Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

POTC is better than POTBS

2»

Comments

• CaligulugCaligulug Member Posts: 283

Originally posted by smg77

PotBS: Run by SOE
    PotC: Not run by SOE

PotBS: Devs endorse and encourage pvp ganking
    PotC: Devs try to attract players that aren't antisocial griefers

I was going to reply to this post but....you said it way better lol.

PotBS is a tiny game full of people with tiny brains.

• DelusionsDelusions Member Posts: 2

Muke,

I always thought PoBS as an MMO of Sid Miers Priates.

• BrianshoBriansho Member UncommonPosts: 3,586

Wow all this complaining about PVP reminds me of another game that had PVP at release but was severely castrated because people kept whining.

It is called Ultima Online.

Don't be terrorized! You're more likely to die of a car accident, drowning, fire, or murder! More people die every year from prescription drugs than terrorism LOL!

• ArclanArclan Member UncommonPosts: 1,550

Guess I'll be checking out PoTC.  I'm not a fan of cartoony graphics, but one poster here made the great case that there is no denying that the game is fun.  And I can board a ship and man a gun?  And can see naval battles happening rather than a simple icon that SAYS a ship battle is happening.

I'm there.

Luckily, i don't need you to like me to enjoy video games. -nariusseldon.
    In F2P I think it's more a case of the game's trying to play the player's. -laserit

• BleakmageBleakmage Member UncommonPosts: 186

I've been waiting for a MMORPG like this to come around for a long time. For one thing, you have to really be into ship to ship battles. I love boarding a ship and dipping my sword in the blood of my. . .ahem. Anyways, who the fuck doesn't like to pretend to be a pirate? Oh, you elf people, my bad. :D I was a big fan of Asheron's Call back in its heyday and I'm still waiting for it's descendant. :D

I haven't had to grind in this game once. Not once. I love ship to ship battling, and talking down enemies much higher level than me. When I get to level 50, I will be unstoppable. I want to make the Caribbean ruled by the Pirates. I want to build ships. . . I like this game. Who wants to play a movie game? lol Look at SWG, LOL! :D

• IllyrianIllyrian Member Posts: 300

Originally posted by Bleakmage

I've been waiting for a MMORPG like this to come around for a long time. For one thing, you have to really be into ship to ship battles. I love boarding a ship and dipping my sword in the blood of my. . .ahem. Anyways, who the fuck doesn't like to pretend to be a pirate? Oh, you elf people, my bad. :D I was a big fan of Asheron's Call back in its heyday and I'm still waiting for it's descendant. :D
    I haven't had to grind in this game once. Not once. I love ship to ship battling, and talking down enemies much higher level than me. When I get to level 50, I will be unstoppable. I want to make the Caribbean ruled by the Pirates. I want to build ships. . . I like this game. Who wants to play a movie game? lol Look at SWG, LOL! :D
    Personally I fail to see superiority of Yarr Matey Pegleg Pete Wannabe over Legolas clone no 356. That being said glad the game works for you, play it a bit at the top level and/or over two months and you will get the idea. If not, more power to you.

Mind you, with current microscopic population you have all the chances to make a name for yourself. Although it is not particulary hard to be the first between the two.

Anyways, POTC is a playable game with a fun factor, both are characteristics POTBS lacks.

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,963

WAIT !

Is this a joke post ?

I had high hopes for potbs. But have given up on it even during beta. So i know that game is not really ...well not.

But i would never imagine for it to sink so LOW to be compared with POTC.

Damn ... i really feel sorry for FLS people

Originally posted by Illyrian

Originally posted by Bleakmage

Personally I fail to see superiority of Yarr Matey Pegleg Pete Wannabe over Legolas clone no 356. That being said glad the game works for you, play it a bit at the top level and/or over two months and you will get the idea. If not, more power to you.

Mind you, with current microscopic population you have all the chances to make a name for yourself. Although it is not particulary hard to be the first between the two.

Anyways, POTC is a playable game with a fun factor, both are characteristics POTBS lacks.

My last reply was intended to be here, lol. :D

• NicroxNicrox Member Posts: 140

I logged into POTC last night and the mmo is much better mmo and theres more freedom and fun. I'm letting my 30days on POTBS expire and thats it for that game.

• GemmaGemma Member UncommonPosts: 337

Originally posted by xpowderx

Originally posted by randomt

Originally posted by Illyrian

You see, it is not the problem the game is poor. No, the issues is that you are a weakling that cannot take pvp heat or has no taste to recognize what an amazing game POTBS is.

That is absolutely not what that whole thing is about.  What it's about is that if you buy a game, you buy that game, not a game you wished it was.  PotBS is the kind of game that it is, and thats all there is to it.  If it doesnt suit you.. dont play it. Has nothing to do with being good at it or not (its not very hard to be good at it actually).  The game isn't poor.. the expectations of what the game should be from the people who don't like it, and what the game actually is, is just flawed.

And no, i am no fanboi.. I find it fairly boring in the long run.  So I dont play it.  Although I still have my account active in case i get the urge one of these days.

lol, I did buy the game. I felt it a waste after I downloaded POTC. Kinda feel ripped off actually. Completely two different universes. Kinda like players comparing Vanguard to(place your favorite MMO here) the game just is not any good. I like both content and pvp and it doesnt fit. I can do both in POTC without  the bugs in this game. I am a long time fan of DAOC the original SWG and EVE. I enjoy pvp. While this game may have good opportunity to expand, so do most other mmos.

Vanguard is not bad just because you say it is. I enjoy it and so do thousands of other subscribers.

• dcoleman07dcoleman07 Member Posts: 126

Originally posted by damian7

Originally posted by mbrandybuck

I also agree.
    While the game graphics aren't meant to compare (cartooney), the actual game play is surprisingly more involved then POTBS.
    You can actually board a friend's ship and man the guns. Playing Tortuga Holdem against npc's as well as players in the tavern is another feature I enjoy.
    And... Get this... You can "explore" the world. What a novel concept that is for the design team at FLS.
    Anyway... POC doesn't try to look like a mainstream game. It was designed for kids. But... there's no denying that it's just plain fun. POTBS is nothing but a grind in comparision.

i don't know about everyone else; but THAT is what i look for in games.  fun.  not a second job.  not some basement dwelling megalomaniac barking commands. not boring grind.  i'm looking for FUN.  which is the reason i'm playing a GAME in the first place.

well said sir