Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

answer to your prayers

so has any one had there prayers answered by crom yet and got a beta vite?

Comments

• dA_fReAKdA_fReAK Member Posts: 384

I'll just say yes, it wasn't to Crom though... but yes, it has been answered.

I wont say any more.

• SeggallionSeggallion Member UncommonPosts: 684

Are those prayers the part when the community has to humiliate themself to get a beta invite?

Yeah, pretty much... I felt so stupid doing it, but anyway...

I used a dummy account to do it anyway, dont have an account on the AoC community... im not that interested in it.

• singsofdeathsingsofdeath Member UncommonPosts: 1,812

No, they are the part where players try to be creative in the form of writing in order to win a contest....

As opposed to a certain other game where you had to -buy- merchandise to get a Beta-Key.

I suppose to each their own, eh?

Originally posted by singsofdeath

No, they are the part where players try to be creative in the form of writing in order to win a contest....

As opposed to a certain other game where you had to -buy- merchandise to get a Beta-Key.

Im guessing you're pointing at Warhammer Online... and the pre-order does not give you access to Closed Beta, its for the open beta phase when it starts.

And im guessing you're an AoC fanboi.. hey, nothing wrong with that... but im tired of WAR fans bashing on AoC and AoC fans bashing on WAR.

But honestly I lost all respect for Funcom after what they said about Darkfall. Yes im a fan, but still... what they did was show they have no ethics and are a bunch of nerds.

• BurnthebedBurnthebed Member Posts: 443

I'm sorry, at which point in writing a prayer on an internet forum did someone humiliate themself? I wrote one, and it was funny and awesome (no I did not win but thats because funcom cannot understand my beautiful american humor). At no point was I humiliated....noone pulled my pants down in public, or tripped me at the mall. My parents did not see me naked, or masturbating.

So again, point me in the direction of the humiliation?

Oh, and at least AoC is offering a beta period. Can't say as much for your great golden baby (Darkfall)...

The sleeper awakes...and rides his dirtbike to the mall.

• singsofdeathsingsofdeath Member UncommonPosts: 1,812

Originally posted by dA_fReAK

Im guessing you're pointing at Warhammer Online... and the pre-order does not give you access to Closed Beta, its for the open beta phase when it starts.

And im guessing you're an AoC fanboi.. hey, nothing wrong with that... but im tired of WAR fans bashing on AoC and AoC fans bashing on WAR.

But honestly I lost all respect for Funcom after what they said about Darkfall. Yes im a fan, but still... what they did was show they have no ethics and are a bunch of nerds.

Actually, no, I was not talking about the Pre-order. AoC has that, too. XD  It's a common practice I think.

I was talking about the thing where you could get a Beta-Key from a Comic-Book you could buy in stores.

And yes, I am a fan. *shrug* I am not bashing WAR. As I said, to each their own and I have repeatedly said that I wish WAR well and hope the people playing it have their fun. Some of my best friends will be playing WAR in fact (if it is good of course). So, no bashing from my side.

As for ethics in business. Bleh...that's a topic that would fill pages and pages. <.<

• waverat81waverat81 Member Posts: 287

Ahh so you lost all respect for Funcom last year? Interesting.

Actually, no, I was not talking about the Pre-order. AoC has that, too. XD  It's a common practice I think.

I was talking about the thing where you could get a Beta-Key from a Comic-Book you could buy in stores.

And yes, I am a fan. *shrug* I am not bashing WAR. As I said, to each their own and I have repeatedly said that I wish WAR well and hope the people playing it have their fun. Some of my best friends will be playing WAR in fact (if it is good of course). So, no bashing from my side.

As for ethics in business. Bleh...that's a topic that would fill pages and pages. <.<

Ah yeah I agree the comic book thing is kinda silly, just promoting their comics. oh well.

And hah yeah, that would fill up pages so lets not go there

Originally posted by Burnthebed

I'm sorry, at which point in writing a prayer on an internet forum did someone humiliate themself? I wrote one, and it was funny and awesome (no I did not win but thats because funcom cannot understand my beautiful american humor). At no point was I humiliated....noone pulled my pants down in public, or tripped me at the mall. My parents did not see me naked, or masturbating.
    Oh, and at least AoC is offering a beta period. Can't say as much for your great golden baby (Darkfall)...

Meh, you and I have very different views. Role Playing is pure GAY for me, lets get that out of the way. And im not bashing on RP'ers, I just hate it.

And well thats true that AoC is offering a beta period which sadly Darkfall doesn't seem to be. But dont go there, thats a different topic.

Since you're such a big fanboi, ill just tell you the beta is disappointing and I HOPE they delay it if they want a smooth release. They cant deliver a complete game by 5/20...

I'll just leave now, im pretty sure people will begin their bash session and start talking about Darkfall now because they have no other valid arguments. Meh.

Originally posted by waverat81

..... what?

• BurnthebedBurnthebed Member Posts: 443

Originally posted by Burnthebed

Meh, you and I have very different views. Role Playing is pure GAY for me, lets get that out of the way. And im not bashing on RP'ers, I just hate it.

And well thats true that AoC is offering a beta period which sadly Darkfall doesn't seem to be. But dont go there, thats a different topic.

Since you're such a big fanboi, ill just tell you the beta is disappointing and I HOPE they delay it if they want a smooth release. They cant deliver a complete game by 5/20...

I'll just leave now, im pretty sure people will begin their bash session and start talking about Darkfall now because they have no other valid arguments. Meh.

I've never RP'ed in my life =P so you and I have very similar views it seems. I wrote my prayer as a total joke, and I didn't even know any of the god's names.

Also, I'm no fanboi, let's clear that up while we are clearing things. I have a CE of WAR preordered, but no copy of AoC. I am skeptical of AoC's revolutionary combat system for one. I also don't see much depth to the game as it stands.

I am just a writer, and didn't like the implication of your post =D

The sleeper awakes...and rides his dirtbike to the mall.

"I've never RP'ed in my life =P so you and I have very similar views it seems. I wrote my prayer as a total joke, and I didn't even know any of the god's names.

Also, I'm no fanboi, let's clear that up while we are clearing things. I have a CE of WAR preordered, but no copy of AoC. I am skeptical of AoC's revolutionary combat system for one. I also don't see much depth to the game as it stands.

I am just a writer, and didn't like the implication of your post =D"

Ah well sorry I mis understood you, I did the same, wrote the prayer as a joke and got accepted.

My only concerns about AoC are if its gonna make it in time, it needs a lot more polish to be a real success.

And the realy I think WAR might (MIGHT) be more successful would be because WAR uses the same old mechanics that people are used to, and to be honest some prefer because its lazy friends. Button bashing!

And for its combat system... well its not really that twitch based either, you just end up spamming one button anyway to slash your sword.

Originally posted by waverat81

..... what?

I was just stating that the comments you are referring to that the AoC devs made were actually posted in March of 2007.

• Deathstrike2Deathstrike2 Member UncommonPosts: 1,777

Since when is pointing out your competition's weaknesses a violation of ethics?  If that's the case, I think someone should notify the entire business world.  Juts because they said something that you don't agree with doesn't make their statements unethical or even wrong for that matter.  In fact, you just called them nerds...does that make you unethical?

Originally posted by Deathstrike2

Since when is pointing out your competition's weaknesses a violation of ethics?  If that's the case, I think someone should notify the entire business world.  Juts because they said something that you don't agree with doesn't make their statements unethical or even wrong for that matter.  In fact, you just called them nerds...does that make you unethical?

Other than the reference to the AoC devs being nerds I could somewhat understand his stance if the video in question was actually made by the DF devs.  It was a fan made video, and he was commenting on how the video made him feel.