Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

re-sub

gracefieldgracefield Member UncommonPosts: 279

Hi

I was thinking of re-installing this game and having another go at it. I have the original Everquest II and the Desert of Flames expansion. I know there have been some graphical enhancements added - will I benefit from them or do I need more modern expansions for that?

Thanks

Comments

• ethionethion Member UncommonPosts: 2,888

I would strongly recommend getting the kunark expansion.  It gives you access to all the previous expansions and stuff so it's a good plan.  The Feydark expansion adds a huge amount of content for all levels and is really a must have expansion.

---
    Ethion

• diknakdiknak Member Posts: 70

I agree; buy Kunark.  Although you won't be able to see Kunark right away (unless you start a new character and start in the new city), you get EoF and KoS with it, which will be used a lot sooner.  Hell, you want EoF just so you won't have to step foot in DoF; god that expansion sucked.  Also, you won't have any access to AAs if you don't buy anything else.  The $30 is well worth it.  Welcome back.

• maddbomber83maddbomber83 Member Posts: 422

I also found that even if you start somewhere else, make the quick trip to TD and go to the starting area there, the quests and the set of armor you have when done is much better than in other zones.

• gracefieldgracefield Member UncommonPosts: 279

Thanks a lot for the help, guys. I decided to give it a go, bought the all-in-one thing. I thought, what the hell, it's a fair old download, but almost through with it now.

• fozzie22fozzie22 Member Posts: 1,003
    Originally posted by gracefield

Thanks a lot for the help, guys. I decided to give it a go, bought the all-in-one thing. I thought, what the hell, it's a fair old download, but almost through with it now.

Hehe it is a fair old download thats for sure but its a great game not perfect but the best MMO out there at this moment in time

• fawdownfawdown Member UncommonPosts: 186

Am I the only one that likes DoF?

• KilmarKilmar Member UncommonPosts: 844

I liked DoF most, best story =)

• fozzie22fozzie22 Member Posts: 1,003
    Originally posted by fawdown

Am I the only one that likes DoF?

Yes..i thought it was awful granted ROK runs it a very close second IMO.