Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I was mad but now im happy.

I was mad because when I first started a couple of days ago, the key binding were all crazy and the graphics were so blurry that I really had to look at it to figure out what ppls names were. If I looked close if I positioned my charater a certain way, but it was giving me a headaches,  LITERALLY, i never had gotten them off of playing any mmo. or game for that matter.

So I met up this lady on myspace and I joined her server, she showed me the ropes and I figured out the blurriness onm own.  This game looks beautiful for being an old mmo. I got my WASD set up and getting use to the panning the camera with mouse notion but hey its awsome.

I freaking love this game, but its going down for maintnance now so I have to look for another mmo to tie up my time lol

Comments

• korvixkorvix Member Posts: 477

IF you are on the PC version you can make the game look on par or even better than games coming out now,  with some unoffical tweeking and modding.

If you are having problems with the keyboard controls, I suggest looking into a n52 SpeedPad or a standard Game Pad. I love my n52 to death....I could not play FFXI without it.

Just started this game as well, and loving every second of it...have no clue why I didnt start earlier. Glad you are enjoying it and welcome to FFXI!

~HappyGaming

Yeah Maintenance time is oddly placed...

• mrdoublerrmrdoublerr Member Posts: 269

try and get used to the normal control setup, its very easy once you get used to it, num pad 8.4.6.2 to move, and up.down.left.right to move the camera.  

you wont need to use the mouse most of the time.

• Bremstone66Bremstone66 Member Posts: 15

Yeppers, I agree with you man.  I really wish I could have started this back in the day. It would have been a hell of alot better to start with this than when I started with wow. WOW sucks in comparison in my honest opinion. I have both and I did love wow but this game has more of the seriouse MMO enthusiasts to heart. 

Im on Remora, I really hope to see you on sometime.  Tenkajin is my characters name.

• SuplyndmndSuplyndmnd Member Posts: 553

Originally posted by Bremstone66

Yeppers, I agree with you man.  I really wish I could have started this back in the day. It would have been a hell of alot better to start with this than when I started with wow. WOW sucks in comparison in my honest opinion. I have both and I did love wow but this game has more of the seriouse MMO enthusiasts to heart. 

Im on Remora, I really hope to see you on sometime.  Tenkajin is my characters name.
    I'd like to say welcome to the world that is FFXI.  I play WoW and FFXI and agree that side by side there is no comparison.  A couple of differences is time investment required. FFXI requires a large investment of time and dedication. WoW, you can hop on for an hour and that be it. I'm level 31 and have not been in any instance parties and just run around killing stuff and doing quests.

However, this is something I like about WoW as it gives me a break from FFXI.  FFXI still beats it though as it's just soooooooo complex. You have a LOT to learn and as you do, you'll fall more in love with the game, or learn to hate it =).  Good luck in your adventures!

EVE - Sharvala
    FFXI - Shazamalicious
    Guild Wars - Xavier Lucifer & Charlize the Necro
    "Ranged...stuck...tree...15 random words... suck... noob fanboy... I MAKE GUIDE!"

• bassecbassec Member Posts: 37

Not sure how you guys can play this with a keyboard. I wouldn't go without my Xbox 360 controller. I just picked up that wireless controller dongle from Amazon and viola. It's perfect with the 360 controller.