Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If you could live at any other period in history...

2»

Comments

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627

I dunno...probably way in the future...but I want to be able to pick the time after viewing vids or something of the future time I could go to.   Would have to have space travel - even to other star systems.    Yep...the future.   There is nothing in the past that really interest me.

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

I'd go into the future and get some information, come back and use that to get rich.

Once I do that, I hire some scientists and tell them to make me a time machine  :D

• PelagatoPelagato Member UncommonPosts: 673

Future seems to be going Chaotic... into a complete mess up... like some sort of terminator, matrix or something like that....  the only good one is  in SciFi...

I guess I will take in the past, way hard into the past, like in that movie 10000 bc.. no wait.. just thinking.. I better hit Roman times...

• PoisonIvy84PoisonIvy84 Member Posts: 50
    Originally posted by mike470

I'd go into the future and get some information, come back and use that to get rich.
    Once I do that, I hire some scientists and tell them to make me a time machine  :D

Yes i would say the future as well  if we have a future that is.

• PelagatoPelagato Member UncommonPosts: 673

hm... interesting point... how can we get into the future if we are the ones right now making history... and the future has not yet been build up.....

you are writing in a paper... you know what you just wrote in the first line but how to know what is in the last one... if you are writing right in the middle of the paper...?????

• TechleoTechleo Member Posts: 1,984

I rather like the era I'm in now. Albeit if I were given the chance to travel back in time Id go back 5 years and do a little do over on a few small things. Other then that I'm Happy as can be

• bamboob3bamboob3 Member Posts: 33

in the present. I'll make my own history ha ha ha

~~ONLY WINNER WRITES HISTORY~~

• solmkassolmkas Member Posts: 34

Of course in the future, one day we don't need gas for car.

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912

When I was younger I would have said 1000 years in the future. But today, I fear it will be a dark and bleak society, nothing I really want to see anymore.

If I could chose the how, I would like to live in 19th century as an educated gentleman, maybe in London. Seeing all the rise of the modern era, new sciences, discoveries... living in a time when the world still was big. Or in the era of Napoleon, then join the war and die for something foolishly idealistic in a cavalry charge! Seems we are out of worthy ideals these days. It may be the ideals of those days are foolish in our modern eyes, yes, but I often suffer from the cold and "ratioal" era we live in, when nothing is worth fighting for as it seems to me, and all ideas look like shades of grey.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert