Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Russia and Asia

Apparently the new buzz is to expand the game into Asia and Russia.

http://www.burningsea.com/page/news/article&article_id=10714

Now, if game was doing reasonably well this would be ag ood thing but with its mediocre population and truckload of problems and issues all I can deduct that this is "take the money and run" approach. Sell as many copies of flawed goods to separate markets, it makes sense to be honest. You can always shut up naysayers by stating to US/Euro crowd how Asians will bail the game and vice versa.

Asia and Russia will get separate servers so the influx of new players, such as it is, will not help current ghost servers.

It should be interesting to say the least, separate Australian server is limping and I somehow doubt that legions of Russians and cohorts of Asian players will suddenly flood the gates.

Opinions?

Comments

• olddaddyolddaddy Member Posts: 3,356

Not sure about Russia, but Asia is a big market, does like grindfests and PvP. The problem with Asia is whether they buy into a western Carribbean theme, as opposed to a China/Indonesia/Philappines pirate theme. Personally, with the amount of fantasy PvP games in Asia, I doubt they will go for a western pirate theme in any sustainable numbers. PvP competition for players is more fierce there, more choices for gamers. If POTBS can't stand the heat here, how will it fare in the Asian PvP oven?

I did have to laugh when I read your intial post though. This is the same style of stuff Sigil did with Vanguard, as the game was failing they started running off at the advertising about how big their staff working on the first expansion was. It so reminds me of the strategy, "What do we do now, we're in trouble here, so let's talk about something else".

Kind of like that guy that shows up with the ball and three cups, places the ball under one of the cups, then mixes the cups up and asks you where the ball is. That is now called a "marketing strategy".