Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why does this forum even exist?

kobie173kobie173 Member UncommonPosts: 2,075

This is sad. Every thread, no matter what the original post is, degrades into endless 10-page rants about how SOE and LucasArts kicked your dog, stole your girlfriend, ate your parents and otherwise ruined your lives.

GET OVER IT. It's an MMO, for the love of god. There's plenty of them out there.

I've seen people get over incredibly painful divorces in less time than it's taken many of the people around here to get over the old game.

I preferred pre-CU and the CU to the NGE, hands down, no question, but what's done is done, and all the crying over a game that ostensibly died for you two-plus years ago -- along with the constant mockery of people who perhaps still play and enjoy the game -- is rather pathetic.

So I started to walk into the water. I won't lie to you boys...I was terrified. But I pressed on, and as I made my way past the breakers, a strange calm came over me. I don't know if it was divine intervention or the kinship of all living things, but I tell you, Jerry, at that moment ... I was a marine biologist.

Comments

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333

will the whiners never stop to whine  ?

If you don't like this forum  don't  read it...

Get over it ! the crapy NGE version will don't  get positive reviewed anywhere in your whole life  LOL

i mean really its crap ! GET OVER IT

begging for positive feedback and forum threads don't change anything..

i mean really get you a new hobby or something . I mean time to GET OVER IT  ..

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• kobie173kobie173 Member UncommonPosts: 2,075
    Originally posted by DarthRaiden

Get over it ! the crapy NGE version don't will get positive reviewed anywhere in your whole life  LOL

Would anyone care to translate this for me? This makes absolutely NO sense whatsoever.

So I started to walk into the water. I won't lie to you boys...I was terrified. But I pressed on, and as I made my way past the breakers, a strange calm came over me. I don't know if it was divine intervention or the kinship of all living things, but I tell you, Jerry, at that moment ... I was a marine biologist.

• majochmajoch Member Posts: 599

Basically it means this forum "SWG Veterans Refuge" is specifically in place for the people who feel some form of wrongdoing by SOE/LA or SCE to vent or discuss in an environment without distracting the general forum.  Simple enough.

• dethgardethgar Member Posts: 293

We invested months of subscription money and free-time playing this game only to have it raped and pillaged away. This was our hobby for a long time, if someone took away your favorite hobby I don't believe you would be very quick to "get over it".

• RazotRazot Member Posts: 81

Originally posted by kobie173

Originally posted by DarthRaiden

Get over it ! the crapy NGE version don't will get positive reviewed anywhere in your whole life  LOL

Would anyone care to translate this for me? This makes absolutely NO sense whatsoever.

Where you forced at gun point to come into and read every post the refuge forum?

Welcome to the internet meaning theres millions of Forums and Blogs i CHOOSE to not read needless to say if i have no interest on a topic i dont need to Visit the forums or reply to them.

So the question is Why are you here and why do you even care?

I love it really ....

We  posted on the official boards and  we get banned and hunted down  .....

we posted  on  the general forum here ..and we got exiled to our forum..

Now  people come here to OUR place and  ask for the extiction of our opinions !

i love it  so much .....

(i speak for myself)

YOU DON'T GET THIS VOICE EXTINCTED !!!!

-We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

Originally posted by dethgar

We invested months of subscription money and free-time playing this game only to have it raped and pillaged away. This was our hobby for a long time, if someone took away your favorite hobby I don't believe you would be very quick to "get over it".

Two and a half years is not "very quick."

• Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822

This is sad. Every thread, no matter what the original post is, degrades into endless 10-page rants about how SOE and LucasArts kicked your dog, stole your girlfriend, ate your parents and otherwise ruined your lives.
    GET OVER IT. It's an MMO, for the love of god. There's plenty of them out there.
    I've seen people get over incredibly painful divorces in less time than it's taken many of the people around here to get over the old game.
    I preferred pre-CU and the CU to the NGE, hands down, no question, but what's done is done, and all the crying over a game that ostensibly died for you two-plus years ago -- along with the constant mockery of people who perhaps still play and enjoy the game -- is rather pathetic.
      Oh dont worry big guy .... Im definately over it. However anytime  I can chime in and let people know how much this game sucks, i will. Any time I can let people know what kind of ethical business they run over at SOE  .... I will. Any amount of customers I can cost them untill this game is shutdown is a win in my book.

Originally posted by Bama1267

Oh dont worry big guy .... Im definately over it. However anytime  I can chime in and let people know how much this game sucks, i will. Any time I can let people know what kind of ethical business they run over at SOE  .... I will. Any amount of customers I can cost them untill this game is shutdown is a win in my book.

See, and this right here is the reason I'm over here. There is a group of folks here that will see the eventual shutdown of SWG (since over a long enough timeline, the survivability of all games drops to zero) as some sort of victory, and to hell with the people who still play and enjoy it. There is a purposeful intent to destroy those people's enjoyment to achieve some kind of "victory." And that, IMHO, is wrong.

• Bama1267Bama1267 Member UncommonPosts: 1,822

Originally posted by Bama1267

See, and this right here is the reason I'm over here. There is a group of folks here that will see the eventual shutdown of SWG (since over a long enough timeline, the survivability of all games drops to zero) as some sort of victory, and to hell with the people who still play and enjoy it. There is a purposeful intent to destroy those people's enjoyment to achieve some kind of "victory." And that, IMHO, is wrong.

I don't really care what you think. And I don't care who is enjoying the piece of garbage over at SWG. What they did was unethical and to let it exist only says it is ok to do it in the future. In essence telling big business they can do what ever they want to the little consumer and they just have to take it.

And that IMHO is wrong kekeke.

back to OP  point / question....

Read the stickies... 

• ebonfireebonfire Member UncommonPosts: 160

Plain and simple..  There was over a million boxes sold prior to the NGE, and that means there is a very high percentage of gamers that have touched SWG.   Sony and Lucas Arts have forever hurt  their consumer base due to burning bridges with fans.  The echoes of anger will go on for a very long time, and just be glad they are limited to a few forums that you can ignore if you choose too.

• This forum is here because ex SWG players outnumber current ones at least 10-1.

Originally posted by salvaje

This forum is here because ex SWG players outnumber current ones at least 10-1.

nailed it , thx :)

• forthelulzforthelulz Member Posts: 215

we aren't going anywhere. get over it.

Originally posted by salvaje

This forum is here because ex SWG players outnumber current ones at least 10-1.

That's wonderful. That's also totally missing the point.

The fact that there even has to BE a forum because you people can't get over it is pathetic. Utterly, utterly pathetic.

• dokardokar Member Posts: 52

why should computer games be any different that TV shows that were cancelled (died).

Star Trek

Battlestar Galactica

Firefly

are supporters of those sad too?

Originally posted by dokar

why should computer games be any different that TV shows that were cancelled (died).
    Star Trek
    Battlestar Galactica
    Firefly

The people who constantly cry about it and can't get over that they are gone? Yes.

• akevvakevv Member Posts: 208

And your trolling in said forum is?

Akevv Ostone
    No Longer SWG Free :(

Originally posted by akevv

And your trolling in said forum is?

The product of me being bored at work.

And I forgot that anyone who doesn't kowtow to the "everything about SWG sucks monkey balls" company line around here is merely "trolling." Groupthink at its finest.

• akevvakevv Member Posts: 208

Originally posted by akevv And your trolling in said forum is?
    The product of me being bored at work.
    And I forgot that anyone who doesn't kowtow to the "everything about SWG sucks monkey balls" company line around here is merely "trolling." Groupthink at its finest.

And your opinion of "get over it" is unique as a snowflake? I think we have heard that line a few times before...

Akevv Ostone
    No Longer SWG Free :(

• smg77smg77 Member Posts: 672

Star Trek
    Battlestar Galactica
    Firefly

The people who constantly cry about it and can't get over that they are gone? Yes.

And yet here you are crying about us.

Originally posted by smg77

Star Trek
    Battlestar Galactica
    Firefly

And yet here you are crying about us.

Who's "crying"? I'm certainly not.

• napalmninjanapalmninja Member UncommonPosts: 114

whats really sad is that the ops going off on people teling others about the former glory of swg and possibly giving a warning to others that the game blows and ops going on a ten page rant on getting over things hey how about you get over it and quit being pathetic

or hey lets say you just got married and you love this man a lot and she goes to the doctor and comes back a girl then youll whine wont you

• Beatnik59Beatnik59 Member UncommonPosts: 2,413

Why does this forum even exist?

Good question.  To tell you the truth, it shouldn't exist.  Back before the "great schism," we used to be able to talk freely on the SWG General Discussion.  The fanbois got upset though that we were telling it like it is, so MMORPG.com created the "veterans refuge" in order to limit negative opinions about the current game.

Personally, I think it's stupid to have this forum too.  But the reason it won't go is because we'd then have to take our complaints to the SWG General Discussion, which will result in heated flames between the few fanbois and thedisproportionately large contingent of vets, making the game look as bad as it truly is.

So, in conclusion, all I have to say is "Mr. Wood, tear down this wall."

"...when it comes to pimping EVE I have little restraints."
    --Hellmar, CEO of CCP.

"It's like they took a gun, put it to their nugget sack and pulled the trigger over and over again, each time telling us how great it was that they were shooting themselves in the balls."
    --Exar_Kun on SWG's NGE

This discussion has been closed.