Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mines of Moria Q&A Video

DulainDulain Member UncommonPosts: 616

At Tentonhammer they have posted a video Q&A with Jeffrey Steefel about the Mines of Moria expansion, as well as Books 13 and 14. Check out the video here.

Ten Ton Hammer's Jeff Woleslagle recently spoke with Lord of the Rings Online Executive Producer Jeffrey Steefel about the newly announced expansion, Mines of Moria, as well as the free updates coming with Books 13 and 14. The result was some insightful commentary about the timeline and lore of the game, as well as a few choice tidbits about LotRO's premier expansion itself. Take a look!

Comments

• murphys123murphys123 Member Posts: 216

Good and informative video. Makes me want to play the game.

• GalaxoGalaxo Member UncommonPosts: 389

When this expansion will be added?

• AntiquitasAntiquitas Member Posts: 26

Not that I wasn't already sold on the visual qualities of LOTRO and the universe they have rights to, but unless any other MMO offers a "lifetime membership" like they're doing with LOTRO I can't find reason to cough up the monthly fees. Between the beta and where they are now they've made mammoth steps though there's always room for improvement in any game world. If they adopted any of the information from Tolkien's notes with Christopher Tolkien's direction or even the info Iron Crown MERPS (See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle-earth_Role_Playing)  had in their RPG (Before rights were revoked) it should be incredible.

• Die_ScreamDie_Scream Member Posts: 1,785

The interviewer is so dull! What a boring half-asleep job of asking questions.

As to the content itself, sounds very cool, looks like a ton of stuff to look forward to in LOTRO. The game is going to be huge after MoM!

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

"Freedom is just another name for nothing left to lose" - Janis Joplin

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Originally posted by Die_Scream

As to the content itself, sounds very cool, looks like a ton of stuff to look forward to in LOTRO. The game is going to be huge after MoM!

Yeah I was thinking the same thing... "They really could have gotten a better interviewer..."

At one point he asks something about why do they have the players going N. if the fellowship is going S. to Mordor (he pronounces it Morder - I cringed a little). I'm thinking "Have you not followed anything about the game? It takes place during the time of the Fellowship... it doesn't specifically *follow* the Fellowship"

But yeah, it is cool to see how into talking about the game Jeff Steefel is. How he's quoting Gimli talking about Moria, etc. Heheh.

I can't wait.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• Darth_PeteDarth_Pete Member Posts: 559

Nice! Makes me want to subscribe again but I would probably get bored again after a month :(

• CerionCerion Member Posts: 1,005

oh, man...follow up, follow up, follow up....that's all I have to say about the interviewer.  He stuck so rigidly to his interview questions that he didn't even jump at the chance to ask Jeff about the Elder game. Jeff throws him a huge softball, even appears eager to talk about it, and the interviewer says "Okay, yeah, what about Eregion..."

anyway, interesting video (sadly, it appears to quite half way through for me...trying to reload again).

Games I'm watching: Infinity: The Quest for Earth, Force of Arms.

Find the Truth: http://www.factcheck.org/

Originally posted by WSIMike

Yeah I was thinking the same thing... "They really could have gotten a better interviewer..."

At one point he asks something about why do they have the players going N. if the fellowship is going S. to Mordor (he pronounces it Morder - I cringed a little). I'm thinking "Have you not followed anything about the game? It takes place during the time of the Fellowship... it doesn't specifically *follow* the Fellowship"

But yeah, it is cool to see how into talking about the game Jeff Steefel is. How he's quoting Gimli talking about Moria, etc. Heheh.

I can't wait.

The very first question where he asks something like "...in a nutshell tell us whats so exciting about..."

Jeff Steefel give a nice long answer inviting a dozen followup questions and the interviewer says "Great". Then goes on, like he's preoccupied thinking about whether he left the oven on at home or something.

Still, MoM sound massive. Not sure whether I like the idea of taking cold dmg in the new area. Sounds more annoying than anything to me. But we'll have to wait and see if its going to be fun or not.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

"Freedom is just another name for nothing left to lose" - Janis Joplin

• WSIMikeWSIMike Member Posts: 5,564

Originally posted by WSIMike

I can't wait.

The very first question where he asks something like "...in a nutshell tell us whats so exciting about..."

Jeff Steefel give a nice long answer inviting a dozen followup questions and the interviewer says "Great". Then goes on, like he's preoccupied thinking about whether he left the oven on at home or something.

Still, MoM sound massive. Not sure whether I like the idea of taking cold dmg in the new area. Sounds more annoying than anything to me. But we'll have to wait and see if its going to be fun or not.

Indeed. Very "stick to the script" interview.

Heck, if he'd simply said "Mr. Steefel, tell us some things about the expansion and what players have to look forward to..." and left it at that.

Though the "re-launch" question was a fairly interesting one. Jeffrey took the ball and ran with it on that one quite well.

"If you just step away for a sec you will clearly see all the pot holes in the road,
    and the cash shop selling asphalt..."
    - Mimzel on F2P/Cash Shops

• AckbarNLAckbarNL Member Posts: 458

This interviewer is a joke, even i could have done a better job and be more entusiastic, i wonder how much he get payed, if he even gets payed at all.

Playing: World of Warcraft.
    Played: Lord of the Rings Online, Starwars Galaxies.
    Tried: Starwars the Old Republic, Everquest 2, Guild Wars, Vanguard, Age of Conan, Aion.

Lol! I'd do it for free....