Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Class Help please

BeltamkorBeltamkor Member Posts: 37

Hey all,

Decided to give Lineage2 a go and will subscribe for a month.

Thing is I have a very random schedule, therefore, playing for hours and hours is impossible for me. My online times usually do not exceed 1-2 hours, max 3 hours a day if I can log on that day. (I know...but I like MMOs....and I hate f2ps...)

So, I'd like to roll a class that has some solo capabilities. (no, I am not gonna run double accounts :( ) but also is useful in a group in case I have time and luck to get into one....I really prefer melee classes in every MMo I played...

From my readings about the game, these are the most likely candidates for my playstyle:

1- BladeDancers: I read that they can solo pretty well if needed and they are very well desired in groups....how do they fare in pvp though?

2- Any summoner class: They are very good solo classes from what I've read...Well...I don't like caster classes, but apparently, there are some types of summoners that are very melee oriented in L2....this confuses me...any more info please?

And, are there any other classes you might suggest suited for my preferences?

Thanks in advance for answers!

Cheers o/

Comments

• PraorPraor Member Posts: 519

I see you did some research there, yup Bladedancers and Summoners are an option.

Bladedancers - Solo good up untill early to mid 50's, depending on your gear and what mob's you hunt, plenty of options though. Offensive buffer class, you will be dancing every 2 min's to provide these buffs and your party will love you for it !!     They also look downright awesome.

Summoner - Now here is where it gets debateable.  Phantom Summoner would be my choice, Your pet will get Vampric rage and you will get Body to mind. So its a win win. Some say Necro's or Elemental summoner. This class you will have to research to fine tune your taste more. Bottom line Summoners solo the best.

I just rerolled myself and leveling a Dark Elf Assasin going Abyss Walker, they solo ok to but will come a time where I will have to party if I wanted make some viable xp, which I don't mind.

Your times you mentioned that you will have to game is gonna be slow in advancing but thats ok, its the journey that matters. Also learn the Manor system, you will make mass amounts of money to fund all your grades, i use it exclusively.

Waiting on Guild Wars 2

• A1D3NA1D3N Member UncommonPosts: 276

summoners are good at solo'ing and stuff, but when it comes to pvp they suck, but necro's are a nuker/debuffer with a summon, and they rock in pvp.

u gotta remember lineage2 is a pvp based game once u get into the high levels,

bladedancers are nice, needed in every party, easy to lvl, and u get some decent skills.

but id say the best classes in l2 are prob sometimes like tryant/gladiator/any nuker/any archer

thats my personal opionion. over all id say necro then hawkeye very close after

Currently Playing:
    ...... :(

• BeltamkorBeltamkor Member Posts: 37

Thanks for the answers! 

I think I'll be rolling Bladedancer, sounds like they resemble the bard in FFXI but with a bit more firepower. I enjoyed playing Bard in FFXI, so I might like this. ( Although I have a feeling I will roll quite a few times to test all classes myself)

Hope to see you guys on one of the EU servers.

Cheers

• SorrowhoSorrowho Member Posts: 581

don't take the bladedancer if your gear is bad witch it will be without cheating or working the market, it's very bad at soloing without a second account for a buffer. 

Even with good gear when you hit the 50's your gonna lvl slow without buff's since there just crucial for some classes soloing.

go warlock summoner, since they can solo well without a buffer, and can also get group's when they 56 + the other summoner's group pet's are not good enof to make people really want you.

EDIT: oh and manor is overrated it's defintly nok that good as a previous poster said and on a crowed server the farmer's use it to, so at some lvl's it can be okay but depends on a lot off things

As far as manor and overrated, I play on Bartz, North America's most crowded server. Without applying myself using the manor I make 3 million a night, on the nights I need cash I'll make 6-8 million. In a week of using the manor and only the manor starting from lvl 10, I was able to afford top D and Top C and all the ss to spam.

I never been in competion with bots when manoring. hell log in and you can auto follow me, love to show you !

Waiting on Guild Wars 2

Originally posted by Praor

As far as manor and overrated, I play on Bartz, North America's most crowded server. Without applying myself using the manor I make 3 million a night, on the nights I need cash I'll make 6-8 million. In a week of using the manor and only the manor starting from lvl 10, I was able to afford top D and Top C and all the ss to spam.
    I never been in competion with bots when manoring. hell log in and you can auto follow me, love to show you !

sure...

btw it's not seeding or getting seed's that's a problem it's getting the crop's sold that's hard at least on Teon

The problem is actually you, like I said log in and I'll show you, if not then stfu . I know you won't log in even though there is a trial out now to, you would hate to be proven wrong.

Waiting on Guild Wars 2

• DignaDigna Member UncommonPosts: 1,994

Summoner is the easiest. A note to the OP. Don't expect to max out only playing for a month at 2-3 hours a night. 1-40 isn't TOO hard on L2 but after 40 you do get into grind. I love L@ but had to give up playing because I tend to solo play and the time allotment required to level was just too much.

Yes, Dignam, I am aware of the difficulty of the game, that's why I want to play it.

I do not want to be top level in 1 month, I rather reach there in a year in a MMo I play. 1 month was just to make sure I enjoy the game, if I like it at the end of 1 month, I will extend my subscription.

Cheers o/

• EllyrionEllyrion Member Posts: 193

Beltamkor,

Well done on the research. You have made some fine choices. Blade Dancers are not only a "must have" support class within any serious XP group but are an excellent support DD to boot.

However, as Sorrowho eluded to you must consider the millieu of L2. Irrespective of the time you have alloted to the game, you must understand that L2 is NOT a solo game. Whilst soloing is permissive IT MUST be earnt as well. In other words you must set the conditions ingame for effective and efficient soloing. These include having the best available equipment a ton of soulshots and other consumables. The rate at which dual wielding classes consume soulshots alone is staggering. In a 2-3 hour session you will burn through anywhere from 6,000-15,000 soulshots. Less at lower levels due to lesser buffs and lower attack speeds, but later on your blades will burn a hole in your pocket.

You must understand that unlike other MMO's 2 is not a linear progression game. You have a XP cycle which must be paid for by the consumable crafting cycle. The issue is that quite often the crafting cycle can be as long as the XP cycle. In the crafting cycle the focus is not on progression but material collecting, playing the manor system and just trying to prepare for the next XP lunge. It can also take a long time in between grade changes when you're trying to craft your new weapons, armour and jewellery.

My advice is to find a clan irrespective of your time allocation. They will put you through the academy, so your progression from lv 15-40 will be very quick as the issue at hand are clan points which every clan needs in order to make itself stronger and add in more benefits for all clan members. You will also get a decent set of D grade armour (Clan Oath Set) as well as a nifty piece of ornamental jewellery.  (Remember L2 is all about looking good ;) ). Once past 40 you'll have more free reign and will XP at your own pace, but you will find that you're actually playing the class which you researched. The BD is a 2nd class change which is preceded by the DE Fighter and the Palus Knight.

The clan also comes with support structures which make your game time easier. You may find groups within your level are allready in progress when you log on and therefore maximise your playtime. Generally each clan will have some crafting support so that you only need to get the raw materials required before sitting down for a crafting session with a clan crafter. Generally clan crafters will have a stand by re-charger or several so that the crafting process itself is also accelerated. With time and based on your personality you may build enough trust for ppl to lend you weapons and equipment to allow you faster progression or perhaps ppl may even organise burst XP sessions with you and "kind of" PL you if you know what I mean.

The object of every clan is to push through as many players as possible into noblese status. Once there you can subsequently influence the olympiad or high end Siege based PvP at your clan leaders discretion and fully enjoy what L2 has to offer.

Regards,

Ellyrion Fiallathandriel

The Reckless Knight

Lunatris

The problem is actually you, like I said log in and I'll show you, if not then stfu . I know you won't log in even though there is a trial out now to, you would hate to be proven wrong.

why dont you just write excalty what seed's you buy, what crops you get, where you go to seed and what materials you get for your crop's, then how many crop's you need for the specific material, and if your to lazy to do that then im to lazy to log in and see that your lying.

• murphys123murphys123 Member Posts: 216

I wish I had enough time to play L2! Great game despite all the negatives that go along with it. I am just hoping Aion will be a suitable sub that is a bit more friendly to the play time challenged.

Thanks for the nice informative post Ellyrion!

I never really wanted to solo all the way to the top, I'd rather play a single player game then. My question was more driven from my past experience with FFXI where without a party you are obliged to sit in a city waiting for a party invite which might take up to hours. I want to be able to get some experience points or do something to improve my character even if I can only play for a small time on a day. That is why I asked for a class that also has some solo capabilities (no matter how inferior it might be to partying) Of course, if I can play for a long period of time on a day, I'd enjoy partying with people more than soloing and I will always seek a party on a day when I can play longer :)

Cheers o/

Originally posted by Beltamkor

I never really wanted to solo all the way to the top, I'd rather play a single player game then. My question was more driven from my past experience with FFXI where without a party you are obliged to sit in a city waiting for a party invite which might take up to hours. I want to be able to get some experience points or do something to improve my character even if I can only play for a small time on a day. That is why I asked for a class that also has some solo capabilities (no matter how inferior it might be to partying) Of course, if I can play for a long period of time on a day, I'd enjoy partying with people more than soloing and I will always seek a party on a day when I can play longer :)

Cheers o/

all classes can pretty much exp solo but most off em without buff's just solo so slow and has to rest alot that you never get anywhere...

the warlock summoner can solo fine non stop at a okay rate and never needing to rest, but from 1 to 40 you have to play the role as a nuker, and before you hit 56 a warlock isen't much party material but that dosen't mean clannies woulden't invite you to a party...

the bladedancer, just need's to much rest or lvl's to slow not to mention you probly lose adena's useing soulshot's hunting unbuffed with a bladedancer at 40 but they are far better party material then warlock's at 40 + ...

• EllyrionEllyrion Member Posts: 193

Cheers o/
    The problem which I'm trying to explain to you, is that L2 doesn't work like that.

Solo capabilites aren't very efficient for any class.  You will find that regardless of class, eventually your levels will outstrip your gear to the point where your DPS is insufficient to progress effectively (not even comparing efficiency).

Even green mobs (which yield the minimum of what consitutes reasonable XP) will become overwhelming without a gear upgrade. This is on top of the fact that even with optimum gear and unlimited soulshots the game becomes repetitive for XP progression as defined by the "grind" which has become so engendered with L2.

From purely a game mechanics perspective L2 is incredibly more efficient in groups.

WRT the pick up game... L2 is about resources as far as XP progression goes. The various classes in the game are differently designed in how they use their skills and what consumables they have to utilise IOT maximise efficiency.  This does not even take into accout the level disparity that may exist within the pickup group further adding to the friction of how to contribute to the group equally.

Resource consumption is not evenly distributed amongst the classes. This unfortunately has not stopped players from focusing on actual contribution to DPS as an overall measure of efficiency. Add to this risk vs reward issues of working out loot distribution, esp if you have a whole item drop which in some cases may be the one which funds the next 6 months of your consumable use and you begin to see that pick up groups are very difficult to establish, control and maintain in a state of relative parity given all the economic pressures of L2.

I'm not even going to confuse you by adding in the human dimension with machiavellian style politics, which overlay the milleu of L2, and permeate into every part of it. Even pick up groups are not immune to this and you will spend as much time recovering your XP as gaining it. Being part of collateral damage in a Clan War is not uncommon, and Clan Wars in L2 are very common indeed.

Regards,

Ellyrion Fiallathandriel

The Reckless Knight

Lunatris

Lol. I knew a whelp like you would come up with a responce like that, Now the offer was made but you refused and thats the bottom line !!!    as of now you have no more credibility, not that you had any before, of by the way , Have a better day :)

Waiting on Guild Wars 2

Lol. I knew a whelp like you would come up with a responce like that, Now the offer was made but you refused and thats the bottom line !!!    as of now you have no more credibility, not that you had any before, of by the way , Have a better day :)

sure im not the idiot who's suggetions a bladedancer or phantom summoner...

No, your just an idiot. You couldn't make it in this game, go post on the pac man forums.

Waiting on Guild Wars 2

No, your just an idiot. You couldn't make it in this game, go post on the pac man forums.
    trowing insults back and forth isen't gonna help anyone but here's why your suggetions are not good.

first you should have read the op's post abit more carefully and figured out that bladedancer is not a valid option for him, cause off sevral reasons.

They not good soloer's without buff's, and even with the best gear but without buff's you end up losing adena's hunting at some lvl's.

Not to mention how much time the op has to play l2 he will hardly have time to work the market and aquire good gear with a bladedancer, i also doubt he want's to ebay since he wont pay for 2 account's

then you suggested Phantom Summoner as your choice witch is not sought out bye party's so if it's a summoner the only real option for op is a Warlock

Thanks for the input so far all. 

No need to fight  over a noob's class choice really

As for the question of e-baying, no, I would never do such a thing. I survived through FFXI's inflated economy, I guess I can manage this too. I am not a player that plays to be top immediately....I enjoy the adventure to end-game as much as the end game....because from my 6 years of MMO experience, end game is usually full of drama in MMOs.

I have been trying the game so far and I can definitely see the need for partying over solo. I will try to get into a clan as soon as possible to see what it is like. In FFXI, linkshells (clans in L2) were loose groups most of the time, but L2 clans seem to be more organized and supportive. I am hoping I can get parties easily if I join an active clan even if I can play for 2-3 hours a day and 2-3 days a week. If not, I guess, L2 is not for me after all.

Cheers o/

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,003

Thanks for the input so far all. 
    No need to fight  over a noob's class choice really
    As for the question of e-baying, no, I would never do such a thing. I survived through FFXI's inflated economy, I guess I can manage this too. I am not a player that plays to be top immediately....I enjoy the adventure to end-game as much as the end game....because from my 6 years of MMO experience, end game is usually full of drama in MMOs.
    I have been trying the game so far and I can definitely see the need for partying over solo. I will try to get into a clan as soon as possible to see what it is like. In FFXI, linkshells (clans in L2) were loose groups most of the time, but L2 clans seem to be more organized and supportive. I am hoping I can get parties easily if I join an active clan even if I can play for 2-3 hours a day and 2-3 days a week. If not, I guess, L2 is not for me after all.
    Cheers o/
    Keep in mind, many people try to kill mobs that have "more and more' xp but they waste a lot of time and get chewed up by choosing harder and harder mobs.

The idea is that you want to blow through them quickly. I bring this up because you mention that you already see the need to party. Quite frankly for most classes you don't really "need" to party until you start getting toward C grade and some much much higher.

1-20? no need to party. And quite frankly D grade  no need to party. Especially if you chose hunting areas where the mobs drop healing and buff herbs. Top that off with the idea that you can get free buffs up to lvl 39 and you can see where the need to party is not that great.

And you are right, clans in L2 have more meaning than guilds or "linkshels' or what have you, in other games.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 

Originally posted by Sorrowho

trowing insults back and forth isen't gonna help anyone but here's why your suggetions are not good.

first you should have read the op's post abit more carefully and figured out that bladedancer is not a valid option for him, cause off sevral reasons.

They not good soloer's without buff's, and even with the best gear but without buff's you end up losing adena's hunting at some lvl's.

Not to mention how much time the op has to play l2 he will hardly have time to work the market and aquire good gear with a bladedancer, i also doubt he want's to ebay since he wont pay for 2 account's

then you suggested Phantom Summoner as your choice witch is not sought out bye party's so if it's a summoner the only real option for op is a Warlock

Wow you should take your own advice when it comes to reading, Hmm now lets read my first responce to OP, shall we ?

I see you did some research there, yup Bladedancers and Summoners are an option.

Bladedancers - Solo good up untill early to mid 50's, depending on your gear and what mob's you hunt, plenty of options though. Offensive buffer class, you will be dancing every 2 min's to provide these buffs and your party will love you for it !!     They also look downright awesome.

Summoner - Now here is where it gets debateable.  Phantom Summoner would be my choice, Your pet will get Vampric rage and you will get Body to mind. So its a win win. Some say Necro's or Elemental summoner. This class you will have to research to fine tune your taste more. Bottom line Summoners solo the best.

I just rerolled myself and leveling a Dark Elf Assasin going Abyss Walker, they solo ok to but will come a time where I will have to party if I wanted make some viable xp, which I don't mind.

Your times you mentioned that you will have to game is gonna be slow in advancing but thats ok, its the journey that matters. Also learn the Manor system, you will make mass amounts of money to fund all your grades, i use it exclusively.

You will notice I said  "option ", you will notice I said Bladedancers solo well up untill mid 50's depending on gear,You will see on Summoner the word " debatable " , You will see the word " research" to fine tune your taste.

Keep trying sorrow !

Waiting on Guild Wars 2