Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

World of Warcraft: Beta Contest Update

AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

As many of you might already know - we will be holding our World of Warcraft Beta drawing today at 9PM EST (6PM PST).  We are anticipating extremely high levels of traffic to the site during this time - likely high enough to give our servers a good butt kicking ;-)

We have made an offline version of the contest results that will be available here: http://contests.mmorpg.com/wow_winners.cfm

Due to the low number of prizes we will not be running this contest like previous ones - we will only be drawing the 3 winners who will have 24 hours to claim their prize...so there will be no need to worry about timing or rushing to the site to claim your ticket.

We had a very high turnout for the contest with just under 10,000 entries so far.  Good luck to you all!

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

The dead know only one thing: it is better to be alive.

Comments

• ZephidsZephids Member Posts: 6

You know I had hope for a moment there

~ Zephids Embrace of the Blue

"Spells will shun you, as will everyone else."

~ Zephids Embrace

• MalkavianMalkavian Member UncommonPosts: 2,995

You still have a better chance than me.  image

See you all in the Chat Room tonight & GL!

- Malkavian image

"When you find youself sinking into Madness, dive" - Malkavian Proverb

- MMORPG.COM Staff -
    Forum Stalker
    [email protected]

"When you find yourself sinking into Madness, dive"

• LSDMiraculixLSDMiraculix Member Posts: 95

over 10000 ::::04::
    and I hoped to have a chance ::::16::
    so there seems to be no way into beta for me ::::21::

• AlanBexanAlanBexan Member Posts: 18
    Can you ask Blizzard to give you guys more accounts? The reason for my requesting this is that GUIComics or some other site was having a beta contest with three accounts available, and when they received 1,500 entries, Blizzard gave them an extra two accounts. If you do the math, the equivalent accounts for entries in this contest would be about 33 accounts (assuming 10,000 entries). Maybe you or some leader of this site could ask? I'm sure a lot more of us would be hopeful on seeing the number of accounts go up.

• ZephidsZephids Member Posts: 6
    Think they already asked bro...said Blizzard won't budge on the topic, if memory serves me right.  I think it's in the original announcement post of the contest

~ Zephids Embrace of the Blue

~ Zephids Embrace

• fixerefixere Member UncommonPosts: 3

Man , 10,000
    we are f¤cked...

I never get lucky :)

• drigamdrigam Member Posts: 22
    Looks like the only way i'm getting into WoW is by paying cash for it. image

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

Originally posted by AlanBexan
    Can you ask Blizzard to give you guys more accounts? The reason for my requesting this is that GUIComics or some other site was having a beta contest with three accounts available, and when they received 1,500 entries, Blizzard gave them an extra two accounts. If you do the math, the equivalent accounts for entries in this contest would be about 33 accounts (assuming 10,000 entries). Maybe you or some leader of this site could ask? I'm sure a lot more of us would be hopeful on seeing the number of accounts go up.

We have sent 4+ requests about this same thing.  We figured if GU got some more for 1500 that 10K should get you guys a few more chances.  However, all 4 messages have been ignored. image

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• AlanBexanAlanBexan Member Posts: 18
    Thank you for trying.

• BrutuxBrutux Member Posts: 156

Yes thanks and you all should be glad you even have a chance I wasn't able to sign-up for beta so this contest is my only hope and I really don't care what the odds are I know I still have a chance to win ::::01::. Would be nice for blizzard to give out more beta keys but at least they gave this many ::::17::. So good luck all I don't mean to be self-fish but I hope I win ::::19::.

• worfolkworfolk Member Posts: 1

/me crosses fingers

• AckbarAckbar Member UncommonPosts: 927

Did i win yet??? pls pls pls pls pls pls pls

ILL KILL YOU YOU BASTARDS!!!

beta account mine now kthnx

ITS A TRAP

----ITS A TRAP!!!----

• MaustanMaustan Member Posts: 3

hehe wow 10,000 entries, thats crazy::::04::

good luck to all. may the luckiest one win::::02::

• zippypinheadzippypinhead Member Posts: 2

one can only hope...::::40::

• DarfanDarfan Member Posts: 1

Well I hope whatever does happen I manage to well know I tried heh. image Its funny I was reading up a poll and it seems that Everquest & WoW fans dont get along but I have to to say WoW is just a kick a$$ game. Blizzard to the end baby. P.S. BEST OF LUCK TO ALL IN THE CONTEST!image

• kttdkt22kttdkt22 Member Posts: 1
    if around 10,000 people entered and only 3 win then the chances = .0003% chance to win

• AdminAdmin Administrator RarePosts: 5,623

Well, it would actually be %0.03.  And really the odds are not quite that simple because we give bonus tickets for every 3 days you logged into the site...up to 5 tickets.  So this ups your odds considerably.  You can gather that 70% of the 10,000 entries have no bonus tickets...so if you earned your 5 bonus tickets your odds coule be as high as %0.1 - or 1/1000.  Not great still...but not too bad compared to 1/3333 image

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

- MMORPG.COM Staff -

• ZsterZster Member Posts: 21
    10000 entries and 3 winners would be .03% right? 3 out of 100 is 3%, 3 out of 1000 is .3% and 3 out of 10000 is .03%, wow my odds for WoW Beta account have just increased. So has yours! May the least selfish 3 win. Those who truely want someone who will be dedicated enough to write articles everyday to let us who aren't in the Beta know just how great WoW is =).

---------------------------------------------
    Visit me at http://cheerz.low-ping.com/main.asp =)

• agentcipheragentcipher Member Posts: 223

It's almost impossible to determine a set number of odds, because some of the people with bonus tickets might have only 2 extra instead of the full five. The only real way to determine your odds would be to count every single ticket and how many you have yourself. I'm trying my best not to think about the odds too much... it'll only make you sad. heh.

---------------------------

free ipods

Proof it's not a scam

• T-WatsT-Wats Member Posts: 1

ahha

• zippypinheadzippypinhead Member Posts: 2

GRRRRRRRRR! damnit.... oh well, ill just wait for open beta.

• KaladonKaladon Member Posts: 6

Take 10000 and factor in the amounts of enteries each person has from logging on... Man i think we have better odds to win the lotto!

• wanorakwanorak Member Posts: 16
    I didn't won image This really sucks guess need to find a other game to play in the meantime...

• ThriftThrift Member Posts: 1,783
    Nooooo I thought I was going to win this, image I really wanted this sooooooo bad

Have fun you 3 who won!!

• BabylonGodBabylonGod Member Posts: 3

Well, so much for that beta account. And to think, I opened a fortune cookie the other day at the local chinese buffet and it said, "You will get what your heart desires soon."

Bah so much for my faith in the chinese myths.