Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

hellgate auction house, trade and in-game mail discussion

badradiobadradio Member Posts: 10

First, i simply cant believe how FFS didn't provide COD in-game mail on the last patch. enough said. As a community developer for badradio.com's hellgate auction house i am..... dissapointed with this.

will they ever get their heads our of their asses and pay attention to what other games provide? i love how most the online game features are developed for free by players, is that their business model?? hahahaa.

Comments

• RosebloodRoseblood Member Posts: 12

Wow, you woke up on the wrong side of the laptop.  Cash on Delivery for what?  You make money in that game hand over fist anyway so what is the big deal? 

You have an auction house set up on another site?  No offense but that's lame.. thats like buying pre-lvled chars on e-bay.  I'm happy we are getting a consignment house in game and not another horrid auction house thing.  Bid stealers, and sitting there until the auction runs out to make sure you don't lose, is lame.

• badradiobadradio Member Posts: 10

COD for sending items won/sold in trade forums until the consignment house is available. Your comment is like "you have a forum on another site? mmorpg is lame." There is nothing lame about providing free community tools, which is all the website is genius. the people of mmorpg and other game supporting networks are critical to the success of any online game, so slow your roll ;)

• You're argument is sort of hurt by the fact that all people have to do is group and they can then immediately teleport to each other.  There's no real need for cod via mail to trade.  Mail was mainly setup to facilitate muling.  What HGL really needs is an auction house and/or the ability to link item stats via chat.

• RosebloodRoseblood Member Posts: 12

Originally posted by badradio

COD for sending items won/sold in trade forums until the consignment house is available. Your comment is like "you have a forum on another site? mmorpg is lame." There is nothing lame about providing free community tools, which is all the website is genius. the people of mmorpg and other game supporting networks are critical to the success of any online game, so slow your roll ;)

Wow... that all went over your head, but Zax seems to have understood.  If you want to sell something arrange a time, and character names, portal to them, and trade for the money.  Not a big deal... though since it means more interaction with people and less time in the wilds or something for you maybe that is a bad thing huh?  I know a number of mmo players don't like having to deal with us lesser players.

I understand the support sites like this give to many a game, but why did YOU personally HAVE to create an auction house?  There is a trade spot right on the Hellgate forums... and it works just fine acutally... or.. umm.. didn't you know it was there?  So you probably aren't getting as many players using your auction style forum as you think... also just so you know if a true player of a game wants info about their game, they will go to THE game site first since that is where the Devs put up the info first.  Your fan site/forum, may be good, but complaining about little things like this.. well...  especially in what i am guessing is also an attempt to advertise your forum.. is the lame part.

• badradiobadradio Member Posts: 10

if you sell something on the trade forums, like all players do including me, you can spend days catching that person online. scheduling a meet-up with someone you dont know is lame, scheduling anything for trade is. COD would simply take care of that and let you play more.

• Originally posted by badradio

if you sell something on the trade forums, like all players do including me, you can spend days catching that person online. scheduling a meet-up with someone you dont know is lame, scheduling anything for trade is. COD would simply take care of that and let you play more.

Agreed.  Thankfully, the auction house will resolve this issue.