Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is the worlds "best" Cash shop mmorpg?

Anyone have any ideas?

I'de love mmorpg cash shops listed as "best" due only to pure numbers, not personal preference.

Please only list the Best cash shop mmorpgs that USA can access.

Thanks!

Comments

• kosmicfookosmicfoo Member Posts: 37

im enjoying cabal atm  cabal.ogplanet.com/main.og

• phatpeteyphatpetey Member Posts: 323

Hi,

I don't know excactly wich games are the best cash-shop games but I can give you the 3 best cash-shop games.

-Flyff, great game, gentle community, graphics are OK, but you will need to grind alot.

-Silkroad, game with a great trade system, lvl cap is 70 I thought(I could be wrong), but many people complain about the pretty laggy servers.

-Maplestory, a 2D side scrolling action mmorpg, I liked this game alot till I realised I was always grinding

Greetz2Z

• AirspellAirspell Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,391

Well if you are going to play a grind fest, play the ones with the better graphics if you can.  Most f2p mmorgps are almost identical with 4 or 5 classes and not too many features.

Here's a few that I found to be above average by f2p standards :

Pirate King Online - for the anime , cartooney, graphics enthusiasts by far the most fun of the bunch with plenty of quests and things to do.

Archlord - got alot of bad press but the gfx arent bad, plenty of quests and a more proffesional look than most f2p games

Shadowbane - best pvp of any f2p game and possibly any p2p game out right now, which sint saying alot. Dated graphics, tough to get into, alot of character customization, alot of classes and races, sieges, guild towns, shops etc, horrible pve.  No item shop 100% free.

Granado Espada - Very nice graphics, control a group of 3 characters, high budget f2p game.

• TraviztyTravizty Member Posts: 114

Don't confuse a players ability, with a class being Over Powered.

-T

• tmann50tmann50 Member UncommonPosts: 70

Sword of the New WOrld is the best one I have palyed so far. Graphics are great, the 3 characters you control are a real nice change of pace and the critters you encounter are pretty cool looking. Heh the devs show there sense of homor thru out the game and the musical score is superior.

• jmerriexjmerriex APB Reloaded ProducerMember Posts: 149

Originally posted by njdevil

Sword of the New WOrld is the best one I have palyed so far. Graphics are great, the 3 characters you control are a real nice change of pace and the critters you encounter are pretty cool looking. Heh the devs show there sense of homor thru out the game and the musical score is superior.

I gotta agree with this guy.  I know I am the Associate Producer on the title, but really when it comes down to brass tacks there are 3 truly good F2P MMORPGs.  Sword of the New World, Cabal (only in UK) and Archlord. 

Of those 3 Sword is the only one with: Live in-game GM events, End Game Raiding, Clan Wars, Capturable Territories, a Political PvP system, Quests, a full crafting system, open PvP maps, an opt-in PvP system, weekly Faction vs. Faction Wars, PvP tournaments, Free give-aways and of course me.  So it's pretty easy to say SNW is the World's Greatest Free2Play MMORPG. Not only that but Sword also has original gameplay, it's like an MMO meets, RTS meets RPG. 

Either way, I think you would probably dig: Sword, Cabal or ArchLord.  As far as F2P goes those three are top of the food chain.

Plus our splash page is cooler: http://swordofthenewworld.gamersfirst.com/manifest_destiny.php

www.apb.com

Twitter:
    @G1Neume

Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/APBReloaded

• AtomyAtomy Member UncommonPosts: 76

Sad enough..Codemasters then Gpotato. Truly there games are terrible.

• CartographyCartography Member UncommonPosts: 331

Sword of the New World is a lot of fun, basically what the associate producer said is spot on. Sure, it can get grindy sometimes... but you kind of get an RTS feel with the controls, so I don't find it as bad. Besides Sword, I actually really enjoyed RF Online because it was really stable on my system, and the Chip Wars (RVR) was tons of fun.

Also, I'm gonna give props to the Sword dev team for their April Fool's joke l o l... they released an official bot program... good one :-) They really tricked a lot of players.

• AirspellAirspell Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 1,391

The big problem, or plus, with Granado Espada (Sword) is that it is possible to AFK level, esepcially early on, and slightly slower later , but people have managed to get to very high lvevels without doing much actual playing.

• RalsarRalsar Member UncommonPosts: 305

There are people everywhere but everyone is AFK so you feel like you are playing alone.  I found it pretty annoying really.  That being said, SotNW is a well done game.

• ProfRedProfRed Member UncommonPosts: 3,494

Mabinogi hands down.  Sword of the New World is miserable.

• BigMangoBigMango Member UncommonPosts: 1,821

I think I have tried all of them.

Imho the 2 best f2p cash shop games are Perfect World (if you like the WoW style) and Shaiya (if you like the Lineage 2 style). These 2 games are really worth playing.

Perfect world is the most complete f2p of all. The press calls it the chinese wow (it's huge in asia) It has everything: flying, pvp with territorial ownership, guild wars, player housing and guild housing, crafting, etc... etc... It's the biggest one of them all.

Second for me is Shaiya. It's the Lineage 2 style and looks like it as the art was done by the same designer who also did Lineage 2 and Aion (kjun.org). This game is much better than the likes of Last Chaos, Silkroad, Rappelz, etc... It's like lineage 2, but with less grind, more quests and better pvp. The episode 3 (korea is already on episode 4) game update comes this month and adds crafting, more maps, etc..

I have tried the above suggested Sword of the new world. I didn't like it and I especially couldn't stand the game art. That's a personal opinion of course.

• Jesse80Jesse80 Member Posts: 8

Age of Armor has an alright cash shop

but the prices might be a bit high right now

• jeffpenneyjeffpenney Member Posts: 16

Does anyone have the link for Perfect World website for usa. When i try to enter http://www.perfectworld.com.my/ i get this error. i dont understand why,. i have never been baned., i am brand new to the game

You are not authorized to view this page

The Web server you are attempting to reach has a list of IP addresses that are not allowed to access the Web site, and the IP address of your browsing computer is on this list.

Please try the following:

• Contact the Web site administrator if you believe you should be able to view this directory or page.

HTTP Error 403.6 - Forbidden: IP address of the client has been rejected.

Internet Information Services (IIS)

Technical Information (for support personnel)

• Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 403.
    • Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled About Security, Limiting Access by IP Address, IP Address Access Restrictions, and About Custom Error Messages.
  • GorillaGorilla Member UncommonPosts: 2,235

It's down for maintenance. Try again in a few hours.

• SerriaSerria Member Posts: 33
    Originally posted by Ralsar

There are people everywhere but everyone is AFK so you feel like you are playing alone.  I found it pretty annoying really.  That being said, SotNW is a well done game.

Why would a good game allow AFK leveling?

• BigMangoBigMango Member UncommonPosts: 1,821

Originally posted by jeffpenney

Does anyone have the link for Perfect World website for usa. When i try to enter http://www.perfectworld.com.my/ i get this error. i dont understand why,. i have never been baned., i am brand new to the game

It's working fine for me. Did you finaly succeed to get connected?

• XImpalerXXImpalerX Member UncommonPosts: 606

Originally posted by jeffpenney

You are not authorized to view this page
    The Web server you are attempting to reach has a list of IP addresses that are not allowed to access the Web site, and the IP address of your browsing computer is on this list.
    Please try the following:

Contact the Web site administrator if you believe you should be able to view this directory or page.

HTTP Error 403.6 - Forbidden: IP address of the client has been rejected.

Internet Information Services (IIS)

Technical Information (for support personnel)

Go to Microsoft Product Support Services and perform a title search for the words HTTP and 403.
    Open IIS Help, which is accessible in IIS Manager (inetmgr), and search for topics titled About Security, Limiting Access by IP Address, IP Address Access Restrictions, and About Custom Error Messages.

This could be due to what a previous poster said in that the site and/or servers are down for maintenance. I also think that if you continue to encounter this error and can not connect to the servers once back online that your ISP may be blocking traffic to Malaysia and you would need to contact them and ask them to unblock access to the perfect world Malaysian servers.

They had a big issue with american IP's being blocked and the only solution was to play through a proxy server(which creates horrible lag) but then they fixed the routing issues and I have been able to connect ever since.

• aranhaaranha Member UncommonPosts: 171

Ragnarok Online Hands Down! Even tho its P2P it still has a cash shop nowadays.

• SDmodelSDmodel Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by ProfRed

Mabinogi hands down.  Sword of the New World is miserable.

i have been in Mabinogi for about 2 years.. i also think this game is so good and its cash shop is logical.  and the cash shop of SOL is also reasonable. some goods of it are integrant in order that the players could be at the different level... 

• TeimanTeiman Member Posts: 1,319

I kind of like granado.

Also granado has a good tutorial, that could be good for newbies.

What I don't like from granado.. or most f2p games... is the grind.

• HellmarauderHellmarauder Member Posts: 178

I'm surprised no one here mentioned Dream of Mirror Online yet.  DOMO is the best run F2P/CS game in the U.S. for several reasons:

1) Fair pricing: its most expensive item is a permanent costume costing only $13 USD.

2) Very clean: very few bots and almost no gold-seller spam. 

3) Most cash shop items are tradeable in game, benefiting both cash shop users and non-users.

4) Active GM/GS and tons of player sponsored/hosted events, a sign of very decent community.

5) Grindy game? Yeah it can be at high level....but since you can buy 6-hr to 1-week +100% XP badges from players with in-game gold, that grind factor is reduced to nothing, at least for me.  Some players have reached level cap just four months after its OB.

Personally I hate to spend RL money on any game-related stuff, but the way DOMO is run makes my purchase happy and worth every penny.  

• ZeroDepthZeroDepth Member Posts: 142
    Rohan Online by far for me: http://www.playrohan.com/?page=home. It'll be my temporary game until Aion is released hehe.