Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

great interview!

forthelulzforthelulz Member Posts: 215

www.mmogamer.com/03/24/2008/interview-fallen-earth-lead-designer-lee-hammock-part-one

my favorite part:

The MMO Gamer: Fantasy MMOs, at last count, make up around 90 to 95% of the market share. What made you wake up one morning and say to yourself, “You know, I’m going to try and increase that 5%”?

Lee Hammock: Because almost everyone else is increasing the 95%. Most of the games coming out are fantasy of some genre, and most people seem to be sick of elves and dwarves.

If you look at the games recently to come out that are, for lack of a better term, WoW or EverQuest clones, designed along that paradigm, they’re not doing that well.

well said lee!

Comments

• mike470mike470 General CorrespondentMember Posts: 2,396

Very nice interview, thanks for posting

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527

Frankly Im tired of seeing Fantasy MMOs and WOW ripoffs period

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465

Originally posted by firefly2003

Frankly Im tired of seeing Fantasy MMOs and WOW ripoffs period

Yup. It makes sense that these devs have seen the hole in the Sci-Fi portion of the MMO market, especially since the death or undeath of SWG. It isn;t that there haven't been any Sci-Fi MMOs in the last few years, there just haven't been any that were GOOD.

Yeah, FE is about the best game on the horizon.

• SeggallionSeggallion Member UncommonPosts: 684

Good read! To much focus on other games tho. But page 2 becomes very intresting!