Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Agency Q&A

DulainDulain Member UncommonPosts: 616

There is a Q&A that has been posted at Gamespot UK recently. Check it out here.

GS UK: Are you planning a public beta for The Agency, as has become common practice for MMO games?

HM: Absolutely! Beta is where we get a chance to watch our wonderful design assumptions and server technology crumble to dust under the stampeding feet of resourceful gamers. You can't consider your persistent online world ready for primetime until you have let it be abused by lots and lots of people outside the group developing it.

This gives you the chance to avoid unnecessary surprises, adjust to and address performance or feature problems, and in general make the game as solid as possible.

Comments

• therain93therain93 Member UncommonPosts: 2,039

Nice find although not a whole lot of new information unfortunately -- I was wondering when we would hear/read some press about this again. ( ' :

• Juztinb42Juztinb42 Member Posts: 38

Yeah the lack of new information is killing me.  If SOE is trying to go for a secret approach to this game's launch and flood of info, I am not very fond of it.

• 0syris0syris Member UncommonPosts: 15

I'm definetly looking forward to this. Thanks for the post.

• JonnyGJonnyG Member Posts: 31

"Yeah the lack of new information is killing me.  If SOE is trying to go for a secret approach to this game's launch and flood of info, I am not very fond of it."

Hopefully we can take care of that.  Part 1 of our interview covered characters and leveling.  Part 2 should be this weekend and will cover operatives.  Let's break this baby open, we need more intel.

JonnyG
    "Brutal" - Corel Dangel

Originally posted by JonnyG

"Yeah the lack of new information is killing me.  If SOE is trying to go for a secret approach to this game's launch and flood of info, I am not very fond of it."
    Hopefully we can take care of that.  Part 1 of our interview covered characters and leveling.  Part 2 should be this weekend and will cover operatives.  Let's break this baby open, we need more intel.

I really appreciate your hard work in doing these interviews, more information came out in 30 minutes of reading that than has come out in a month or two.  I really liked the classes in there, never seen anything about them before. 

Great site by the way, never seen anything like it for this game.  You're running a better site than SOE at the moment

Yeah, I've been telling SOE that they really need a site and more info.  Part 2 of the interview should be coming this weekend where we'll learn all about operatives, operating ranking, operative skills, and operative types.   We've only posted about 25% of the interview so far, so lots more goodies.

JonnyG
    "Brutal" - Corel Dangel

• aegis7aegis7 Member Posts: 15

Wow, I have to say that interview just made me anticipate the game probably threefold. That's some amazing stuff and it sounds absolutely awesome.

Also, it's pretty awesome that you're here on this board pointing out how to find info to the game. Thumbs up.

• aegis7aegis7 Member Posts: 15

*bump* so when's part 2 of the interview coming out? I hate to be a whiner, but I'm so anxious. heh.

I'm waiting on it still.  As soon as part 2 is approved I'll be getting it up. 

JonnyG
    "Brutal" - Corel Dangel

Just got word that I'll get it on Monday.  Hopefully I can turn it around quickly and get it up on Monday.  I'm traveling on Monday, so it will be late Monday at the earliest.

JonnyG
    "Brutal" - Corel Dangel

Awesome, can't wait!