- Is there durability on items? If there is, can the items be repaired when they break?
- Does your character need to eat to live?
- Is there a warehouse for storage?
- Is there an offline messaging system (e.g. post office)? Can you tell if someone has read your message (e.g. read receipts)? Is there a notification when you receive a message in your inbox?
- Can you have pets and/or mounts? Do they need to eat to live?
- How are the controls? Can you use the two-mouse-button run method of moving (e.g. like World of Warcraft)?
- Can your character automatically move into range when attacking a target? In WoW, if the mob runs behind you, you have to manually turn around. Can your character automatically turn and attack in Vanguard?
- Is the character system class-based or open-skill based?
I'm sure I will think of more, but this is what I can think of right now.