Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What to do when first entering?

bassecbassec Member Posts: 37

Hey everyone.

My question is, as someone just starting out (on Asura)...what should I get in terms of skills (like Synth, mining, fishing, etc?) right off the bat?

Are there some that I need right away to start earning money? What are the standby things that one should do when they first enter the game (for WoW, it would be get First Aid and Cooking)

Comments

• GemmaGemma Member UncommonPosts: 337

I'd probably read up on the game if I were you. I wouldn't exactly consider it the most newbie friendly game on the market.

In regards to your tradeskills, you start out with them all already. There is no need to learn them. However, leveling them up is a bit more complicated, in which I would recommend reading a guide or something to learn how tradeskills work.

Making money at low levels can be a pain. Selling trash drops is how I managed to scrape by. Its kinda cool how any item can be sold on the auction house since nothing is bound to you, so definitely take advantage of that. Make sure you talk to the guards standing outside of your major city to get a signet so that when you kill monsters, crystals drop. Crystals can be sold on the auction for decent money.

I've also heard of people leveling fishing right off the bat to make quick money. I'm not an expert on this, so you'll have to look elsewhere on this topic.

I'd level up your job first though because more options will present themselves as you gain levels.

• bassecbassec Member Posts: 37

Thanks for your input.

As far as being tough for newbs, I realize that. But I've got plenty of free time I can dedicate, plus the alure of laying in bed and playing an MMO vs having to sit in my computer chair is too much to pass on. Haha.

I have played this game up to about level 15 in the past...so I'm not a total newb...I know about Signet and all that.

My next question: Should I focus on doing quests or leveling up right now? I see there's a pretty sizeable list of quests for bastok...but which is worth my time...completing quests or just grinding out?

• SatimasuSatimasu Member UncommonPosts: 900

You're going to have to level up to do some of the quests anyway. Plus, most of items from mobs in starter towns are used for quests and such. Sandy is the one where they have the easier repeatable ones for fame.  You might as well exp for now until you have some levels on you. But, do some quests at the same time while you're soloing, as you'll have quite a few repeatable quests turning in x number of hides or something to that effect. I just repeated myself. But yeah, level and do quests while you're leveling. Then focus on leveling when you're partying.

To be the best, you must help each other become the best.
    FFXI Character: Satimasu
    FFXI Server: Valefor
    FFXIV Character: Tamorae Fonteil