Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG is for partying

I played some mmorpgs: FFXI, Dofus, Flyff and Rappelz.

I started playing FFXI but I ran out of money and then played dofus but it where boring,then Flyff its very easy, and theres no real partying in it. so started playing Rappelz wich is easy to, and there didnt come any party eithere. Now after a half year Im playing FFXI again and I have fun again. You guys sure know its and party based game and you cant go futhere from lv 10 - 15 without party. So aint party mmorpgs the only fun mmorpgs, just want to know if I'm wrong

And could you help me with a party mmorpg list? I saw someone write that DDO is party foccused, please say if it aint.

I start, and I update when somebody want to put in anothere game in the list, so say and I will write it up

Dont hope you hate that I put the games in boxes like that but trying to make it easyer for people to find a  game they like, we can make more categorys, so we bild a little system and then close it when its finished, please write if you have anything I can use for this little project :)

Only party foccused MMORPGs

Final Fantasy XI - Buy here

Party foccused MMORPGs

D&D Online - Buy here

Zu Online - Download here

Rappelz -

Old style MMORPGs with low partying or games with wrong partying

Fly For Fun - 

There's always I chance for something new and exciting to happen, so I can always wait until tomorrow.

Comments

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

Meh

• VapiantVapiant Member Posts: 56

So u with me?? or what XD

There's always I chance for something new and exciting to happen, so I can always wait until tomorrow.

• likwidsagelikwidsage Member UncommonPosts: 90

I'm with you that Party centered games are the funnest games, but it's iffy since not having a healer or tank online puts everything on hold. On top of that I also like constant improvement in character, even if it's a small amount. I played FFXI as a WHM as well, and the thing that killed the game for me was the huge waiting you had to do when searching for parties. Money was too big of a deal for me since I had several crafts leveled to 60 and up. But it was VERY VERY annoying to get the crafts up that high.

Guild Wars was the most party focused game I've ever played until everyone started using heroes instead of people. And it did it well since every class had it's own focus as well as other things, such as tanks being able to heal to a certain amount. So having 1 or 2 good tanks wouldn't require a primary healer, rather a secondary healer would have worked. But now heroes and henchies are used, so finding parties is near impossible with the exception of runs and what not.

Zu Online is also a good party focused game. This is the game I play now and so far it's the best mix I've tested yet. It's not a crazy grindfest because the quests allow you level very quickly mostly needing only 4-5 quests at the level I'm at now, level 48. In the begining you solo for a while, but even then you find parties that are doing similar quests. Also they give added bonuses for partying. For example, having 3 people in your party would give like 200% xp or pet walking, which is training you pet, in parties is done alot fast with a full group. Because of the added bonuse, you'll see people constantly searching for parties online requesting boss killing groups, quest groups, pet walking, as well as event groups. Events are like contests and groups are constantly looked for when the event occurs. The community is very helpful and that makes the game seem a bit funner, and you don't have to worry about walking from here to the edge of the earth just fight some boss and then walk all the way back. In the game, the have rides, which are like transporters to different places within a city. If you want to get out of a city, the same NPC can teleport you there. I've played almost every single MMO, p2p and f2p, and so far Zu Online is exactly what I was looking for after Guild Wars got ruined by heroes and henchies. Really the only thing that sucks in the game is PK, but it's alot better than other games since I'm level 48 now and only got killed twice. And if people PK in your faction's area, which where you spend most of the time, they gaurds to protect the area.

Thank you helpful, i dint expect replys already

But how do u get Zu online??

Is there enough partying in WOW to put it in the list??

• OrthedosOrthedos Member Posts: 1,771
    Originally posted by Vapiant

People seldom team up in WoW till max level.  They team up for PVP or raiding mainly.

• JixxJixx Member Posts: 159

Nope.  FF should be forced to take the RP out of MMORPG and just be called a MMOG.

Its a game that basically forces you to play a role.  Its not true role playing when the mechanics of the game force you to play a certain one.

FF would have been better off allowing people to kill mobs of the same level.  This getting a f ull group just kill a similar level mobs is dumb.  The may as well take the con colors off of the mobs names because they are totally meaningless.

FF Online goes against every other FF game out there.  Where you group to kill harder monsters not similar level monsters.

You go on an adventure  with your charrecter and you choose your own way so it is an mmorpg, { Mod Edit } it doesnt matter if its different from otheres mmorpgs or rpgs and people dont care. people shouldnt borthere about these thinks or not write it.

Yea but dont they only do it dungeons or something??

Originally posted by Orthedos

People seldom team up in WoW till max level.  They team up for PVP or raiding mainly.

Yea but dont they only party for dungeon or something its not really party foccused right?? and I dont think the pvp counts.

You go on an adventure  with your charrecter and you choose your own way so it is an mmorpg, all u wrote where shit, it doesnt matter if its different from otheres mmorpgs or rpgs and people dont care. people shouldnt borthere about these thinks or not write it.

You are telling that you can choose your own way in FF?

This is how I saw FFs gamplay pan out...

From this level to this level you hunt here and wear this armor.  

You are telling my in FF you have to pick a specific weapon based on your class?  Hell I remember have to specifically use a sword on my warrior because it was designed to do more damage with the warrior class than an Axe.

The game mechanics of FF tell you exactly how you will play your characters, where you will play, what items you will use. 

Its roleplaying when you can make your own choices.  About the only choice you get in FF is whether or not you logon. 

{ Mod Edit }

lol u reallly havent been thinking about this cuz, a armor or specified for a special class is in most mmorpgs and yea I know that warriors are best using great axes, paladins sword and sheild, red mage staff, dragoon spear, samurai great katana, ninjas katana... but guess wat idk, cuz I better like a paladin with a great sword so when my warrior becomes a paladin lv 10 I'll buy him a great sword, my red mages are fighting with sword and sheild, but also warriors looks cool with great axes and dragoons cool with spear/lance, samurais ofcause katana, a player would choose the weap they thinks fit to the char they have and they can in othere games you need to have a weap that fits  to your class ex flyff and rappelz but thats only the armor in rappelz.

the support job lets you build up your charecter like you want and yea theres someways there are better than otheres but who cares if you wanna be war/whm you can be that in a party, they  will accept you any way, if they aint noobs, and there aint many of them. (I mean noobs that only accept players that are building there charrecters the "best" way)

what are you playing and why are taking this up its the wrong topic you wriding in you know, you should make a topic called "what is an real mmorpg and what are just mmogs" then people that care about it will write with you. :)

Hi I have just Installed Zu Online but want to know wich class I should be If im going to be tank? cuz I like to be that :)

Take some of your own advice.  Is the thread about soloing vs partying or is it about you not being able to make up your mind and just play a game?  What you have FF telling you how to play the game,  you need people telling you what game to play?

Originally posted by Jixx

Take some of your own advice.  Is the thread about soloing vs partying or is it about you not being able to make up your mind and just play a game?  What you have FF telling you how to play the game,  you need people telling you what game to play?

Its thread about soloing vs partying cuz in many games soloing and leeching ruins the real partying, partying should be where you fight togethere as a team and not fighting in different places of the current game world like in flyff. and about FF why im against what you saying is because its much wheres in othere games rappelz and flyff haves 1 way to do the adventure for each job or race and the differents from the adventures aint big.

So what are you playing that have so many choices or where  they dont tell you how to play the game? cuz I've never seen a game like that XD and thats might anothere thing why I'm against what you say about FF

• dA_fReAKdA_fReAK Member Posts: 384

lol.... some people are just... ugh... mere words can not describe them.

• kilsylemiakilsylemia Member Posts: 3

""""Take some of your own advice.  Is the thread about soloing vs partying or is it about you not being able to make up your mind and just play a game?  What you have FF telling you how to play the game,  you need people telling you what game to play?"""

Originally posted by dA_fReAK

lol.... some people are just... ugh... mere words can not describe them.
    Cuz i dont like soloing or cuz I dont know any game thats like he want mmorpgs to be like. or am I missing something?

and i just like FFXI very very much and then I wanna find anothere game like that, cuz FFXI doesnt really work on my vista