Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Lineage 2: Our Exclusive Review

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

Our own Richard Duffek (Kunou as many of you know him) has completed his review of Lineage II.  The 3 page review is full of great details of the game and contains many great screen shots for your viewing pleasure.  Here is a snippet from the article:

The first Lineage was arguably one of the most popular MMORPG's of all time.  Therefore naturally everyone had super-high hopes for Lineage 2.  Although I was in the beta I didn't get to spend a whole lot of time testing the game out due to other time constraints, so when it was released I definitely had to give it a shot.  A lot of the opinions and reviews I had read about the game before digging into it myself weren't the most positive in the world, but then again, what do review writers know?  Err ummm disregard that...Anyway, I picked myself up a copy and played it basically from release to present and what follows are my opinions on the game.

You can read the full review in our Lineage II section by following this link.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• numaticnumatic Member UncommonPosts: 670
    I would have rated the community a 2 regardless. Otherwise the rest of the review is right on target. These botters are seriously out of hand in L2 but they wont do anything about it because just like every other game company, it makes them money. I remember seeing that picture of all those koreans who actually farm adena for a job. There must have been 50+ computers in that building, all playing L2 and farming to sell on Ebay. I just can't wait till all the non farmers get high enough to go out there and PK them so much they will have to stop.

• HegemonicHegemonic Member Posts: 1

Good review. I think Lineage 2 is a hard game to successfully integrate into. Personally I have very few issues with the game and was more than pleased with the first expansion, and am impressed at how the second expansion will make more classes fun and playable to high levels.

Also, I admit, Lineage 2 has seduced me with its graphics. I was dismayed, too, at the lack of character customization. This is something they need to work on by adding more options to clothing and item customization. The forthcoming Chronicle 2 expansion will provide players a way of actually alterting their attributes, finally, which is a much-needed way of making your character more unique to your own playstyle.

A key to enjoying Lineage 2 is joining a clan. Admittedly, you need to be into the game a fair bit before you decide to do this, so if you don't like it, you may never do so, but I find the game much more rewarding and interesting when I am part of a ongoing war with other players, and am working to gather items in huge parties and chatting with people on Ventrilo or TeamSpeak. I suppose this would go for any game, but Lineage 2 is primed for this sort of clan warfare, and while I was a hardcore RP'r for years, I like it.

• RJCoxRJCox Member Posts: 2,686

Thanks for the positive responses! :)

Richard J. Cox
    "There were much of the beautiful, much of the wanton, much of the bizarre, something of the terrible, and not a little of that which might have excited disgust."

• XanderZaneXanderZane Member Posts: 226

I decided not to play Lineage 2 in it retail form because of my experience in Beta. The economy is a total disaster. The grind is a nightmare and the controls weren't user friendly. After playing AC1, AC2 and FFXI, L2 was a step down for me in controls. The PvP system is also a mess. It's stupid that a L40 player can come up and kill a L10 player with a couple of swipes of his sword and then steal his armor or weapons. This wouldn't be a bad thing if Adena was abundant for everyone and weapons, armor and other items where cheap to purchse, but they are not. You could easily spend weeks to save up enough money to buy a decent sword and lose it the next day to a griefer who doesn't even have any use for it. Sorry, but I thought MMORPG games were suppose to be FUN, not tedious and frustrating. These are the main reasons I didn't get the game and never will. World of Warcraft blow L2 away by a long shot. It's actually FUN to play and not frustrating in the least.  L2 could have been some special if it was done correctly. Right now it's not worth my time or money.

Xander

Xander

Xander

• jpinkcjpinkc Member Posts: 3

This review must have been paid for by NC Soft.  L2 is not the game it says it is.  There was no mention of the Broken Karma system, and the support team for this game leaves Much to be desired.  If you have a Life, A job, A significant other or kids and are willing to give up 3 of the 4 just to kill the same mob over and over and over and over beyond all reason or sanity then L2 might just be your game.  I mean Masochists need only apply for this game.  Botters at least got a mention which is a major problem as well as Items.  And this is a TOTALLY ITEM DRIVEN GAME.  There is no skill to pvp in this game it all boils down to who has the most expensive weapon.   And the item prices go up Exponentially after you get to level 20.  I really am dissappointed with this review and this website for putting it up.  I played all thru the beta and got suckered into 1 paid month of retail, waiting for them to make changes to the game like they said they could, until they finally fessed up and told us they have no North American devs who can implement any changes.  They all have to go back to Korea for any changes and if we are lucky in a year or two they will get around to it.   Save your money dont waste your time.

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

Originally posted by jpinkc

This review must have been paid for by NC Soft.  L2 is not the game it says it is.  There was no mention of the Broken Karma system, and the support team for this game leaves Much to be desired.  If you have a Life, A job, A significant other or kids and are willing to give up 3 of the 4 just to kill the same mob over and over and over and over beyond all reason or sanity then L2 might just be your game.  I mean Masochists need only apply for this game.  Botters at least got a mention which is a major problem as well as Items.  And this is a TOTALLY ITEM DRIVEN GAME.  There is no skill to pvp in this game it all boils down to who has the most expensive weapon.   And the item prices go up Exponentially after you get to level 20.  I really am dissappointed with this review and this website for putting it up.  I played all thru the beta and got suckered into 1 paid month of retail, waiting for them to make changes to the game like they said they could, until they finally fessed up and told us they have no North American devs who can implement any changes.  They all have to go back to Korea for any changes and if we are lucky in a year or two they will get around to it.   Save your money dont waste your time.

I think if NCSoft paid for the review they might have done better than a 6.9 image  It is our 2nd worst score yet for a game.  The game has faults - no doubt - but it also has a lot things that were done right - like the graphics and sound.

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

• Shai-HaludShai-Halud Member Posts: 117

Ya know how game companies will say.... "We don't want to have our released product just be a late version of the beta"

Lineage 2 is a prime example of not doing this and a prime example of a unvaried, heartless, cold, only into making the money MMORPG, ever.

---------------------------------
    Waitin on a new MMORPG with hardcore PvP.

"The angels in my dreams... have turned to demons of greed that's mean.."- Soul to Squeeze

---------------------------------

You in?
    Yea.. I'm in