Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

looking for my type of class...

JaldrenJaldren Member UncommonPosts: 363

hi there

just got back after a years or so

just want to know what class is the best hybrid (healing-oriented)

something like wow's shaman (crappy game, but it's an example)

i mean: melee, nice healing, not too bad DPS, solo buffs, and very good solo capability

i'd like to group too, but soloing is what i do most (i play at wierd times, so its hard to find a group at 5am)

so to put it simple: if the party needs a healer, i can be it. the same with a tank or DPS. obviously not as good as pure classes, i like to have different jobs with the same character

EDIT: evil class/race

Comments

• teddy_bareteddy_bare Member UncommonPosts: 398

Originally posted by Jaldren

hi there
    just got back after a years or so
    just want to know what class is the best hybrid (healing-oriented)
    something like wow's shaman (crappy game, but it's an example)
    i mean: melee, nice healing, not too bad DPS, solo buffs, and very good solo capability
    i'd like to group too, but soloing is what i do most (i play at wierd times, so its hard to find a group at 5am)

EDIT: evil class/race
    Sounds to me like you'd really like the Druid and/or Shaman Classes which break down into the Warden/Fury and Mystic/Defiler sub-classes, respectively. However, only 3 of them can be played by "evil" races, the Mystic is the only one that you wouldn't have access to playing an "evil" race.

I have not personally tried any of these classes but I know that they are all healer-hybrids that, based on AA-spec, can focus on healing, DPS, support or a mix of all three. As I said, since I haven't played any of them I don't know anything more then the general basics of what each sub-class is about, but I do know that the Fury sub-class especially is known to be quite a strong DPS class when geared and spec'd correctlly, while still retaining the ability to serve as a secondary healer in a pinch. I think any of these 3 sub-classes will fit your requirements nicely  and I'd suggest giving each of them a try til you find exactly what it is you are looking for but from what you said you'd like I would think that the Fury or Warden fits you're requirements best.

Basically what it comes down to in EQ2 is that each class is generally broken down into two sub-classes, one of which is generally more offensively inclined, while the other is generally more defensively inclined. In the case of the Druid class, the Warden is more healing/support/dps (defensive) while the Fury is more dps/support/healing (offensive). The Shaman is broken down similarly, except that only "good" races have access to the Mystic which is generally more defensive/healing oriented, while the Defiler is generally more offensive/dps oriented. Keep in mind though that these classes and their sub-classes are all part of the Priest arch-type which means that first and foremost, they are healers.

I'm not familiar with the Cleric class, and it's Templar and Inquisitor sub-classes, but I believe that they are generally more healing focused with little dps capability.

• XImpalerXXImpalerX Member UncommonPosts: 606

Defiler is a unique healer hybrid in that he prevents damage instead of healing damage. Uses spears and can be dps.

• quaikyquaiky Member Posts: 566

if you want real melee dps on a healer then inquisitor is the way to go. no other healer can deal that much damage in melee as a battle cleric specced inq.

inq also can wear plate armor so overall the perfect melee healer. only weapons are limited to crushing weapons.

but starting of is slow you start with a low dps healer class in plate armor, and have to spend a lot achievement points that you have to earn first till you end up in the top dps regions.

• FlemFlem Member UncommonPosts: 2,870

I think a Warden, melee spec'ed would probably be the best all rounder.

• BBlackfordBBlackford Member Posts: 24

When I started this game last fall, I made my first character a dirge so I could get a good feel of the game before I made a main character...

Since then, I've played nothing but my Dirge and haven't looked back since

- Ding im bot! -

• quaikyquaiky Member Posts: 566

Originally posted by Flem

I think a Warden, melee spec'ed would probably be the best all rounder.
    tried a warden and he is ok as melee char, but he just cannot compare to a high level inq with about 120 aa. 100% melee crit, 52% double attack, +52 dps, 20 haste,  procs, and shorttime buff that boosts haste by ~60  (which you can keep most time up unless you have to do serious heals), + serious crushing skill boost and plate armor all this just from regualr spells and aa choices. so you add all bonuses from equip on top of that.

Only weakness of most inq is that strength is rather low so you need the right equip to get it up, then get a good 2handed hammer or club and you will be able to deal about same damage as scout classes.

Also as cleric you are a quite strong healer even in melee equip and setup,  if you need to heal more you switch equip and change a few buffs and you should do better, and for real serious healing  you can still get a aa mirror to change to a more heal oriented setup (only really needed to load heal aa setup for hard raids)