Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

High!!

sassykittensassykitten Member Posts: 4

Smiles - i just wanna fly high and fight in the air )  only one other game o fly in i want another ) that it PW=Perfect world . and i love it

Im just hoping that you really  dont have to choose side or have a separate sever one for good on for evil ... some times im in a good mood some time i want to be a little bit naughty !!!)

Comments

• IsUberLeetIsUberLeet Member Posts: 104

I'm pretty sure it's been stated you can have all classes of a single race on one server but to have both factions you need to play on two servers, also I believe there will be fighting in the sky however it's been a while since I checked up on this game things may have changed.

• glissonglisson Member Posts: 30

What I read was that you had 2 forms of flying, there was travel flying which lasted along time, then there was combat flying which only lasted like 45 seconds to start with. The way I understand you can make your flying last longer buy upgrades or something but im not sure how. I played perfect world for awhile and it was one of the things I liked about that game. Im looking forward to this game because it will be based on a better engine and game design and a better pvp system. Also wont be f2p which usually turns out better.

• 1337Mercenar1337Mercenar Member Posts: 84

I clearly heard in an interview that flying will not be used as means of travel.  If you said you read about it being used as travel can you find me a link?

Cant find the link for the original atm. Here is a quote someone copied from the original link.

Quote:

* PVP is possible in ALL areas, not just the abyss. Abyss is just in the middle though so it'll be most common. You bet we'll be rushing their zones and raping their lowbies as often as possible, as using flight you can get to the enemy's side. Griefing gogo.

* Air combat is confirmed to be very fast paced; it'll be WASD movement and mouse look only, much like a FPS. Normal movement can be click or WASD, whichever you like.

* There WILL be player housing, if not by release than implemented shortly after. Clan housing will also be available; and you will be able to pick where it's at too, and decorate it.

* Guild Emblems won't show up like L2; instead they show up on your guild's flags and can be used as decoration for armor and weapondry.

* If you "farm" a monster too long, it will evolve and become stronger. Antibot <3.

* The weapon enchant system is apparently very similar to the materia system of FF7. That should be... Totally amazing.

* Closed beta cap is 25, open beta is 50, final level cap is unknown.

* The dragon race won't have wings or tails, and the Asmodians (the devils) apparently don't grow wings either, but can still fly. It's unknown as to how right now, I would imagine they either get like semi-seethrough darkness wings or are propelled by magic. Both sides will have the same cooldown and flight length.

* Knowing when to fly, when to knock your opponent out of the sky and when to attack air-to-ground is apparently going to be important for PVP.

* Day and night change just like real life and there's an active weather system. Weather is confirmed to effect the environment AND... Skills? Should be interesting. I would imagine weather effects Flight, too, but that's just my speculation.

* Aion will NOT be focused on dungeons and will not require players to run instance dungeons or dungeons in general in order to succeed and get good equipment. (Of course not; you're supposed to chill in the Abyss.)

* There will be an auction house.

* The only time you can fight your own faction is in the arenas or duel mode.

* World will not be seemless, it will be zoned with 2-3 second loadings... This worries me about spawnkilling. Regardless, it's lineage-2 like.

* There are 4 basic classes (Warrior, Scout, Wizard, Cleric) that branch off into 8 classes (Knight, Fighter, Ranger, Assassin, Wizard, Elementalist, Priest, Enchanter.) You can think of these as Elven Knights, Rogues, Dark Wizards, etc. They further branch off into another two classes, for a total of 16 each. It's unknown if each side has different classes, though people are assuming they don't. Check the Classes Thread for more info on actual classes, and it'll probably be a lot more updated.

* One press release fron NCSoft clearly and energetically states that there will be no instances... But another one says that there will be. Good fucking job, NCSoft. We don't know if there will or won't be, as a result.

* There are plenty of floating cities that can only be reached by flying or taking a floating platform/airship. The Angel's "capitol" for example is suspended in the sky.

* Flight time is limited, think of it as a skill. You have a set amount of time you can fly and it has a cooldown. Items will be able to extend these but they don't believe that time will increase with levels. "Learning to use your flight time will be essential in PVP." For long, long distance there's a teleport system like L2. For short range, there's apparently an "auto-pilot" like thing for flight where you choose your destination and you'll go.

* Character customization is pretty damned nice. You can pick from some hairstyles (I would imagine about as many as GUild Wars allows, which is a good variety). You can then choose the color of the hair and skin. There's a sweet system that allows you to shape your face, and you'll also be able to alter eye color and choose your voice. Tattoos are present a well and are available for the face, and possibly other areas. They're also making a height/weight system that you can use to make your character anywhere from skinny to fat.

* Raising your PVP rank changes your wings and makes them sweeter looking, but as of right now they will not get more effective as they change. This fact is one of the reasons that I believe the Asmodians will get "dark energy wings", because uh... To leave that part out of them entirely is kind of rediculous. Then again, maybe you'll grow horns or some shit.

* There's no mounts in Aion. Why do you need them? You have wings. Shut up.

* Party size is 6 and apparently raids will probably be limited to 1 party. That means raiding should take a pretty long time and be a little more intense than "heal him. Spam hate." I'm worried that this will result in "prime parties" where certain classes won't get to raid because people will want an enchanter or a tank instead, but who knows.

* The game's looks are described as "dream-like" and if you haven't seen the movies they resemble Fable, with the exception of humans which look quite a bit more realistic. It's by far the best-looking MMO so far, absolutely no contest. The water effects are awesome and the sky is (as expected) the best looking I've seen in any game.

* Skills can be chained in a combo fashion, depending on the weapon you use. "Length of skill chains cannot be modified." What the fuck does that mean? Preset combos?

* There will be castles a-la L2 and guilds that get them will get special crap from NPCs (like books of giants from L2, lol) and will get tax money. Where have I heard this system before?

* You get PVP points for smoking people and they can be exchanged for high-end armors and weapons.

* The weapon and armor system is fucking neat. Not only can they be dyed like Guld Wars, but if you find a weapon that has a look you like and a weapon later that has higher stats, it's possible to change the new weapon's look to the one you like. This means it's going to be damned hard to judge opponent's strength, I bet, since you can't just be like "drac bow o shi-". It'll be cool to see how this pans out.

* NCSoft expects a flat $15 USD monthly fee, but it's possible it'll change. Release is expected April of 2008, possibly earlier.

* Aion runs on the CryENGINE1, which is the same engine FarCry ran on. It has better graphics and physics than the U3 engine and less system requirements. It's currently the only MMO being developed on CryE1.

* In the abyss, the 3rd faction (the neutral dragons) apparently gank both sides. This is obviously Anti-bot with an excuse, and it's an EXCELLENT idea.

* Aion is planned for 3000-5000 players per server, and there will be euro and asian servers. It's unconfirmed if euro players can get on U.S. servers.

* There's no character collision in Aion. That means no "MOVE FAGGOT WTF" blocking like in L2. In short, you can move through monsters and players.

* You can move while using skills, so combat is quite a bit similar to WoW.

* There's no info yet on if there will be Set Bonuses for armor, as they were in L2 but not Guild Wars. I would imagine there will be, though. There's also no info on if there will be a L2-esque grade system, or if it will be stats requirement a-la guild wars, or a simple direct level requirement.

* Stats are going to be static like L2 but there's a chance to custom mod them... Like L2.
  • NekokekiNekokeki Member UncommonPosts: 76

oooooo, nice info thank you :)

• valunvalun Member UncommonPosts: 203
    Release is expected April of 2008, possibly earlier. /crymodeON

Are you stupid? Do you think i'm gonna waste my life for real life?image
  • lyankyjlyankyj Member Posts: 63

Little correction here:

- CBT cap in stage 1 was 25, stage to will be extend it  to 35. There was never an announcement about OB.

- Asmodian dont grow wings is an old thing. They wont have feathered ones, instead they have bat-like ones.

- The "weather affects skills' feature was removed from the game,  however will affect the growth of crafting materials and other things.

- There was no press release about "no dungeons in Aion". Theyve said from beginning 10% of the game will be instanced. For story missions and for some raids.

- Raids (or Force as koreans refer to it) will be with 4 party max, which is 24 players.

- There will be set bonuses, but only in end-game contents.

- THERE ARE NO ANNOUNCED RELEASE DATES!!!!!!!! only estimated ones, which are highly doubtful.

(best estimated release in Korea is May-June and Sept-Nov EU/US release)

If  you guys have more questions, feel free to check the Ultimate FAQ of AionSource:

CLICK

• EphimeroEphimero Member Posts: 1,860
    Originally posted by glisson

Cant find the link for the original atm. Here is a quote someone copied from the original link.
    Quote:

* PVP is possible in ALL areas, not just the abyss. Abyss is just in the middle though so it'll be most common. You bet we'll be rushing their zones and raping their lowbies as often as possible, as using flight you can get to the enemy's side. Griefing gogo.
    Kinda wrong. PVP is possible in ALL areas, however, there are some conditions for PVP outside the abyss, while the abyss is FFA, the 2 main lands rely on direct portals in order to engage pvp, other than that, intra-race duels and arenas. Hard to grief considering portals link zones of the same level.

* Air combat is confirmed to be very fast paced; it'll be WASD movement and mouse look only, much like a FPS. Normal movement can be click or WASD, whichever you like.
    True.

* There WILL be player housing, if not by release than implemented shortly after. Clan housing will also be available; and you will be able to pick where it's at too, and decorate it.
    I'd expect it on expansions

* Guild Emblems won't show up like L2; instead they show up on your guild's flags and can be used as decoration for armor and weapondry.
    They'll show on capes and shields.

* If you "farm" a monster too long, it will evolve and become stronger. Antibot <3.
    Been a while since the last time I heard about this, about a year and a half, would need a recent confirmation, else i'd think it was dropped.

* The weapon enchant system is apparently very similar to the materia system of FF7. That should be... Totally amazing.
    No idea, but materia system of FF7 is more related with the stygma concept, which would let players get skills from other classes later ingame.

Final level is 50 afaik.

* The dragon race won't have wings or tails, and the Asmodians (the devils) apparently don't grow wings either, but can still fly. It's unknown as to how right now, I would imagine they either get like semi-seethrough darkness wings or are propelled by magic. Both sides will have the same cooldown and flight length.
    This is a quite old rumor that was totally destroyed when asmodians where revealed.

* Knowing when to fly, when to knock your opponent out of the sky and when to attack air-to-ground is apparently going to be important for PVP.
    seems so.

* Day and night change just like real life and there's an active weather system. Weather is confirmed to effect the environment AND... Skills? Should be interesting. I would imagine weather effects Flight, too, but that's just my speculation.
    Skills being affected by weather it's not gonna make it at release afaik.

* Aion will NOT be focused on dungeons and will not require players to run instance dungeons or dungeons in general in order to succeed and get good equipment. (Of course not; you're supposed to chill in the Abyss.)
    let's wait and see.

ya

True that.

* World will not be seemless, it will be zoned with 2-3 second loadings... This worries me about spawnkilling. Regardless, it's lineage-2 like.
    only zone you'd get spawnkilled in is the abyss, so dunno how  that can be worrysome.

* There are 4 basic classes (Warrior, Scout, Wizard, Cleric) that branch off into 8 classes (Knight, Fighter, Ranger, Assassin, Wizard, Elementalist, Priest, Enchanter.) You can think of these as Elven Knights, Rogues, Dark Wizards, etc. They further branch off into another two classes, for a total of 16 each. It's unknown if each side has different classes, though people are assuming they don't. Check the Classes Thread for more info on actual classes, and it'll probably be a lot more updated.
    Both races have the same classes with some skills differences, names were changed also.

* One press release fron NCSoft clearly and energetically states that there will be no instances... But another one says that there will be. Good fucking job, NCSoft. We don't know if there will or won't be, as a result.
    90% seamless is the last report.

* There are plenty of floating cities that can only be reached by flying or taking a floating platform/airship. The Angel's "capitol" for example is suspended in the sky.
    True

* Flight time is limited, think of it as a skill. You have a set amount of time you can fly and it has a cooldown. Items will be able to extend these but they don't believe that time will increase with levels. "Learning to use your flight time will be essential in PVP." For long, long distance there's a teleport system like L2. For short range, there's apparently an "auto-pilot" like thing for flight where you choose your destination and you'll go.
    There will be scripted flight for some teleporting, not much of that however.

* Character customization is pretty damned nice. You can pick from some hairstyles (I would imagine about as many as GUild Wars allows, which is a good variety). You can then choose the color of the hair and skin. There's a sweet system that allows you to shape your face, and you'll also be able to alter eye color and choose your voice. Tattoos are present a well and are available for the face, and possibly other areas. They're also making a height/weight system that you can use to make your character anywhere from skinny to fat.
    Video shows that.

* Raising your PVP rank changes your wings and makes them sweeter looking, but as of right now they will not get more effective as they change. This fact is one of the reasons that I believe the Asmodians will get "dark energy wings", because uh... To leave that part out of them entirely is kind of rediculous. Then again, maybe you'll grow horns or some shit.
    Long time i've not heard about that, I wouldn't take it for sure.

True that.

* Party size is 6 and apparently raids will probably be limited to 1 party. That means raiding should take a pretty long time and be a little more intense than "heal him. Spam hate." I'm worried that this will result in "prime parties" where certain classes won't get to raid because people will want an enchanter or a tank instead, but who knows.
    Party made out of 6 people, forces made out of 24 people.

* The game's looks are described as "dream-like" and if you haven't seen the movies they resemble Fable, with the exception of humans which look quite a bit more realistic. It's by far the best-looking MMO so far, absolutely no contest. The water effects are awesome and the sky is (as expected) the best looking I've seen in any game.
    Tastes, i sure love it, others may hate it.

* Skills can be chained in a combo fashion, depending on the weapon you use. "Length of skill chains cannot be modified." What the fuck does that mean? Preset combos?
    No idea about this, combos are there tho.

* There will be castles a-la L2 and guilds that get them will get special crap from NPCs (like books of giants from L2, lol) and will get tax money. Where have I heard this system before?
    seems so

* You get PVP points for smoking people and they can be exchanged for high-end armors and weapons.
    seems so

* The weapon and armor system is fucking neat. Not only can they be dyed like Guld Wars, but if you find a weapon that has a look you like and a weapon later that has higher stats, it's possible to change the new weapon's look to the one you like. This means it's going to be damned hard to judge opponent's strength, I bet, since you can't just be like "drac bow o shi-". It'll be cool to see how this pans out.
    seems so also

* NCSoft expects a flat $15 USD monthly fee, but it's possible it'll change. Release is expected April of 2008, possibly earlier.
    april 2008! not :<

* Aion runs on the CryENGINE1, which is the same engine FarCry ran on. It has better graphics and physics than the U3 engine and less system requirements. It's currently the only MMO being developed on CryE1.
    true

* In the abyss, the 3rd faction (the neutral dragons) apparently gank both sides. This is obviously Anti-bot with an excuse, and it's an EXCELLENT idea.
    seems so

* Aion is planned for 3000-5000 players per server, and there will be euro and asian servers. It's unconfirmed if euro players can get on U.S. servers.
    5000 last report

* There's no character collision in Aion. That means no "MOVE FAGGOT WTF" blocking like in L2. In short, you can move through monsters and players.
    seems so

seems so

* There's no info yet on if there will be Set Bonuses for armor, as they were in L2 but not Guild Wars. I would imagine there will be, though. There's also no info on if there will be a L2-esque grade system, or if it will be stats requirement a-la guild wars, or a simple direct level requirement.
    No idea, to me it seems like every part has its own bonus, but couldn't say

* Stats are going to be static like L2 but there's a chance to custom mod them... Like L2.
    no idea, let's wait for reports about this

They asked me were I read it. This is some of what I read, I couldnt find the original link anymore this was quoted on another board that I read but its from the original source. I read this like 2 months ago or maybe even more so im sure some of is outdated.

Originally posted by Ephimero

Originally posted by glisson

Quote:

Kinda wrong. PVP is possible in ALL areas, however, there are some conditions for PVP outside the abyss, while the abyss is FFA, the 2 main lands rely on direct portals in order to engage pvp, other than that, intra-race duels and arenas. Hard to grief considering portals link zones of the same level.

True.

I'd expect it on expansions

They'll show on capes and shields.

Been a while since the last time I heard about this, about a year and a half, would need a recent confirmation, else i'd think it was dropped.

No idea, but materia system of FF7 is more related with the stygma concept, which would let players get skills from other classes later ingame.

Final level is 50 afaik.

This is a quite old rumor that was totally destroyed when asmodians where revealed.

seems so.

Skills being affected by weather it's not gonna make it at release afaik.

let's wait and see.

ya

True that.

only zone you'd get spawnkilled in is the abyss, so dunno how  that can be worrysome.

Both races have the same classes with some skills differences, names were changed also.

90% seamless is the last report.

True

There will be scripted flight for some teleporting, not much of that however.

Video shows that.

Long time i've not heard about that, I wouldn't take it for sure.

True that.

Party made out of 6 people, forces made out of 24 people.

Tastes, i sure love it, others may hate it.

No idea about this, combos are there tho.

seems so

seems so

seems so also

april 2008! not :<

true

seems so

5000 last report

seems so

seems so

No idea, to me it seems like every part has its own bonus, but couldn't say

no idea, let's wait for reports about this

I asked for a link not a big quote to get free rank points anyway good info you can find the direct link just by googleing some of the text in the quote...

I asked for a link not a big quote to get free rank points anyway good info you can find the direct link just by googleing some of the text in the quote...

I dont know anything about rank points, if you have seen how long i have been a member and how much I actually posted, you would probably notice I dont really care about that stuff.

One post to 3rd star =)