looking to get some play-testers who can suggest ideas, find bugs (too many to list right now), and generally just come in and play around.

Be aware that we are in preAlpha, so things are not polished, or complete. 

Check out the forums here  www.zealotstudios.com/arena

* Not much else works on the website right now, too much work on the game.

Sign-up on the forums in the Playtest area and we will get you started.

Thanks for the help! Looking forward to your input! 

Comments

• apwrsmageapwrsmage Member Posts: 38

Be careful. I believe Bethesda has copyrighted / trademarked the name Arena in regards to RPGs.

• TeimanTeiman Member Posts: 1,319

Originally posted by apwrsmage

Be careful. I believe Bethesda has copyrighted / trademarked the name Arena in regards to RPGs.

I hate wen people trademark normal words. Arena is the spanish word for Sand, and also for a fightring.. hee.. arena.   Is ridiculous.. but often ok from a legal pov.

Imagine a guy trademarking the word War, or Battle, or Castle, or... Arena.

• grogbrogrogbro Member Posts: 7

Really. Hmm. I will definitely look into it! If thats the case then we would use the entire title, and I think that would work. Or maybe the capital 'A' at then end would be good enough to bypass that  ;)

Thanks for the info!

• brihtwulfbrihtwulf Member UncommonPosts: 975

Coming soon:  A powerful gaming experience beyond anything you've ever seen...  And it's called...

THE

And don't even try using that word in your title because I have it trademarked! ;)  Hooray for silliness!

• apwrsmageapwrsmage Member Posts: 38

I agree it's silly.

I don't think using the entire title would work, as Bethesda uses it as part of a title with a colon, just like you do, and I believe it's copyrighted / trademarked both on its own and as part of a similar title structure. I'm not sure, but like you mentioned the best thing to do would be to simply ask them.

• MyzRainMyzRain Member Posts: 43

I really, really dislike the capitalized "A" at the conclusion of the title.

Just out of curiosity, what was the logic behind doing so?

Obviously, it is not game-breaking, but still...

---
    What is forgotten is forever immortal.

I ended up doing that when I made the logo, which is still temp, the A's at the beginning and end worked better like that.  It also holds in the title well. Almost like two columns on either side...spewing annoying A's in your face! 

• KatovaKatova Member UncommonPosts: 184

I wouldn't mind giving it a shot. :)

Thanks for hopping in ArenA last night! There wasn't that much to do but we came up with a few new unique bugs we hadn't caught before.

The alpha is still open if anyone wants to come in.

TY

G