Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a new gaming rig?

ValharanValharan Member Posts: 190

So I just stumbled across this site www.juggware.com and was looking through their products and saw the JGX1.08 system. This thing is just silly, and from what I can gather it's straight bleeding edge tech. Some of the hardware I can't even find to buy.

So what do you guys think, I have a few thousand to spend and was wondering if just for the sheer shock and awe factor, assuming you have the disposable cash to spend would you buy it?

Edit: They have a lower end gaming rig but which is still a nice system, but I want top of the line so I didn't add it into consideration.

Comments

• rikiliirikilii Member UncommonPosts: 1,084

I think you'd have to be a fool to spend almost 10K on a computer to play video games, no matter how much money you have.

• ValharanValharan Member Posts: 190

Well think about it this way, I spend about 1-2k a year upgrading my PC I know most people don't however. But even if it averages out to 500 a year that machine will be a powerful rig for the next 5 years? 10 years? You shouldnt have to do many upgrades at all if any period. Now if you add that in it doesnt seem like such a huge investment at all.

Just because something costs alot now doesnt mean it is a poor choice or in the long run outrageously expensive when you look at it in the right light.

• dawn3000dawn3000 Member Posts: 24
    u can get a great rig for 2k and have 8k left for upgrades when needed... u will be highend for many many more years that way.
  • HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851

Don't be fooled with that crap, 10k is a lot for the junk that it has. If you can't build a PC your losing out on thousands already but my next best alternative is to go with this Alien Ware Cross Fire ALX

Starting at a little more than 5k you can play around with your choices and increase it if you wish, they have a quad over clocked at 4.0ghz beating the other site you showed.

Word to the wise, right now there isn't a game out there that can run on 4 cores and very few that even run on 2 cores. As a gamer 2core should be what your looking at as a quad is just a waste of money unless you do graphic design 3d max/maya that sort of deal. That being said like others said you can get a nice rig that will last at least 2yrs without updating and playing the latest games till that time for about 2-3k. If money isn't a problem have fun blowing it, wish I had that type of money.

[[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • VladarionVladarion Member UncommonPosts: 204

For that amount of money you could build all of us who have posted so far an amazing pc.  That would be a great way and nice way to spend your money, but lol we know that won't happen.  As for that pc, i'm sorry, but i've got to say no way would i ever blow 10k on a computer when i could build one for that amount that is literally 10 to even 20 times better.  That's all i've got to say on the matter, wish i could have that amount of money lol.

• MipzMipz Member Posts: 22
    Originally posted by Valharan

So I just stumbled across this site www.juggware.com and was looking through their products and saw the JGX1.08 system. This thing is just silly, and from what I can gather it's straight bleeding edge tech. Some of the hardware I can't even find to buy.

So what do you guys think, I have a few thousand to spend and was wondering if just for the sheer shock and awe factor, assuming you have the disposable cash to spend would you buy it?

Edit: They have a lower end gaming rig but which is still a nice system, but I want top of the line so I didn't add it into consideration.

all that stuff is on the market www.newegg.com

but if you dont feel like building it your self and save alot of money dont spend that much www.ibuypower.com is cheaper then that.... and its the same specs
  • rmk70rmk70 Member UncommonPosts: 408

I think you should take up a drug habit; seems more productive than spending that much on one computer, let alone the amount spent on upgrades per year.

• HashbrickHashbrick Member RarePosts: 1,851

Actually I want to shed some more light on the subject to help your decision. I seen you said just because it is outrageously expensive doesn't mean it will be a bad purchase.

I disagree here 100 times over, the PC component industry is extremely fast what is new tech today is not a couple months down the road. This is why you stay low and upgrade gradually. When you upgrade the only thing you really need to worry about is RAM and Video Card. Video Cards are expensive yes but you don't need the next one pronto to keep up with technology, if you get a 3.2ghz + processor your going to be good for many years. 4gigs of ram will also keep you set for many years. Your motherboard is always good until the next leap from PCI-E becomes mainstream, or a new socket type is born.

Any way you'd be throwing away a lot of money for something that would only be top dog for a couple months.

[[ DEAD ]] - Funny - I deleted my account on the site using the cancel account button.  Forum user is separate and still exists with no way of deleting it. Delete it admins. Do it, this ends now.
  • FreddyNoNoseFreddyNoNose Member Posts: 1,558

OP, don't throw away your money.  Spend $1500.00 and put the rest into oil stocks for six months.

• CzzarreCzzarre Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,742

Fact is, give it enough RAM and a good game card, you can play any game you want on a Dell

Torrential

• Calintz333Calintz333 Member UncommonPosts: 1,193

Yep I can run any game out there today just fine on a $2,300 dollar Laptop, Spending $10,000 bucks on a desktop is insane, You could find my laptop's build for under $1,300 dollars in a desktop form and be able to run Anything you want to run.

Just a Dell Inspiron 1520 Fully upgraded.

• CreasianCreasian Member UncommonPosts: 112

Well think about it this way, I spend about 1-2k a year upgrading my PC I know most people don't however. But even if it averages out to 500 a year that machine will be a powerful rig for the next 5 years? 10 years? You shouldnt have to do many upgrades at all if any period. Now if you add that in it doesnt seem like such a huge investment at all.

Just because something costs alot now doesnt mean it is a poor choice or in the long run outrageously expensive when you look at it in the right light.
    You do realize that the LGA775 Socket is pretty much EoL this year, with nephlem.  That machine will not be good in 5 years, at all.  For gaming, the BEST you can hope for is 3 years, where as 2 years is the lifecycle for most gaming rigs.

Nvidia T200 and ATI R700 will eat the Gx2 alive, as it is nothing but 2 underclocked 8800GTS 512 G92's slapped together poorly.  G92 is just a shrink from G80, and not something huge.  T200 will be the next new nvidia gpu and will be the thing to buy next, or the ATI R700.

There is 1 single important that that a gaming rig has that cant be upgraded.  The motherboard.  The mobo they use is a EoL LGA775, has DDR3 that wont ever see the benefits of the memory controller lifted from the NB to the cpu itself, and is a upgrade not a future proof mobo.

10k, for that utter crap, would be pitiful. 

Also.. what the heck do you spend 1-2k a year on for upgrades? 

Alright.. now wait a second here..

How in the heck can someone who finds a way to spend 1-2k a YEAR upgrading their pc consider any pc to last 5-10?  That is just... silly.. to contradict yourself that bad.

• TeflonEddieTeflonEddie Member Posts: 270

Always buy within your means; If you can afford to pay 2k a year then why not spend 6k for a machine that's going to last for 3 years with zero upgrades. It all depends on how much disposable income you have.

I just paid £4000 (that's around $8000 at current exchange rates) for my new alienware and I don't regret it in the slightest. It'll continue to play like a dream for a couple of years and I could afford to lay out the cash so I figure what's the downside?

• xpyrofuryxxpyrofuryx Member CommonPosts: 1,587

If you buy that you are too stupid to know how to work it.

• HousamHousam Member Posts: 1,460

ITS OVERPRICE BY A FEW THOUSAD DOLLARS...YOU CAN BUILD IT FOR HALF THE PRICE...

• joeybootsjoeyboots Member UncommonPosts: 628

Agreed. Any one of us who knows how to build a pc, can build that setup for at least half the price (probably even less). If Frivolity And Wastefullness are fetishes of yours, then by all means.......

• BigfootBigfoot Member Posts: 364

I've never even heard of them before.  If you want a boutique to build you a computer, use http://www.pugetsystems.com/ or http://www.maingear.com/

Looking for something new.

Ok, I did some lookin around (i searched every part to a "T"), and I can confirm that the killer rig you want, if done by a friend or yourself, can be built for less than 5 grand, somewhere in the ballpark of $4800 (U.S Dollars). I found all those parts on newegg.com and tigerdirect.com, and added in the best deals from either site. Dude, please don't waste all that money on that rig. You can have an uber gaming rig, that also powers your time machine, while Nostradamus gives you palm readings, and Oprah wipes your ass, without spending 10k.

Originally posted by joeyboots

Ok, I did some lookin around (i searched every part to a "T"), and I can confirm that the killer rig you want, if done by a friend or yourself, can be built for less than 5 grand, somewhere in the ballpark of $4800 (U.S Dollars). I found all those parts on newegg.com and tigerdirect.com, and added in the best deals from either site. Dude, please don't waste all that money on that rig. You can have an uber gaming rig, that also powers your time machine, while Nostradamus gives you palm readings, and Oprah wipes your ass, without spending 10k.

dam you..beat me to it...:) i was doing the same thing :)

Originally posted by Housam

Lol, right on. I'm glad someone else thinks like me. It's cool that the OP is trying to go "bleeding edge" and all, but he is going about it completely wrong. The mentality " If I spend more, than it's better", is just rediculous. The right frame of mind is...."I'm going to get the best tech for the best price". The thing is, (I run a small custom pc shop btw) a lot of these custom pc companies, are charging way more than they should for these "uber rigs", simply because the people who buy them don't know any better. Anyone with even a rudimentary knowledge of the pc market and current tech (don't have to know how to build one), can cross-check the parts for a "custom pc" from one of these companies, from others and decipher which is the best deal. But people seek out the higher priced ones with the same exact parts, and somehow think it's better "Cause I spent more money".

Originally posted by Housam

Lol, right on. I'm glad someone else thinks like me. It's cool that the OP is trying to go "bleeding edge" and all, but he is going about it completely wrong. The mentality " If I spend more, than it's better", is just rediculous. The right frame of mind is...."I'm going to get the best tech for the best price". The thing is, (I run a small custom pc shop btw) a lot of these custom pc companies, are charging way more than they should for these "uber rigs", simply because the people who buy them don't know any better. Anyone with even a rudimentary knowledge of the pc market and current tech (don't have to know how to build one), can cross-check the parts for a "custom pc" from one of these companies, from others and decipher which is the best deal. But people seek out the higher priced ones with the same exact parts, and somehow think it's better "Cause I spent more money".

this is true most people lack knowledge on pc hardware and prices, or how to build a computer. they find it to intimidating when in reality it as easy as piss...and the custome build/ pc company know of this and milk their build like crazy.

for example my rig cost be £1000 to build with no moniter keyboard an mouse and this site http://www.vadim.co.uk/ will build my exact rig for £2100+

• Varlok91Varlok91 Member Posts: 396

If you think ANY computer will last 5-10 years and keep up with all the new games your living in a fantasy world. Technology moves fast, its better to spend 1-2k on a system now and then 3 years laster build another 1-2k system and repeat than blow 10k on one purchase.

--------------------------------
    Desktop - AMD 8450 Tri Core, 3 gigs of DDR2 800 RAM, ATI HD 3200 Graphics, Windows Vista Home Premium 64-bit
    Laptop (Dell Latitude E6400) - Intel P8400, 2 GIGs of RAM, Intel X4500, Windows XP Professional

Originally posted by Varlok91

If you think ANY computer will last 5-10 years and keep up with all the new games your living in a fantasy world. Technology moves fast, its better to spend 1-2k on a system now and then 3 years laster build another 1-2k system and repeat than blow 10k on one purchase.

not even console las that long........val..what are you talking about....not all games are like wow....do you really think you can run crysis on a high end windows 98 computer

• forthelulzforthelulz Member Posts: 215

you can build better cheaper...LOTS cheaper

this site isn't bad if you must buy pre-built:

www.cyberpowerpc.com/killer/

• waverat81waverat81 Member Posts: 287

Sort of on topic.  What would some of you suggest for a semi future proof mobo?  Basically meaning something that I could add to for atleast a few years.  I really got burned with my last build (socket 939 AMD).